Should dogs be dressed up?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Twenko

Sep 27, 2003, 6:49 AM

Post #1 of 149 (30611 views)
Shortcut
Should dogs be dressed up? Can't Post

Smile What do you guys think?

Should our doggies be dressed up in man-made clothes and preened and had their fur 'coloured' for our liking?

^_^

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

My beloved furkids :
Abby, the Lickin' Champ - 7 months, Dober-Rott
Chelsea, the Eating Champ - 6 months, G.R
Jane, the Jumpin' Champ - 8 months, Shih Tzu

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 27, 2003, 7:29 AM

Post #2 of 149 (30608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Twenko] Should dogs be dressed up? [In reply to] Can't Post

clothes should be okay but dying their fur into colours we like gets a big "NO" from me..

even human hair dye is dangerous and causes cancer..Unsure

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 27, 2003, 7:38 AM

Post #3 of 149 (30607 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

I think that if u dye the hair if the dog's hair already white or dirty...dye it to natural colours oklah...but what they have now r those funky coloursUnsure...sickCrazy

Clothes....if those normal clothes oklar...definitely no to those superman n bikini...ridiculousShockedUnimpressed

Sometimes i think they just overdo the dog...we should love them for their beauty rite? Not to modify them with these crazy stuffsCrazy

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 27, 2003, 8:41 AM

Post #4 of 149 (30604 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] Should dogs be dressed up? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

lol, ppl would be thinking since they're dyeing the dog, why dye back the same colours at the same price with those funky looking colors :/

imagine pink retrievers, green pugs and purple GSDs in future. OMG.

and about clothes, when u mention superman are u referring to the whole suit, as in the inside out underwear concept as well :o

i've seen superpup tee at PD trip and it won the beauty contest that day. basically it's just a simple tee shirt with cape and an "S" logo imprinted in front :> not too bad actually, dog seems comfy in it as well..!

oh, but i've seen spiderman suits (tight fitting like spiderman's) for dogs for sale and it is really thick. something like scuba divers suit from neck to toe of the dog. VERY stuffy.

my own opinion, even if you're getting a shirt for a dog, maybe a simple tee will do.. don't get stuffy hot clothes that make dogs unconfortable. i see no point in suffering the dog for the sake of dressing them up to be cute (while they already are cute enough)

regards,
hunter

2ephyr
ALPHA

Sep 27, 2003, 8:47 AM

Post #5 of 149 (30603 views)
Shortcut

hahaha....ppl nowadays treat their dogs like their barbie dolls....i wonder how da dogs feel under those clothes....???

doodle
ALPHA

Sep 27, 2003, 8:47 AM

Post #6 of 149 (30603 views)
Shortcut

i think dogs should remain dogs. Moreover it's not that they chose to wear the clothes. Unless, they pick it up and asked us to wear it for them, I guess it is ok?
Cause whenever I try to wear clothes for my dogs, they will struggle for freedom.

Dyeing? dog's nature colour is the best~!Laugh

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 27, 2003, 10:47 AM

Post #7 of 149 (30599 views)
Shortcut

interesting question..

making them dress up and dying their fur geta a big fat no from me..

lol

Don't like my dogs looking...un-dog-like Tongueand it's Malaysia..so hot. Doubt the doggies need anymore on their skin.

A t-shirt and bandana is ok..but not frills,laces,dresses...etc..u get what i mean.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

sweeeng
ALPHA

Sep 27, 2003, 5:27 PM

Post #8 of 149 (30594 views)
Shortcut

I don't see why we should dress up our furkids since they have their own natural lovely fur.... unless we accidently make them look ugly then no choice, la... Tongue

regards,
sweeeng

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Sep 27, 2003, 6:32 PM

Post #9 of 149 (30592 views)
Shortcut

leave them alone!!!

Cool odie doesn't like to be dressed up like a mannequin..
Meme

odie moves MY world!

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 28, 2003, 9:59 AM

Post #10 of 149 (30582 views)
Shortcut
Re: [2ephyr] Should dogs be dressed up? [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHI,

I don't agree with that coz barbie dolls r lifeless but dogs aren't but hope u don't dress u brooklyn like a superman..little boy..hahaTongue

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 28, 2003, 10:07 AM

Post #11 of 149 (30582 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Should dogs be dressed up? [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHi,

what superman suit i mean r those not only a t-shirt but with the wings at the back n a belt of S sign....

Hello, i really pity those dogs who kena like that but mostly toy dogs kenalah...

A t-shirt is ok...but i've even seen suits with wings..wonder have u seen? n saw the spiderman suit too like the the scuba diving suit like u said is too much

that's what i mean...a simply t-shirt or dress'll do..not those eleborate onesUnsure

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 28, 2003, 10:20 AM

Post #12 of 149 (30580 views)
Shortcut

most of the time I like them "nekid" Tongue but other times this mummy kena gila-gila arrow then will let them wear t'shirt (those i purposely buy to do charity Tongue)

at least t'shirt is not that HOT compare to some suit like the bee n such so its much better lor...

cheers,
minglmy

Twenko

Sep 29, 2003, 5:05 AM

Post #13 of 149 (30575 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] Should dogs be dressed up? [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Hmm... I respect everyone's opinion but I personally prefer dogs in their natural state. Maybe tail dockings and ear croppings are considered as 'dressed up' also, I want to focus on the literal meaning of 'dressed up'. (^_^) Still with me?

Ok.

Anyway, I think it's cute to dtess dogs up for Halloween but putting them in tight fitting clothes are not good for the dogs. The reason dogs have fur is to protec themselves from the sun and from cold. If we dress them up in Malaysia, imagine how the poor dog will feel. It's like wearing a long-sleeve shirt under a fur coat in Malaysia.

As for fur-dyeing.... I saw an article on the Star not too long ago. It was an article featured on Star Metro and the front pic was a poodle coloured in different colours.

Personally, I think it's really ugly. At least, if one wants to dye their furkid's furs, they should pick more natural looking colours instead of bright red, blue, green or yellow. Even toy dogs don't have that colour.

(^_^) Anyway, thanks for replying, guys.

~ Twenko.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

My beloved furkids :
Abby, the Lickin' Champ - 7 months, Dober-Rott
Chelsea, the Eating Champ - 6 months, G.R
Jane, the Jumpin' Champ - 8 months, Shih Tzu

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 29, 2003, 5:09 AM

Post #14 of 149 (30574 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Should dogs be dressed up? [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHi,

I too prefer my dogs naked....sometimes but rarely i'll put on a shirt on minnie's mum n she looks like a service dog...so cuteSmile

My Teddy...i prefer him naked coz the beauty lies on his fur..why hide it?Tongue

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 29, 2003, 6:38 AM

Post #15 of 149 (30571 views)
Shortcut

oh yes.. those honeybee suits are a little extreme :o... it's also hooded, thus shud be quite stuffy since the dog is pretty much wrapped up in a little package.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 29, 2003, 8:31 AM

Post #16 of 149 (30567 views)
Shortcut

Hi nathalie,

get some pics of minnie's mum for us to see lar... must be a real darling to capture ur heart like that Smile. As for teddy he got nice soft fur there... no point covering him up at all !

cheers,
minglmy

nathalie
Doggyman

Oct 2, 2003, 7:56 AM

Post #17 of 149 (30558 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

cannot agree more with u... n even bugs..funny rite? This ppl r making their dogs look like clowns..for ppl to laughFrown pity these dogs only..some even comes in a jumper suit...quite illogical i think. Could u imagine ur Hunter in those suites? I know u'll never let him wear thoseSmile

nathalie
Doggyman

Oct 2, 2003, 7:59 AM

Post #18 of 149 (30557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Should dogs be dressed up? [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHi,

Thanks for the compliment but i've let him wear a dress once n he looked very funny..his body looks so small but the head n tail is so fluffyTonguehaha...

I also wanna post her pic but too bad i don't have a digital cameraBlush. sorrylah..wait till i advance a bit liao firstlorUnsure

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 2, 2003, 9:22 AM

Post #19 of 149 (30555 views)
Shortcut

well even if they think it's cute to put clothes on, i don't think letting them wear clothes in hot hot malaysia.. especially those made of thick cloths.. it's seemingly uncomfortable! those sophisticated costumes, they're better off used for photo-taking purposes only.. short sessions that is.

hunter in honeybee, bugs and jumper suits :O:O:O ???

thank you, but i still prefer a naked retriever. lol.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Oct 2, 2003, 9:29 AM

Post #20 of 149 (30553 views)
Shortcut

dun worry we can wait to see the pic ones... u juz owe us only mar !

cheers,
minglmy

nathalie
Doggyman

Oct 3, 2003, 2:28 AM

Post #21 of 149 (30546 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

No honey bee on hunter...hope that these 'pathgetic' ownrs will wake up one day coz i don't think the dogs like it too...none of my dog does. only put a shirt on him when he's sick.Unsure

I think most of the ppl here still prefer their dog naked except for wearing sanitary pants during menses.Smile

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 3, 2003, 3:49 AM

Post #22 of 149 (30542 views)
Shortcut

hey,

speaking of sanitary pants, ever tried those on your dogs?

nathalie
Doggyman

Oct 3, 2003, 8:23 AM

Post #23 of 149 (30538 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

Yes on my lab..she's indoor all the time and on my bed so i don't wanna stain here n there..so let ht wearlor...it hink taht's an exception to this topiclor..necessity v fancy dressing.

Hunter's a male so u don't experience it but if u have a female then u'll understand. Luckily 2 times a year onlyUnimpressed. Lol, i've even seen a man putting an undrwear on his rott ok? funny rite?Tongue

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 3, 2003, 10:02 AM

Post #24 of 149 (30533 views)
Shortcut

do those work?Crazy has ur lab tried biting it off?

planning on getting one for Hazel..
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 3, 2003, 8:49 PM

Post #25 of 149 (30531 views)
Shortcut

half of my earlier posting wasn't included in my post.. dunno why...

lol, actually the missing part was "i know hunter don't need it, but juz curious whether it works. lol"

hey if i got a bitch at home i'd do the same like u did also... better than caging her up for weeks!

i've heard of the underwear-wearing rotty!!! wonder if it's the same person u referring? LOL funny indeed!

regards,
hunter

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my