... Time for thought

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 18, 2003, 8:09 PM

Post #1 of 4 (707 views)
Shortcut
... Time for thought Can't Post

An extract from The Nature of Animal Healing:

“If animals could talk, here’s what they’d say ...

For starters, about that food. Why, they’d ask, do you give me the same boring pet chow day after day? You don’t have that kind of diet. You have different foods for every meal - and the foods you eat are real! Why wouldn’t we want real food, too? Don’t we have the same bodily needs? As it is, the dry kibble … the canned food is gross, and neither kind seems to impart much nutrition … Perhaps they’d add, having thought long and hard … there’s some connection between poor food and poor health.

Certainly you take us to the veterinarian more than ever before. Yet why, they’d ask, do visits to the clinic often leave us felling worse in the long run? We come in with a skin inflammation, we are given a steroid: for a while we feel better bit then the effect fades. We go back with q fever get an antibiotic: the fever goes down, but something else comes up … days or even months later we feel sluggish and sick. Just as we are finally shaking of the ill effects, back we go to the veterinarian for more …

And if all that conventional medicine is supposed to keep us well … why are so many animals getting seriously sick? Why, in particular is there so much cancer? Why are so many dying before their time?

Twenty-five years ago when I started out in practice, the pets I saw with these diseases were old. Their conditions seemed to be age related, and slow-growing enough to be accepted. Of the cases I see now, many are young and don’t live past the age of 5. It’s no longer unusual to see a 3year old cat with kidney failure. Or an 18month old dog with part of its jaw eaten away by cancer …”

- The Nature of Animal Healing – Martin Goldstein DVM

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Sep 18, 2003, 8:25 PM)

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 18, 2003, 8:11 PM

Post #2 of 4 (705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] ... Time for thought [In reply to] Can't Post

oh shucks..........*guilt* Frown

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 18, 2003, 8:38 PM

Post #3 of 4 (699 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] ... Time for thought [In reply to] Can't Post

... you are doing great ... Sparkle is a lucky doggie ... Smile

kesuke
Doggyman

Sep 19, 2003, 6:56 AM

Post #4 of 4 (685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] ... Time for thought [In reply to] Can't Post

yep...feeling guilty.....Frown but will try to change my billy's diet now...

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my