Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Poll: Suggestion for POLL Topics:
Where would you consider getting your next pet from ?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 28, 2003, 3:30 AM

Post #1 of 52 (3035 views)
Shortcut
Where would you consider getting your next pet from ? Can't Post

1. Breeder
2. Petshop
3. Home breeder
4. Family & Friends
5. SPCA & PAWS or adoption
6. Advertisement in the daily newpapers
7. import from oversea

cheers,
minglmy

mackmack
Doggyman

Sep 28, 2003, 8:52 AM

Post #2 of 52 (3022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Where would you consider getting your next pet from ? [In reply to] Can't Post

This is a good one!

but i cant give a firm answer, coz i believe it could be form any way (for me) as long as the feel is "fated to own the dog". Then.... "let it be"Wink

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 28, 2003, 8:54 AM

Post #3 of 52 (3021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Where would you consider getting your next pet from ? [In reply to] Can't Post

what's the actual difference btwn breeder and home breeder?

breeders breed their dogs in kennels and home breeders in residential houses????

anyway, no matter what, breeders all the way.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 28, 2003, 9:22 AM

Post #4 of 52 (3019 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Where would you consider getting your next pet from ? [In reply to] Can't Post

from what I know... home breeder can also be backyard breeder (meaning might not have any knowledge of breeding their dog) just breed n sell cheap-cheap for the sake of breeding n selling puppies.

Breeder is those who show their dog and breed only once in a while and will only breed their dog from a certain age (2 yrs old - 6/7 yrs only) and only about maybe once in a year kind of scenario.

The above is just an example... there are many more that could fall in either one of the category which I might not know of....

cheers,
minglmy

(This post was edited by minglmy on Sep 28, 2003, 9:26 AM)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 28, 2003, 9:25 AM

Post #5 of 52 (3017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Where would you consider getting your next pet from ? [In reply to] Can't Post

er.... there is that also lar... "fated" maybe got another category call - mana-mana lor in no.7 Tongue

cheers,
minglmy

Kowpa

Sep 28, 2003, 9:26 AM

Post #6 of 52 (3016 views)
Shortcut

Puppy mill I should say

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 28, 2003, 9:51 AM

Post #7 of 52 (3012 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowpa] Where would you consider getting your next pet from ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Why would you consider getting ur next puppy from the puppymills ? Crazy

cheers,
minglmy

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 28, 2003, 10:49 AM

Post #8 of 52 (3009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack, ALL] Where would you consider getting your next pet from ? [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah i agree with ms mack here! Wink

leave it to fate, it would happen if it's meant to be...

but if i have to choose, animal shelters would get my vote...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Sep 28, 2003, 2:57 PM

Post #9 of 52 (3007 views)
Shortcut

ohh...my breeder does not show her dogs..i'm not too sure if i'm right..but i'm confident that "handlers", not breeders, involve in show business...

correct me if i'm wrong..

cheerios
Meme

odie moves MY world!

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 29, 2003, 8:13 AM

Post #10 of 52 (3001 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] Where would you consider getting your next pet from ? [In reply to] Can't Post

well, here in KL most of those i seen does breed their show dogs... but i have yet to really see any professional hired handlers around.

Your breeder is in US or KL ?

cheers,
minglmy

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Sep 29, 2003, 2:51 PM

Post #11 of 52 (2995 views)
Shortcut

my breeder is from US...Well a couple of breeders I met, they told me the same thing..maybe it's different in KL....however, i definitely not opposing to breeders showing their dogs...
Meme

odie moves MY world!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 29, 2003, 7:44 PM

Post #12 of 52 (2991 views)
Shortcut

for me.. same as and Ai Ney...fated.

If not...all except the pet shop.

To me, home breeder means..just breed the doggie for hobby. Came fr a dog loving family who has an interest in selling the dog to a good home. Not necessarily with a fancy bloodline..or a show dog. That's sort of thing.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 29, 2003, 11:48 PM

Post #13 of 52 (2987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Where would you consider getting your next pet from ? [In reply to] Can't Post

oh well, there is lots of different definition on the word home-breeder so it really depends on each individual on their own interpretation on this ler... SmileWink

cheers,
minglmy

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 29, 2003, 11:50 PM

Post #14 of 52 (2986 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] Where would you consider getting your next pet from ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess its different in KL.... I have yet to see a professional handler in the show ring. Most of the time I see people helping each another to show the dogs only.

cheers,
minglmy

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 4:38 AM

Post #15 of 52 (2980 views)
Shortcut

true..

should add another catergory.....backyard breeder..

but doubt anyone would choose that....duh.Unimpressed
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 30, 2003, 8:37 AM

Post #16 of 52 (2975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Where would you consider getting your next pet from ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

the thing is how wud u know the home breeder is a backyard breeder or not ? That's why I only put up the one category coz its pretty hard to find the line between the 2 u see...

cheers,
minglmy

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 9:34 AM

Post #17 of 52 (2971 views)
Shortcut

erm....backyard breeder's place and a home breeder's place...very different.

home breeder..like a normal home..back yard breeder..like a mini puppy mill..simply horrible..smelt really bad too..the pups were completely covered in their own pee..the white pup..was not white Unsure

anyways,that's wht i think..

guess ur right..
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

sslee80
ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 5:02 PM

Post #18 of 52 (2967 views)
Shortcut

hi

I wish I could import one pup in the futureSmileSmile

Right now "pok kai" edi...

Have a Great Day.

Sean LEE

sun-arrow

Sep 30, 2003, 9:46 PM

Post #19 of 52 (2962 views)
Shortcut

mostly likely will be from animal shelters. Or breeders/friends.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 30, 2003, 11:49 PM

Post #20 of 52 (2958 views)
Shortcut

do u seriously think that a backyard breeder would let u see that kind of scenario in their place ? i doubt so lor... most prob they wud disguise themself as a home breeder as a front and sell their puppies....

cheers,
minglmy

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 30, 2003, 11:50 PM

Post #21 of 52 (2957 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sslee80] Where would you consider getting your next pet from ? [In reply to] Can't Post

wow ! good for u then Smile gonna plan to show the dog ?

cheers,
minglmy

JolinG
Doggyman

Oct 1, 2003, 5:51 AM

Post #22 of 52 (2950 views)
Shortcut

ming yang...so smart larh u
where got all homebreeder breed the dog in the back yard?..so your saying we breed all our dogs in the backyard is it?.........
backyard breeders are those who have alot lot lot of diffrent kind of dogs...cramp into small space...poo there shit there do everythign in 1 place
mate them heat after heat..........that is backyard breeder puppymill
and how the wan to disguise themselves as homebreeder...take 1 good look at their surrounding..u also know wat kind or breeder they are lar

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Oct 1, 2003, 8:10 AM

Post #23 of 52 (2946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] Where would you consider getting your next pet from ? [In reply to] Can't Post

eh girl,
there is no need to be so defensive one lar....

like i say, the line between some home breeders and back yard breeders is "sometimes" confusing especially to those who don't know or have NOT seen a real home breeders before.

For example for a person who is backyard breeders (mate them heat after heat, got 3 -4 kind of dogs) do u think they will TELL or admit that they are backyard breeders ?

You seriously think that they will bring people to their place n show them the cramp small space taht they are keeping their dogs when they are planning to sell the puppies as homebreed kind of dogs ?

There is sooo much advertisement in the papers nowdays that says that they are homebreed but got 5 different kind of pups being advertise. U tell me what are they ? coz I'm totally confused !

cheers,
minglmy

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 1, 2003, 8:27 AM

Post #24 of 52 (2937 views)
Shortcut

yes.....they would

I've been to one before....
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

JolinG
Doggyman

Oct 1, 2003, 8:38 AM

Post #25 of 52 (2934 views)
Shortcut

well...........Blush from wat i read i tot u were saying that backyard breeders n homebreeders are the SAme marrrrrr

homebreed advertise in the newspaper...hemr..u already know lar...advertise edi loh..!...ppl making money out of this.......3-4 kind of dog?..u have to go n see their place lar..then u know wat kind of breeder they are...whether ethical or not...

from word of mouth.....or anything like that u canot judge...go n see for yourself.....if they are genuine home breeders....they will ask u come in the house....show u where they keep their dogs.....show u the dam....the sire.....of if not possible the pic of the dam..or sire........

as for the advertisement...5 diff kind of puppies?!....definitly not a hobby breeder..more like make money kind lar

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my