Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Hello everyone!

alicia
Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2002, 8:03 AM

Post #1 of 10 (1824 views)
Shortcut
Hello everyone! Can't Post

Hi, I am new to the forum. I'm so glad we have something like this here in Malaysia. I've been pretty active in forums based in other countries but there's no place like home.

Anyway, I have two dogs. One is a mongrel called Sheeri. Very smart and tough. Beautiful eyes and so patient. The other, Monty is my husband's dog. He is a Maltese and very adorable. Very 'manja' in front of the Daddy.

These two sleep on our bed and go everywhere with us. Well, to as many places as we can take them. We've had several confrontations with irate people on how is isn't decent to take a dog around in Malaysia. What nonsense! We clean up after them every time and they are so polite. Much better than many of the children I see running round.

It's my pet mission to create more dog-friendly places, especially off-leash parks and doggy swimming pools.

boon
Doggyman

Sep 13, 2002, 4:57 PM

Post #2 of 10 (1816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicia] Hello everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Alicia,

Welcome aboard !!! By the way, where are you right now ? In Malaysia ? Nope :)

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

TohCS
Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2002, 6:31 PM

Post #3 of 10 (1808 views)
Shortcut

Welcome Alicia. Great to have another dog lover with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many doggie cheers,

Cheng See
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GIVE A DOG A HOME TODAY
Love all dogs pure or non pure breed - give them hope!
CALL PAWS 03-78461087 to take a dog home.
SPCA - 03-42535179 to give a dog a chance in life.
====================================
My fur kids....
Coco-Mongrel adopted from PAWs
Kiddo-Mongrel a stray that adopted us
Belle-Beagle -the naughty one :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alicia
Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2002, 6:34 PM

Post #4 of 10 (1807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Hello everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am in Malaysia. Have been here for the past year.

Sly
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

Ausranger
Dog Kichi

Sep 13, 2002, 6:35 PM

Post #5 of 10 (1807 views)
Shortcut

Hello Alicia

Welcome to the forum. I too am a new user, arriving in the country with my two dogs I brought from Australia.

I wish I could say my babies were nice and polite, but they aren't. They react terribly to other dogs and cats, but are generally fine with people.

I too was surprised to find the reaction to our dogs, it wasn't something I expected, but it's been explained to me as a religious thing, so guess we just have to be sensitive to other people's beliefs. While I have had people scream hysterically to see me in the lift with my two dogs, I've not had any abuse, so guess I'm lucky so far.

Dorothy

wkser
ALPHA

Sep 13, 2002, 6:38 PM

Post #6 of 10 (1804 views)
Shortcut

hi alicia,
welcome to the forum...selamat datang....

regards
kangser and nous

alicia
Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2002, 6:44 PM

Post #7 of 10 (1802 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ausranger] Hello everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, may I know why you had your dog's in a lift?

re: religious thing. Muslims are not supposed to touch a dog when it is wet or come into contact with any bodily fluids, saliva included. This specific prohibition, in Malaysia, has become a generalised dislike (to put it mildly) of dogs. However, this is not true of all Muslims. I have a few friends and acquaintances who like and evern adore my two. They are just very careful where they put their hands.
Alicia Ling Horsley

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

Ausranger
Dog Kichi

Sep 13, 2002, 9:49 PM

Post #8 of 10 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alicia

Thanks for the information .. I didn't know that!

The dogs travel up and down in the lift as we live in a 12th floor condo and I'm not about to climb all those stairs. When I was looking to rent I only found two condos in this area that were prepared to let me keep my dogs and I've got a clause in the lease that says I can break the lease if I'm asked to leave because of the dogs, but so far only one complaint, which has been dealt with ok. It's always a little tense whenever I take them out as I never know who will want to share a lift with us and how they will react, something I wasn't expecting to deal with when I decided on the condo rental.

Dorothy

alicia
Enthusiast

Sep 14, 2002, 1:28 AM

Post #9 of 10 (1780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ausranger] Hello everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

you are very lucky to have found a place where it's ok to have the dogs. we would've liked to stay in a condo too but were unable to find anything in our area. anyway, don't worry about the others. when they come to realise that your dogs pose no real threat, they should come round. think of your dogs as ambassadors Wink. good luck.
Alicia Ling Horsley

les
K9 Maniac

Sep 14, 2002, 4:20 AM

Post #10 of 10 (1772 views)
Shortcut

Hello Alicia,

Glad to have u to join us in the BIG family.. Welcome!!

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my