IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Show and Championship:
NADAC Championships

milooh

Sep 22, 2003, 8:28 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1624 views)
Shortcut
NADAC Championships Can't Post

I know I have not posted in a while. Jef and I have been pretty busy with the AKC agility trials almost every weekend. But the big one is the NADAC Championships in Calgary, Canada. He is competing with Milo and IRiS in the championships which starts on Tuesday, 9/24/03 until Sunday, 9/28/03. So we are packed and ready to go to Calgary on Monday morning. It's going to take about 12 hours of driving to get there from here, Auburn, Washington.

Will post results if I have access to the internet. Smile

Rossie aka Milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

(This post was edited by milooh on Sep 22, 2003, 8:29 PM)

cdmoo
ALPHA

Sep 22, 2003, 9:31 PM

Post #2 of 9 (1611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [milooh] NADAC Championships [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Milooh,

Good luck!

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 22, 2003, 9:36 PM

Post #3 of 9 (1610 views)
Shortcut

hi,

is NADAC championship an international competition?

anyway, best of luck! am sure milo and iris will do good :> !

arthur
ALPHA

Sep 22, 2003, 10:27 PM

Post #4 of 9 (1604 views)
Shortcut

Hi Rossie!

All the best from us here in Malaysia! Wow! A 6 day agility event. Must be both exciting and tiring as well. BTW, since Calgary is in British Columbia, any animal quarantine restrictions between US and Canada?

Have fun you guys and hope to see the team action captured on video!

Rdgs Arthur

(This post was edited by arthur on Sep 22, 2003, 10:29 PM)

milooh

Sep 23, 2003, 5:06 AM

Post #5 of 9 (1580 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] NADAC Championships [In reply to] Can't Post

The most important thing is to have signed rabies certificates and those shots done within the last 36 months. I dont know of any quarantine though.

NADAC stands for North American Dog Agility Council, so if you qualify for the championships within a specified period of time (have to read the rules) and accumulated 100 points for your dog, you can compete. Will have more news later if i can connect to the internet. ciao.

Rossie, milo, iris, jef and yes the border collie, gael.
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

shirleylim19
Novice

Sep 23, 2003, 8:14 AM

Post #6 of 9 (1570 views)
Shortcut

Hey milooh,Smile

Good Luck!!!SmileSmileSmile

milooh

Sep 23, 2003, 7:56 PM

Post #7 of 9 (1550 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] NADAC Championships [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry Arthur, its only 5 days, starts on wednesday and ends on sunday. Hopefully Jef and the puppies can get to the finals.

Started the drive at about 6 30 am this morning and got to Calgary at about 6 15 pm. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express and its pretty cool. Jef brought a lap top from work too.

Talk to you guys later.

rossie
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

boon
Doggyman

Sep 23, 2003, 10:05 PM

Post #8 of 9 (1545 views)
Shortcut

Hi Rossie,

Good luck and hope to hear from your end soon. Wink

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

milooh

Sep 24, 2003, 3:14 AM

Post #9 of 9 (1532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] NADAC Championships [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Hunter, to answer your question, NADAC is not considered international as it covers only competitors from North America. You have to be on the world team to complete in international agility. I think Milo has to jump like 30 inches and IRiS 26 inches or something, who knows. I know Jef entered Milo in international jumpers with weaves at an AKC trial and it was just such a difficult course, twisty and tight obstacles and Milo just about knocked every jump on the course. Unsure

We are going to check out the place to find grocery stores and restaurants on Tuesday morning. Before checking into the hotel last night, we found an off leash park about 5 miles from the hotel. The puppies had a blast!!!!

Jef wont be able to post videos right away as I dont think he has adobe premiere on this lap top but I will post results here.

rossie aka milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my