Bringing my dog back from Australia

jycy
Novice

Sep 14, 2003, 11:12 PM

Post #1 of 12 (4753 views)
Shortcut
Bringing my dog back from Australia Can't Post

Hi,

Could someone please tell me what are the steps I need to take in order to bring my dog back. It's a silky terrier, but it does not have a cert as I bought it directly from someone. And also, roughly how much will it cost to bring it back? I heard that it would cost about AUD$800 to bring the dog back to Malaysia. Thanks!!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 15, 2003, 1:03 AM

Post #2 of 12 (4744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jycy] Bringing my dog back from Australia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

I'm not sure how much it'll cost

but i heard that they charge as cargo..abt RM 25.00 per kgCrazy

not sure though...

here's a couple of sites that migh help u

http://agrolink.moa.my/...t/pet-imp/index.html

http://www.affa.gov.au/index.cfm

hope it helpsSmile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

K9Angel
Novice

Sep 16, 2003, 12:24 AM

Post #3 of 12 (4733 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I brought my little doggie back from Australia in 1998. Perhaps I can give you some info. Smile

Firstly, you call up the airline (try Qantas airline) & ask for the pet "air freight" service & they will normally give you their agent who does all the animal air freight. If I am not mistaken, the agent is called JetPet or something like that. I need to go home & dig out the animal air freight agent for you. The agent will guide you through the process.

2ndly, you need to get your dog checked up by a vet to certify he/she is healthy & has the vacination done. Is your dog below 1 yr old? I think the vet department in the immigration won't allow dogs below 1 yr old to travel by plane b'cos I think it's for health reason. You gotta ask the air freight agent.

3rdly, you need somebody in Malaysia to obtain an import permit so that your "good" can enter Malaysia. I also need to check which department in Malaysia you need to buy the permit.

Since you have no certificate, I'm not sure this is one of the requirement or not. I got my dog in a pet shop so I have proof of purchase in Australia. Oh yes, the fees I paid for the air-ticket & the air freight service charges etc. was about AUD 500. The cost depends on the size of the dog. One good news is that no quarantine is required for doggie coming into Malaysia from Australia. So, you can immediately bring your dog back home once the cargo arrives Malaysia. Airport charges fee for quarantine on a daily basis.

It has been 5 yrs since I brought my dog back, I can only tell you briefly how to bring your dog back. You have to do your homework first & ask lots of lots of questions. Get your documents done properly & you have no problems bringing your dog back.

Good luck! Smile Cheers, K9Angel

shih_huahua
Novice

Sep 16, 2003, 3:59 PM

Post #4 of 12 (4728 views)
Shortcut

hi jycy,

i brought my doggie back 2 yrs ago from sydney.

i tink the cheapest doggie cargo around is jetpets, and they haf excellent service, pls check the yellow pages for their number.

my doggie (4-5 kgs) cost bout aud600 to fly cargo home... and the cost varies according to the size of the dog, as they charge u for the pet carrier too.

hope it helps! Crazy

Code

jycy
Novice

Sep 17, 2003, 5:09 AM

Post #5 of 12 (4715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shih_huahua] Bringing my dog back from Australia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

Thank you so much for the information. I got a quote from JetPets, and they quoted me AUD$1150. So expensive! However, today I saw this advertisement on the notice board and I called the guy, he is charging me $560 to bring my dog back, he will do all the documentations as well as the crate. Cheap right? but dont know safe or not...cos its not a company... hehe anyway, thanks alot! Hope I get to bring the doggie back!! see you Smile

--Jane

shih_huahua
Novice

Sep 17, 2003, 7:30 AM

Post #6 of 12 (4711 views)
Shortcut

heehee.. so expensive?? ur doggie must be kinda big, wut breed is he/she? my fren paid bout aud1000 to bring her shar pei back. but they take really good care of the dogs, so its good.

also, to bring the doggie into msia, u will need an import permit. i tink it costs rm5. u haf to contact the agricultural dept if i'm not mistaken.

oh, before my doggie boarded the plane, she was asked to fast for 12 hrs, so that they will not do their business / dirty themselves.

hope that helps! Blush -mj-

PigLet
Novice

Oct 2, 2003, 11:01 AM

Post #7 of 12 (4683 views)
Shortcut

Hello Jane,

I am also looking for an agent to send my puppy back to malaysia. I've called most of the agent and the cheapest I can get is around $750 from Dogtainers. $560?!?!!?! That's a cool price. If it is possible, can you share with me that guy's number please? Hehehehe.. Laugh

Cheers! Smile

kanch

Oct 4, 2003, 12:31 AM

Post #8 of 12 (4676 views)
Shortcut

hey jycy,

$560?? wow thats pretty cheap. i got a quote of $935 AUD. Mind to share this guy's contact? Btw, which notice board did you find him on?

Kanch

jycy
Novice

Oct 4, 2003, 1:26 AM

Post #9 of 12 (4671 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kanch] Bringing my dog back from Australia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the normal price is actually AUD$800, but he gives 30% off if you are a student. Also, I am not too sure if he operates outside Perth. Anyhow, I have emailed him to check if he does provide this service throughout Australia.

Here are his contacts:

Alan Cheow

altrevpets@iinet.net.au

0411 838 881

9310 2670

I reckon its a good deal. AUD$560 includes everything. He does the documentations and vet check etc, the crate is also included in that price. Good luck :)

-- Jane

jycy
Novice

Oct 4, 2003, 6:04 AM

Post #10 of 12 (4668 views)
Shortcut

Hello again,

Sorry, but he only offers this service in Perth.

-- Jane

PigLet
Novice

Oct 4, 2003, 11:33 PM

Post #11 of 12 (4662 views)
Shortcut

Hello Jane,

Thankz heaps for that information!! Smile In that case, I'll send my puppy back through JetPets. It's the cheapest I can find after calling all the agents!!!

Cheers Laugh

TTY
Novice

Mar 29, 2008, 9:01 AM

Post #12 of 12 (4058 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PigLet] Bringing my dog back from Australia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi pple,

i am experiencing the same problem as i am importing a golden retriever from sydney.

Can anyone share their experiences with me? As in what do i need to do at KLIA?

I have my Import permit already. I am using dogtainers

PLease help!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my