Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
i am your puppy

kesuke
Doggyman

Sep 14, 2003, 7:49 AM

Post #1 of 24 (2764 views)
Shortcut
i am your puppy Can't Post

just thought that 'potential dog owners' would have an idea on how getting a new pup would be like..Smile

http://www.dollsndreams.com/tiffanipoem.html (from tami's website)

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 16, 2003, 8:45 PM

Post #2 of 24 (2748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] i am your puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

getting a new pup is always cute and adorable but its when after the grows up that's where the problem starts...

I know someone who likes puppies... recently she took in a minpin pup to care but she told me she will give the pup to me after the ear turn pointy (as she don't like pointy ear dog) the pup is a minpin and now she ! its in their genes to have pointy ears ! Gosh !

cheers,
minglmy

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 17, 2003, 11:41 AM

Post #3 of 24 (2736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] i am your puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

i cannot imagine that ppl will give away pups just because she doesn't like dogs with pointy ears - if that's the case why keep the pup in the first place. how irresponsible >:(

however, i do feel that getting a pup is cute but already is the point where a problem starts - this here is the critical point where we need to be firm and shape the dog's behaviour when it grows up next time.

often i do feel that taking care of a well behaved dog is easier than a young pup :/ especially when the understanding btwn dog owner begin to exist... that's when the fun of keeping a dog really starts.

regards,
hunter

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 18, 2003, 7:09 AM

Post #4 of 24 (2723 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

Ming yang...u should educate ur friend.....i know of ppl that does not like the shih tzu coz she has grown n her hair is long n hard to maintain.....u knowlah....they look cute when they r pups n the bf does not know the dog neither does the gf n buy n later sell tehm of give away.....Madpoor little pups being pushed like a toyFrown

kesuke
Doggyman

Sep 19, 2003, 5:54 AM

Post #5 of 24 (2718 views)
Shortcut

gawwdd...your friend should be able to tell if the puppy has pointy ears or not...but how could she do that??!! just becoz the pup has pointy ears and "she doesn't like it" and she's giving the pup away??!!! man...that's damn irresponsible!
you should print this article for your friend to see....seriously!

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 19, 2003, 8:40 AM

Post #6 of 24 (2716 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] i am your puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Li Ping,

I totally agrees with you ! she actually wanted a pup and if possible white fur. But someone wanted to give the minpin to her (black n tan) and she just took it coz she likes puppies.... UnsureMadCrazy and she says.... "if the ear goes pointy then only I give the dog to away lor" and I was thinking " what kind of lame reason is that ?" how selfish some people can get huh....

Terry even told her... " you might as well keep the pup since you have already took it" oh well... the is dog owners and other dog owners.

cheers,
minglmy

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 19, 2003, 8:42 AM

Post #7 of 24 (2715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] i am your puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

she is my bf's staff lar.... not for me to educate if she does not even want to learn rite ? Anyway... u got all sort of funny people around lar.. I also dunno wat to say liao !

cheers,
minglmy

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 19, 2003, 8:45 AM

Post #8 of 24 (2713 views)
Shortcut

she knows coz she owned a minpin before Crazy well, you just get all sort of irresponsible and selfish owners out there MadMadUnsureCrazy poor doggie... but I hope that she will eventually fall in love with the cute lil pup and keep it lor (lets pray ok) Smile

cheers,
minglmy

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 19, 2003, 9:56 AM

Post #9 of 24 (2709 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

Funny ppl are around everywhere.......not funny but irresponsible...i've even known ppl ho sold their dog coz owe ppl money in football betting.....she should at least have known that pinchers have pointy ears...what a ridiculous ides or excuse for dumping a dog...

I believe in future ther r many pedigree dogs being dumped just bcoz they stop liking their dogs or fed up with them or move to condos....i really hate ppl like this coz they neber THINK b4 they ACTMad pity those pups nia...anyone has adopted the poor min pin?Unsure

kesuke
Doggyman

Sep 20, 2003, 7:40 AM

Post #10 of 24 (2700 views)
Shortcut

yep...only way just to pray she'll keep the pup eventually.....
really funny ppl we get.....CrazyUnsurePirate

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 20, 2003, 8:30 AM

Post #11 of 24 (2699 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

She knows about pincher have pointy ears (but I think she secretly hopes that the ear will not go up) some pincher does have droopy ears. She have just gotten the pup not too long ago if I'm not mistaken abt 2 weeks back maybe. Don't worry if no one wants the minpin I'll give him/her a home then. :)

cheers,
minglmy

snoopdog
K9 Kaki

Sep 24, 2003, 1:40 AM

Post #12 of 24 (2688 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
she knows coz she owned a minpin before Crazy well, you just get all sort of irresponsible and selfish owners out there MadMadUnsureCrazy poor doggie... but I hope that she will eventually fall in love with the cute lil pup and keep it lor (lets pray ok) Smile

UnsureYour bf workmate is really a sad case of a person. Lets give her a chance, and hopefully she'll decide to keep the puppy. My mom hates and frightfully afraid of dogs because she was bitten by one when she was young. After I got Dome, I did not tell my mom about it. I hid this news from her for a month. And then came the day my parents came down to KL. I was so 'kan cheong' that my mom would not like Dome. Anyway, my mom fell in love with Dome straight away. So I hope this will be your friends case.

Ciao
Angeline + Maximus & Dome(miss u!)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 24, 2003, 3:54 AM

Post #13 of 24 (2687 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snoopdog] i am your puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm praying that will be the case too.... :) sometimes miracle does happen and I'm hoping to see one in this case

cheers,
minglmy

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 24, 2003, 7:49 AM

Post #14 of 24 (2684 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

Ming yang, u really very kind heartedlah.....but i hope she'll not only not dump the pup but love the mini pin tooSmile

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 24, 2003, 9:29 PM

Post #15 of 24 (2676 views)
Shortcut

another wish i have is for the furkid to have a droopy ear ! so solve all the problem lor... hehehehe

me not kind hearted lar.... paiseh man.

cheers,
minglmy

BaoBao
Enthusiast

Sep 25, 2003, 4:52 AM

Post #16 of 24 (2668 views)
Shortcut

hi, mingyang...
wow... then u going to keep 3 min. pin. ???

aiyooo...then next time my summer can't stay in ur place...*sob* *sob*
.(hahahhahaa.... just joking..... FYI, summer is being banished to the 'cold palacce' after the show )

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 25, 2003, 5:05 AM

Post #17 of 24 (2667 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BaoBao] i am your puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

hahahaha, i hope the owner will keep the puppy lor... The poor thing if only the owner dun wan then I take care lar... if not let the owner simply throw the pup somewhere meh ?

oh well, next time still can jaga summer one... she put one paw on each of the minpin then done oledi lor Tongue hahahaha.

Eh why lar put summer in cold palace ? poor her also lar. She got so scared in the ring ler.

cheers,
minglmy

nisha_d
Novice

Sep 26, 2003, 10:31 PM

Post #18 of 24 (2651 views)
Shortcut

hie...........its really nice to spend time here wit people who loves dog.i had almost 5 dog at my granmom's house...i was only 8 at tat time....i don care wht breed is the dog is ...i just take care of them a lot.......the worst is when after i shift to my house after few months my granmom's dog harrry(his name) died.....i felt so bad crying all day long......n u know when he is not feeling well i just sit next to him just sayang him..i was 10 at tat time.but now im 22 its time to get one......not bcoz they r pups i m getting them i need a fren to share my feeling wit! sometimes dogs understand humans feeling better than human does.....wht u say?ne way where does u people shop.........i planing to get shih tzu.....but my brother say tht westis is kinda cute..........another thing is im staying in a flats.......n most of them here is malays.......im just worry bout tht n plus there is a mosque behind of my flats............is shih tzu is smaller then westie or the other way round.............n also i need to know where can i get pups......n which vet me to take him for a jab..........?

dog's lover

me

kesuke
Doggyman

Sep 27, 2003, 6:20 PM

Post #19 of 24 (2645 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nisha_d] i am your puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there..
yeah.this is a great place for all dog lovers..we all share the same interest Smile
wow..you had 5 dogs before? cool! since it's such a long long time since you had any dogs, it's about time you get one yourself. and i do agree..sometimes dogs understand us better...with just a lick and they'll brighten up your day anytime..Smile
for me, i got my billy from my brother's friend..sorta like adopted him. i would suggest that you get your dog from a reputable breeder instead of a petshop. you can ask around for any breeder's contact, be it shih tzu or westie...any breed.
well, it depends on which breed you like. it's you who's gonna take care of your dog, not your bro...unless your bro is gonna help you. so get a dog you like. every breed is cute to those who like them. do consider a small dog, preferably toy breed..and one that does not bark too much or demand too much attention. you don't want your malay neighbors to complain..!! i think a shih tzu (standard size) should be a bit smaller than a westie..but both breed requires lots of brushing..unless you wanna clip your shih tzu's hair short. or maybe you could consider a toy breed with short hair..eg. pug, min pin.. a pom is nice also..
good luck in finding your perfect pup..Wink
where are you from? if you're from penang, maybe we penang lang can give you some tips on where to get the pups and which vet to take your pup to..Laugh

nisha_d
Novice

Sep 27, 2003, 6:45 PM

Post #20 of 24 (2644 views)
Shortcut

hey thz for the opinion dear........hmm i think im goin for shih tzu.......penang is very far.......im staying in gombak.....i still finding out where to take my pup for grooming u knowla after i get him then wanna go here n there will b tiring so just wanna get prepared.....tell me bout ur baby...wht breed is he/she.......name?can u give me the breeders address in penang.....i just dun wanna buy in pet shop it really sound very bad i wanna a good breeder.......can u tell me bout ur baby more im dying to hear from u again...........Shockedmuah to ur baby....hehehe!!

dogs lover

just me!Wink

kesuke
Doggyman

Sep 27, 2003, 7:50 PM

Post #21 of 24 (2641 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nisha_d] i am your puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there Wink
so you've decided to keep a shih tzu? good for ya...though personally i prefer a much larger breed..Laugh
for grooming shops, i think you should check out the 'dog grooming' section if you haven't done so..then members from the same area would be able to tell you which shop is better..
my baby is called billy..he's a golden..already 2 yrs 6 mths old. sad to say he's not properly trained so i'm starting him on clicker training next week. hopefully he can learn the basic commands by then. i got him from my bro's friend who went to kl and couldn't take billy with him. he has quite a handsome face but is having some skin problems right now..Frown so 'sim tia' lah...and dunno what to do.. Unsure
anyway what else do you wanna know about billy? hehe...
as for breeders, i'm sorry that i can't help you coz i don't know myself. i do remember reading about them in this forum. check out the 'dogs & puppies for sale - local' thread...there're some shih tzus for sale..

nathalie
Doggyman

Sep 28, 2003, 9:31 AM

Post #22 of 24 (2636 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

Actually if u adopt the dog she'll have better lifelor...got confidence with u coz scared she'll not like the dog even have droppy ears....owners who like the dog for his beauty r not usually a good owner instead a owner who thinks that her dog is beautiful although others don't think so make a better ownerSmile

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 28, 2003, 9:50 AM

Post #23 of 24 (2635 views)
Shortcut

oh well.... then i guess we'll leave it to fate lor... if the dog is fated to be with me, it will. (not that I mind it)

cheers,
minglmy

nathalie
Doggyman

Oct 2, 2003, 8:23 AM

Post #24 of 24 (2615 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi,

Let's wait n see.....CheersSmile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my