IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Too much love?

Twenko

Sep 27, 2003, 5:50 AM

Post #1 of 12 (2097 views)
Shortcut
Too much love? Can't Post

Crazy *sobs* I don't know if this is natural or not...

Last week was one of the best week of my life. I've a new pup that I love to death.... but now, she seemed more interested in playing by herself ( aka spending time alone, tearing up newspaper, not coming when called ).

Can is be because we gave her too much love and attention? I was told that pups can turn 'immune' to their human's love. I really hope my Abby is not sick of me.

I spend my every spare hours with her, playing with her, feeding her. Should I ignore her so she'll play with me again? It's not that she totally ignore me but she's been giving my family the cold shoulder all day today. Please advice

*sobs*

~ Twenko

PS : This happened to my previous dog. He was so sick of my love that everytime when I try to hug him, he'll squirm away.... *sobs*

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

My beloved furkids :
Abby, the Lickin' Champ - 7 months, Dober-Rott
Chelsea, the Eating Champ - 6 months, G.R
Jane, the Jumpin' Champ - 8 months, Shih Tzu

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 27, 2003, 6:13 AM

Post #2 of 12 (2092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Twenko] Too much love? [In reply to] Can't Post

hey there, SmileLaugh

there's no such thing as too much love for a doggie.Tongue

She's just being independant and bad at recall. Wink

hmm...hv u trained her on re-call ?(basically it's just coming when u call her)... what do u use as a treat? food? hugs? a game? different dogs are motivated by different things. Some dogs are so attched it's like he's stuck to his owner's leg and when it's time to leave for work..uh oh..

maybe u can tear up newspaper with her.. lol Laugh

seriously though, maybe she's bored with the games u hv in mind..she probably wants to play with something new.

"It's not that she totally ignore me but she's been giving my family the cold shoulder all day today"..erm...is she active today? as in playing? eating? appetite ok?

also females are known to be a little more independant than males(don't see a diffrence in my dogs though..but..i read that)
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 27, 2003, 7:42 AM

Post #3 of 12 (2090 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

Since u just got Abby u r supposed to spend more time ith her...some breeds tend to destroy things if u leave them alone to be bored...like labs...no such thing such as too much loveTongue

doodle
ALPHA

Sep 27, 2003, 8:57 AM

Post #4 of 12 (2087 views)
Shortcut

i haven't come across too much love case before. Not enough attention got la.

Usually dogs who doesn't have enough attention will tear newspapers, destructive and barking?

U can try playing with him with treats and games. I think that will interest him.Cool

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 28, 2003, 3:49 AM

Post #5 of 12 (2082 views)
Shortcut

hi !

there is no such thing like giving too much love one lar.... maybe she just likes to be independent and prefers to play something else... try and interest her in some other games maybe. good luck !

cheers,
minglmy

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 28, 2003, 7:34 AM

Post #6 of 12 (2076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL, hunter, ai_ney] Too much love? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys ... actually think Twenko has brought up something very interesting ... “too much love” ...

"Love" as an emotion, is capable of expression in many ways. And how love is expressed determines whether the love is healthy or unhealthy.

A “love” that expresses itself in extreme jealousy, possessiveness or a need to control may not be healthy – because good love accepts and gives …

And it's the same with loving our dogs … if we truly love our dogs then we need to ensure that our acts & deeds fulfil our dog’s needs and not just ours …

(a) With good love there is always acceptance. And we need to learn to accept our dogs' nature, its instincts and needs. Good love is neither blind, unreasonable or maintains unreasonable expectations. Just because we love our dogs – we should not expect our dogs to behave or react like a human being.

(b) With good love there is always teaching and learning. We have to realise that our dogs are not toys or teddy bears … just cuddling and hugging our dog is not enough. A dog (by deepest instincts and nature) requires structure in its life – And if we love our dogs, it’s our responsibility to provide that structure.

Different dogs & different breeds will have different needs & requirements. If we love our dogs … its our responsibility to find out.

I would question the love of any one who thinks its too much trouble learning how to properly train/teach their dog – as I would I question the love of any parent who sees no need to teach a child.

(c) With good love there is always communication … and we do need to learn how to communicate with your dog. While a dog may not be sentient in the human sense - they are not stupid! … They are just different.

And in many ways – they are a whole lot smarter than we are … Dogs observe with great clarity, they speak with their whole bodies and an array of sounds … and they pick up our moods & energies with amazing accuracy … learn about this and we can use it to communicate with our dogs.

There is no love without communication.

*** Twenko ...
Your Rottie is a baby ... and growing fast ... much faster than a human child - it's behaviour is going to change from day to day ... from week to week ...

Also a Rottie is not a Shih Tzu or Peke ... You picked a baby with a long tradition, of strong work instincts & drive ... Just cuddling & feeding your Rottie may not be enough to satisfy her growing curiosity, her physical and mental needs ...

A Rottweiler is a beautiful dog. Your Rottie has the potential of being your best friend ever, possessed of high intelligence, capable of great loyalty ... she will even give her life to save you ...

Your Rottie needs you to learn enough to give her that chance ...

Right now ... your pup is probably just behaving as all puppies do … little destruction machines ... and I don't think it has anything to do with being "bored with your affection" ...

But that being said ... your puppy requires stimulation both physical & mental for proper development ... you should start teaching/training her. And in so doing - you will learn about your dog and yourself, about how to communicate with your dog ... it will bond the dog to you and you to your dog ...

CheersSmile

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Sep 28, 2003, 7:54 AM)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 28, 2003, 10:21 AM

Post #7 of 12 (2065 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Too much love? [In reply to] Can't Post

*sob*~~

very true, very true indeed!

and yes, there is no love without communication. how would that be possible :/

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 28, 2003, 10:44 AM

Post #8 of 12 (2063 views)
Shortcut

well said SK ! couldn't agrees more with you on this Smile

cheers,
minglmy

Twenko

Sep 30, 2003, 6:40 AM

Post #9 of 12 (2048 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Too much love? [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Hello everyone.

Abby is back to playing with us again. I think she found the kitchen interesting when I first posted this thread.

Now it's back to normal. Chasing me around the house, playing with water, scratching my leg for me to pick her up and tearing my pants into shreds. Laugh I LOVE ABBY~!

<-- my pants have two big holes because she was pulling on them so hard. It was made of thin material.

I now look like Tom Hank's fellow castaway with my torned bermuda shorts. (^_^)

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

My beloved furkids :
Abby, the Lickin' Champ - 7 months, Dober-Rott
Chelsea, the Eating Champ - 6 months, G.R
Jane, the Jumpin' Champ - 8 months, Shih Tzu

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 9:21 AM

Post #10 of 12 (2043 views)
Shortcut

very well said SK Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 9:24 AM

Post #11 of 12 (2042 views)
Shortcut

glad to hear the good news Smile

LOL

...do u hv a wilson volley ball too? u need that to complete the ensemble Laugh
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

(This post was edited by RealityDreamer on Sep 30, 2003, 9:24 AM)

kesuke
Doggyman

Oct 1, 2003, 12:30 AM

Post #12 of 12 (2032 views)
Shortcut

wahh...you really 'sek sek' your little abby very much!!!

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my