Dogs-Our Best Friend...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Sep 12, 2003, 7:05 PM

Post #1 of 193 (3995 views)
Shortcut
Dogs-Our Best Friend... Can't Post

I have Salsa with me for over 2.5 years now.. and she has been adorable. A lot of people thinks that she may not be a pure breed just because she doesn't have a cert to show... the point is... does it matter?

She has always been there for me...

When I got angry with her for being too attached to the maid, she would come back to me to reassure me that she loves me;

When I felt sad and would just sit by the corner of my room to cry, she would come to me to lick me on my face, as if to tell me, "it's ok, I am here with you...";

When I fix my jig saw puzzle in the hall, she would patiently sit beside me, to watch me find the right piece to fit, to keep me company;

When I get home after a long day, she would be the first to greet me at the door, and to lick me all over my face, as if she had not seen me in so many many years...;

When I am tired and exhausted, and just lay on my bed to sleep, she would accompany me to sleep, right next to my bed;

Even when I go to the toilet, she would follow me in, wait for me to finish and walk out of the toilet with me...

There are so much more I wish I could express and share... but all in all, owners who love their dogs would know what I feel...

Share with me? How your doggies have proved themselves to be of better company than a friend?
Papasan, Mamasan, Jerry, Salsa, Samseng & Junior

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 12, 2003, 7:19 PM

Post #2 of 193 (3991 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gwinn] Dogs-Our Best Friend... [In reply to] Can't Post

If Richie was still with me now I would have had him for 4 years 8 months now. Unfortuntately he's out there somewhere and I don't know where.

Sparkle has been living with us for 6 months now.

Both my babies have brought so much joy to my life... it's more than just friendship with them. Can't explain. But I think all doggie owners can feel it..

When I get angry at them for being naughty they would take the scoldings with their heads hanging. Moments later they come to say sorry....trying to make me love them again.

When I'm crying they would know I'm sad. They would just sit around making themselves available for me to hug and cry. And they will lick me as if to tell me I still have them

When they are out playing, I feel so much pride and joy when I see them running back to me when I call out. Wow...they used to be such little babies and now they have grown..

When I'm getting dressed they would just sit patiently and wait. Always wagging their tail to approve of what I'm wearing and making me feel great walking out

When I'm going to work they would walk me to the gate and sit there and watch till my car is out of sight

When I get back from work they are the first one to greet me and bark and jump excitedly and will shower me with all the doggie licks

When I watch TV alone they are always there to lie down beside me

When I'm tired and they want to play they seem to understand and will just settle down with lying down near me. And then disturb me again when they think I've rested enough

You're right Gerry...there's just too much to type.

I never really thought of all these until I lost Richie. For so many nights before I went to bed I'll re-run all the memories I have with him, remembering his smell, his bark, his whine...his eyes. That's when I think about all the things he's done for me and how I wished I had appreciated him more when he was still around.

Which is why Sparkle is a lot luckier. I'm giving him everything I can especially what I didn't manage to give to Richie....

So for those who have their doggies with them, cherish the moments!!

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Sep 12, 2003, 8:23 PM

Post #3 of 193 (3986 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Dogs-Our Best Friend... [In reply to] Can't Post

Michelle.. was close to tears twice today...

once was when i typed this post... just feel so touched that I have Salsa by my side, especially now, during some difficult periods...

and the second time when I read yours... feel so fortunate to know that there are doggie owners who feel as deeply as I do...

Let's always cherish and love our babies... they do deserve the best...

drew
ALPHA

Sep 22, 2003, 6:47 PM

Post #4 of 193 (3958 views)
Shortcut

when i got my first bitch, Snoopy. she gave joy to my life as if i did not have any joy and happiness in my life at all. she's this cute looking lady like of dog. when i'm angry with her of too attached with my mum and sis and called her name, she will quickly run back to me and sit beside me.

then i play with her, she will try her best not to harm me by not biting too hard or try not to step on me with her fat legs... Tongue when my the other dog tries to come near to me and play with me she will be jealous and will always push the other dogs away and stand right in front of me and make sure i'll be playing with her.

when i cried in my room last time, although she can't jump onto my bed but still she will stand up with 2 paws on my bed to make sure i'm not doing something stupid and when i carry her up to the bed she will lick me and then will sit right beside me till i finish.

when i realised she got distemper, i was sad and she tried her best to make me not to feel sad and tried her best to fight with the virus and overcome everything. when she has her fits or something she always try to do it at night when everyone's sleeping that she hopes that we won't be so worried about her.

at last we got her cured, but ended p with a limping leg, so what? i still like her... then someone came and stole her away ... then someone can actually tied her up and put her in a box and left her under a telephone booth. luckily some kind hearted guy walked pass and took her to SPCA and a guy adopted her but later was put down to sleep ....Frown

whatever it is, i still hope snoopy knows i really love her and i hope she's enjoying up there ...

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Sep 22, 2003, 7:30 PM

Post #5 of 193 (3956 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drew] Dogs-Our Best Friend... [In reply to] Can't Post

Drew, I am curious!! How did you know that the person picked her up at a telephone booth and sent her to SPCA??? How did you know that she was yours and how did that news come to you?? You have sixth sense???? ShockedTongueWink

Elly
ALPHA

Sep 22, 2003, 8:36 PM

Post #6 of 193 (3953 views)
Shortcut

Tell me about my dogs...hmm....

I got my first dog when I was 21. A gift from Adrian, an English Cocker Spaniel, Elmo. Lovely boy but after that I got too many dogs..he got jealous and went mad...so we gave him away to a good home. Now Elmo is the king of the house. Wink

I remembered once I got a dalmation, Pongo. He is such a darling. Very protective and very very attached to me. But I've lost him and that time I was like crying the hell of me, still couldnt find. And for that, Adrian got me a Dane, LADY. Crazy

Lady is a cool dog. I remembered the first day that I got her back, was so happy to have her and both of us didnt want to go out and eat coz didnt want to leave the fella at home alone. But Adrian said somehow rather we got to leave her at home when we r working next time (* that time me still student). So, ok. We went out...then got back in an hour time. Lady is still sleeping at the same position, same place. Angelic

Life goes well with Lady until Adrian got me another dog, basset hound, my Sasha. Sasha is a naughty dog but adorable. Sometimes u really feel like slapping her...but then after looking at her pity face, u wont have the heart to do so.

The two gets along pretty well. Of course once a while fight lah.Crazy

Whenever I'm not happy or whatsoever (* me always happy one lah), they will stay with the daddy as they know, if anything goes wrong, sure they kena whack one. Laugh

Both of them sleep with me. Sasha follows everywhere I go. When I sleep on the bed, she'll go sleep on her mattress. Lady the same also. If happen middle of the night got funny sound............... the 2 will still be sleeping like a pig!Pirate If I scared or something...I have to "OOiii" the both up. But after a while, they will sleep back also.

Whenever I pangsai, the two will lay on the toilet floor and wait for me. After finish doing my business. The two already fall asleep....Crazy have to wake them up or else they will continue sleeping in the toilet.

TV time, Lady got one sofa to herself and Sasha will sit with me...and both of them will.......SLEEP! until the show finishes, I have to wake them up to go upstairs and ...yeah sleep again. Unsure

Makan time, human makan time I mean. the big tall one will sit patiently and wait..without blinking of her eyes ok? the short fat one will sitting underneath the table and wait. After clearing all the stuff....both of them will run to the rubbish bin. Then can hear Adrian at the hall shouting :" you two f***ing ass, stop digging the rubbish!"Crazy

My life with them is always cool.Cool Never ending stupid stunt they do everyday to make me laugh.Laugh

Eventhough they are not as smart as Ah SO, but by looking at them and the things they do, enuff to make me laugh the whole day. Angelic

okkkkkkk.....the big one got to pee now...talk to ya later lah!~Smile

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Sep 22, 2003, 10:40 PM

Post #7 of 193 (3945 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Elly] Dogs-Our Best Friend... [In reply to] Can't Post

hahahaha.. finally got people layan already... Tongue

you sound like a big mama to the both of them, and it's like you are more to protecting them than they are to you!! Slybut yes.. they are adorable...

Ah So arr... becoming pampered liao larr Mad

drew
ALPHA

Sep 23, 2003, 1:22 AM

Post #8 of 193 (3935 views)
Shortcut

because someone adopted her ... and then he found the flyers we were distributing then he emailed us a pic of her and it looks exactly the same ... and he told us what happened to snoopy at that time ...

paulynn
ALPHA

Sep 23, 2003, 1:39 AM

Post #9 of 193 (3933 views)
Shortcut

Lucky you.At least someone found snoopy though she's gone.Luckily she had a good owner like you.hugs.Angelic

paulynn
ALPHA

Sep 23, 2003, 2:02 AM

Post #10 of 193 (3931 views)
Shortcut

AngelicAh i'll never get bored typing this story over and over again but here goes but you guys don't get mad at the first 3 episode ah..i very "cheong hei"but i somehow have to let u all know how i managed to get a dog mah right?

Episode 1:

Pau-Lynn(ME LA)was only a little girl when she fell in love with dogs.When how why she don't know.Maybe it's because of their cute faces.All her life, she's always begging and wishing that she has a dog but her parents forbade(you see,my mom got chased by a GSD when she was young.Dad:BITTEN) and both are doggyphobia.She even wrote to Disney Buzz once to the "Wishing Well" in hope that she gets a dog from there but no replies from them.Santa Claus didn't help her either.So she waited till ....

Episode 2:

PL was already 15 years old AND STILL DAMNIT SHE HASN'T GOT ANY.All the years of begging and whinning didn't help one bit till one day after her grandpa's cremation pl and her family came back home and was shock to see that their house was robbed.Almost 3/4 of fortune gone.Pl thought it'd change their mind of getting a dog since not only the dog will help guard the house but also give PL all the attention and TLC she longs for from a dog.Unfortunately they (mummy and daddy la,stubborn ppl) ignored her plead and TRUE FACTS & BENEFITS of getting a dog.Don't know whether to thank those stupid fellas or not but next year...

Episode3:

2 years passed and still poor little PL can't get her wish come true till one day when she came back from school, her daddy told her that the house was robbed once again.And thank goddness he finally agreed on getting a dog for the family for protection and to add another member to the family tree Tongue.So Pl suggested that they go to SPCA to adopt one.Dad fell in love with little Nash(1 yr old that time) for that he was the quiet one among the other dogs that are sharing the same cage as him and that he look so..FOXY(A Fox X GSD).Eventually Nash became a part of the family and got adopted immediately for Rm100.Nash was quiet at first.Didn't eat any food for the first two days and oh my.....

Episode4(finale ppl don't worry Tongue"

Now not only Nash sleeps outside but ALSO PL's BED.(Though it's against the house rule but who cares?!I love him till death!)He's now a very healty and greedy boy.Loves running the garden and having his tummy rubbed.But PL was still unsatisfied.She yearns for another one.She originally wanted a toydog untill someone from the forum posted a puppy for adoption.She check through with the lady and finally decided that she'd like to keep little Josie for Josie lead a dreadful life before she was rescued by a good hearted american lady(who's now PL's goodfriend,thanks to Josie).Josie used to be a street dog and the worst part is that she's only a mere 3 months old JRT X.PL felt that she needed to save and give Josie a good home so now Josie is the 2nd dog in the LIM family.She came into the family on 3rd Sept so that will be her birthdate from now on.So's nash.They couldn't find his exact date but he was adopted on 7th April so that'll be his birthdate as well.

Both of are my dogs are mixed breed and both off-the-streets-dog.I never think that i'd be an owner of stray dogs but i guess i was lucky enough to be chosen and adopted by the both of them.Sure enough,Josie is a little devil.Even my friend who found her Olga says the same thing.She's the only dog in the family who broke my dad's red wine and DRANK some...but Nash and Josie both mark their paws at dad's garden:Both messed his garden crazily.they're both totally different.The male's a quiet manja dog the female's a GREMLIN Tongue She's ROUGH,Hyper-active(can't blame for she's only a pup),Twinkles all the time and the list goes on...But both gave the best to me and i'll never ever think of giving them up!Angelic

The End.So whoever whowants to bash me up now can do so for my story's so cheong hei.Tongue

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 23, 2003, 9:59 AM

Post #11 of 193 (3919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] Dogs-Our Best Friend... [In reply to] Can't Post

lol, what a nice juicy piece of story :)

your episode 1 is somewhat similar with my episode 1.. i wanted a dog since i was 8, but only got my first dog (hunter) when i'm 18. 10 solid years i waited. got insane and had to resort to keeping tamagochi and imaginary doggies (*psst : i named him spike...). come to think about it, i was really insane :/ my parents didn't want to keep a dog simply because they think that our house is too small for one, only got Hunter when we moved couple of yrs ago.

anyway, am glad that your wish came thru finally, and u even have more than 1 dog to give all the TLC now. i really know how u feel.

regards,
hunter

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Sep 23, 2003, 4:57 PM

Post #12 of 193 (3917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] Dogs-Our Best Friend... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Paulynn,

What an interesting story!!! no lar.. not cheong hei.. and I believe a lot of people in the forum has got similar stories as well!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

I don't think it really matters anyway whether they are off the streets dogs... because ultimately, when they come into your life, they become YOUR dogs... Smile

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Sep 23, 2003, 5:06 PM

Post #13 of 193 (3915 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Dogs-Our Best Friend... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Hunter,

thanks for sharing with us your story too! Smile

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 23, 2003, 6:37 PM

Post #14 of 193 (3911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter, paulynn] Dogs-Our Best Friend... [In reply to] Can't Post

*Awwwh* ... great stories ... SmileSmileSmile...

***Li Ping: I think your mom enjoys having Hunter around almost as much as you do ... Smile ...

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 23, 2003, 6:45 PM

Post #15 of 193 (3910 views)
Shortcut

hi li ping,

I wanted a dog ever since I was a kid. Like you, i didn't get one till I was 18. Actually my parents still didn't allow dogs but I brought Richie back anyway. As a puppy he looked like a little white bear. Initially for the first few days my parents were FURIOUS and refused to even look at the pup.

Hehe but after one week ah......my mum was talking baby talk with RIchie and my dad was rubbing his belly liao!! ahahah no turning back for both of them~!! Luckily Richie knows how to 'tham' them la....smart also...Tongue

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 23, 2003, 6:52 PM

Post #16 of 193 (3907 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Dogs-Our Best Friend... [In reply to] Can't Post

lol, she does enjoys having hunter... in fact i'm beginning to get jealous over how good she treats him more than myself :/

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 23, 2003, 6:55 PM

Post #17 of 193 (3907 views)
Shortcut

wah, good plan... bring back first and keep the dog anyway :)) i should've thought of this when i was eight >:(

it's the same here, lol, now my dad also talking with hunter as they thinks he's the most obedience boy :p

hunter is very smart at polishing shoes... when dad is watching his fishes in the fish tank, he would sit next to my dad and face the aquarium as well (though he has not even the slightest interest in fishes!)

regards,
hunter

Kowie
ALPHA

Sep 23, 2003, 10:30 PM

Post #18 of 193 (3899 views)
Shortcut

Ah Kow was a gift to sister from her boyfriend. As my dad does not allow dogs in the house she had to stay with the boyfriend. So when both of them went off to Australia to study they left Ah Kow with his family. She was left tied to the grill outside the house. You can imagine lah how gross.. Shit, eat, pee and sleep also all in the same area. Crazy

With permission from my sis and her boyfriend, I 'dognapped' Ah Kow from his house. WinkSmile She was a walking tick circus. CrazyUnsure Vincent and I took her back to Subang. She was very excited when we reached my place, she ran all over the house and was in a sniffing frenzy! Smile We've had our bad times (which is everytime she goes in the house!Mad) and plenty good times.Smile

Even if it can get quite troublesome (like hiding her from my dad when he comes to visitAngelic) I'm so grateful to have her. She's always been there for me when I have a good cry, she snuggles up to me in bed, gives me lots of kisses, never talks back Wink and is always happy to see me home. What more can I ask for? SmileSmile

Now with the new addition in the 'family', Whitie (still haven't found a suitable nameUnsure) I'm sure there'll be lots more entertaining "stunts" from the two! Plus her face never fails to make me smile (Elly would know why Tongue)!! Totally agree that dogs can be better company then friends!! Smile

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

drew
ALPHA

Sep 23, 2003, 11:32 PM

Post #19 of 193 (3891 views)
Shortcut

no one layan me now ~ TongueAngelic

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Sep 23, 2003, 11:33 PM

Post #20 of 193 (3890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowie] Dogs-Our Best Friend... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hilda, thanks for sharing with us your little story and thank you so much for layaning my post.. hahahahhaWinkLaughSlyTongue

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Sep 23, 2003, 11:34 PM

Post #21 of 193 (3889 views)
Shortcut

Baby drew.. who don't layan you lar??

Kowie
ALPHA

Sep 23, 2003, 11:43 PM

Post #22 of 193 (3887 views)
Shortcut

Hahaha!!! Of course must layan what... Tongue But sorry didn't layan earlier lah.. Smile

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

drew
ALPHA

Sep 23, 2003, 11:53 PM

Post #23 of 193 (3885 views)
Shortcut

now all layan u liao ~ kekekkeee, happy leh ....

and no one layan me liao

muahahhahahhaa

i'm here to fight for attention ~ TongueWink

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 24, 2003, 12:03 AM

Post #24 of 193 (3884 views)
Shortcut

guys are very good when it comes to polishing shoes wan la....Sparkle gets away with chewing up shoes and plants with just a scolding. When he was a pup he also gets away with pooing and peeing everywhere......

My dad complains that the dog gets more attention and TLC than he does in the house. CrazyLaughLaugh

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 24, 2003, 3:47 AM

Post #25 of 193 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Tongue baby drew...if ur a baby? what am i arh...?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my