IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
The four types of dog vomit and their definitions:

lisachew

Sep 10, 2002, 8:08 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2450 views)
Shortcut
The four types of dog vomit and their definitions: Can't Post

Yellow urka-gurkas: Dog runs around the house and hides under furniture while making a prolonged "uurka-guurka, uurka-guurka" noise (the only noise guaranteed to wake up a dog lover who is hung over from a 3:30am post-dog-show celebration). After a mad scramble to capture the dog and drag him outside, the episode ends with an indelible line of slimy yellow froth from the living room rug to the back door.

Blap disease: Dog exercises hard and a) eats large mouthfuls of snow (winter blap disease) or b) drinks a bucket of water (summer blap disease). Within two minutes of returning inside, the dog spews out large amounts of clear, slimy liquid, making a distinctive "blap" sound and sharp percussive noise as it hits the linoleum.

Garks: Dog suddenly clears his throat with loud and dramatic "gggark, gggark" noises, followed by a prolonges "iiksss" and then loud, satisfied smacking noises. There is nothing on the rug. Don't investigate, you don't want to know.

Ralfs: The dog strolls into the dining room and waits 'til the innocent dinner guests are all watching him. Then, with a single deep gut-wrenching "raaaallff", disgorges the entire week's contents of his stomach on the rug. Variation: he eats it.

In all of the above events, the dog is entirely healthy and indeed, deeply pleased with himself.
Regards
Lisa

"A dash of lion, several teaspoons of rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of a beggar, a tablespoon of monkey, one part baby seal, and a dash of teddy bear." - shih tzu

arthur
ALPHA

Sep 11, 2002, 6:17 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2442 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lisachew] The four types of dog vomit and their definitions: [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Lisa!

Thks for the very descriptive vomit definations..Gross but accurate!Wink Living with my 3 furkids, I have the honour of experiencing several Yellow urka-gurkas and Ralfs. The above incidents have been traced down to bananas (a big NO-NO!) for my Schnauzers, and in particular, my eldest furkid, Pepper Girl has a sensitive stomach which cannot tolerate oily food. Once we gave a small piece of french toast, no bigger than a stamp. Gulp! it was woofed down...several minutes later..raaaallff! Everything came out!

Okay, enough talk about vomit. THks for sharing this amusing topic!

Rdgs Arthur

lisachew

Sep 11, 2002, 6:43 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2440 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] The four types of dog vomit and their definitions: [In reply to] Can't Post

Hhahaha...Laugh

Glad you found it entertaining. I think this is useful to identify what type of vomit our furkids have.
Regards
Lisa

"A dash of lion, several teaspoons of rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of a beggar, a tablespoon of monkey, one part baby seal, and a dash of teddy bear." - shih tzu

arthur
ALPHA

Sep 11, 2002, 8:31 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2436 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lisachew] The four types of dog vomit and their definitions: [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Lisa,

Yes, I did find it entertaining.. while we are on this gross subject, I recall reading a thread started by Cheng See on embrassing moments with our furkids..the main topic there was farting..Crazy Cant wait to see what else our puppy forum members can think of! Rdgs Arthur

lisachew

Sep 11, 2002, 11:36 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2431 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] The four types of dog vomit and their definitions: [In reply to] Can't Post

hahahah

yeah yeah ....its funny how it leads to the farting section of dogs.

I guess we should change the title to embarassing farting moment from our furkids ..heheheh TongueLaugh
Regards
Lisa

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my