Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
Does any one know the date of the Obedience Test (Basic class)???

khaykhay
Dog Kichi

Sep 12, 2003, 1:25 AM

Post #1 of 10 (1294 views)
Shortcut
Does any one know the date of the Obedience Test (Basic class)??? Can't Post

Hi, my GR & i missed the last training on the 28th, Obedience course under basic class. Does any one know the date of the Obedience Test? Blush So nervous lah...don't know what to do during test....Frown Please help!!

thanks

Celine

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 16, 2003, 10:30 PM

Post #2 of 10 (1276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khaykhay] Does any one know the date of the Obedience Test (Basic class)??? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

this week (21st) no class, exam is on the 27th september (next week) - it's on a saturday.. if u are at 4 pm class come at 4 pm, 5pm class come at 5 pm :)

(This post was edited by hunter on Sep 16, 2003, 10:35 PM)

Terry
K9 Kaki

Sep 17, 2003, 6:14 AM

Post #3 of 10 (1264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khaykhay] Does any one know the date of the Obedience Test (Basic class)??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Blur Blur KhayKhay Tongue

Terry

arthur
ALPHA

Sep 17, 2003, 6:17 AM

Post #4 of 10 (1264 views)
Shortcut

Hi Khaykhay!

Hunter has answered your queries on the test date. However, I need to find out what you mean by Basic class test.. is this the same as the Canine Good Citizen test or CGC test for short?

If it is the CGC test, then the main aim you have to prove during the test is that you can control your doggie. As long as you can demostrate that you are in control and your doggie responds to you, then you will pass the test.

For details on the 10 tests in the CGC exam..pls refer to the website at and click on the Canine Good Citizien link. The information is all there. Hope this helps and all the best!

Rdgs Arthur

strawberry
Novice

Sep 17, 2003, 5:58 PM

Post #5 of 10 (1251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Does any one know the date of the Obedience Test (Basic class)??? [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish to take my shih tzu to training but i don't know much about the procedures with the M.K.A. Is it must register a a M.K.A member onli can join their training class? Plz tell me more about it. Thank you!

arthur
ALPHA

Sep 17, 2003, 7:53 PM

Post #6 of 10 (1246 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawberry] Does any one know the date of the Obedience Test (Basic class)??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Strawberry!

The best place to check is to call up MKA office and ask to talk to the obedience section.

The Malaysian Kennel Association
8A Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad Dua
Taman Tun Dr. Ismail
60000 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

Phone: 603 7729 2027
Fax: 603 7728 2312
Email: mkamalaysia@time.net.my

From my experience, for Obedience courses, you need to sign up as a MKA member and the obedience course fee is RM100 for 10 lessons, conducted normally on Sundays.

For Canine Good Citizen course however, it's a public service by MKA so the rules are more relaxed. MKA members pay only RM20. Non MKA members pay RM50. If you are a non member who happened to adopt a pet from shelters, then you only pay RM30.

All these information is available on the website:

Hope this helps.

Rdgs Arthur

kitten
Dog Kichi

Sep 26, 2003, 7:45 PM

Post #7 of 10 (1218 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Does any one know the date of the Obedience Test (Basic class)??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I was looking for the site. Is it ? there seems to be an error. Can't find the page.

Laura & Babe

jc
Novice

Sep 26, 2003, 9:18 PM

Post #8 of 10 (1214 views)
Shortcut

Can anyone please give me the direction to MKA?
I do know how to get to TTDI but to Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad 2? Nearby... the pasar besar?

arthur
ALPHA

Sep 26, 2003, 11:11 PM

Post #9 of 10 (1211 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitten] Does any one know the date of the Obedience Test (Basic class)??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kitten,

Yup..I checked the website: and got an error message. Later found out that MIMOS (which is the domain name registry holder) suspended this website address.

Guess we have to be patient till MKA and MIMOS reactivate back the domain address (URL).

Rdgs Arthur

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 29, 2003, 11:57 PM

Post #10 of 10 (1161 views)
Shortcut

i own a mongrel. can i still join the obedience course without being a mka member?

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my