First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

chansaire
Dog Kichi

Sep 10, 2003, 5:11 PM

Post #1 of 96 (6582 views)
Shortcut
is my dog gay? Can't Post

hey doggie lovers!
my 1 1/2 year old shih tzu is a darling, he's always lovable and rolls over for tummy rubs! lol.
but ever since i had him, he refuses to lift up his hind leg when he pees!! this is quite bad as he has long fur and it will soil his fur... sometimes, he even enjoys *walking AND peeing* at the same time...... which makes my family members cringe everytime he jumps on the sofa... !
maybe its because he lives with 2 other female dogs? but i walk him with my friends' male goldie everyday, and he never learns to pee properly from him. any advice?

i have a female min. poodle too, and he never seems interested in her. EVEN when she's on heat. what's wrong with my shih tzu???

is he gay?

ps: anyone seen legally blonde 2 yet? LOL! (gay dogs...)
"some friends come, some friends go- others leave a paw print in your heart, and you're never the same again."

elizatye
K9 Senior

Sep 10, 2003, 5:34 PM

Post #2 of 96 (6576 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chansaire] is my dog gay? [In reply to] Can't Post

I had the same problem with you when I brought I furkids back. But I know that it is because since he been born, he was crated. He already used to pee in the crate and of cause in the crate cannot lift up the hind leg to pee lah... Tongue I still remember how happy was I when I first saw him lift his hint leg to pee... I called my whole family to see he pee, hahaha... LaughSly he done this automatically and no one teach him...

hahaha... I used to own a female dog that pee like a male dog, lift her hint leg...UnsureSly

Smile Eliza

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Sep 10, 2003, 5:35 PM

Post #3 of 96 (6575 views)
Shortcut

ahhahahahaa.... chansaire, I think you have nothing to worry about at all!! Your dog is definitely not gay... for male dogs, they can pee that way too.. it is not a sign of whether your dog is gay or not.. not being interested in your female furkids while they are on heat is also.. I think pretty normal although some don't seem to agree.. I have a female and two males at home, and when the female is on heat, none of the males make noise also... of course I don't have a scientific explaination for this, but my guess is that they'd probably gotten used to each other and just have no interest... or maybe your shih tzu is just picky and wants to find the right and matching partner? Wink
Papasan, Mamasan, Jerry, Salsa, Samseng & Junior

sweeeng
ALPHA

Sep 10, 2003, 5:56 PM

Post #4 of 96 (6572 views)
Shortcut

I guess it's normal... I've myself have 4 female dogs and 1 male. Any of the female on heat, the male is not interested except for 1 female maltese which has already been spayed. Funny isn't it....

regards,
sweeeng

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 12:25 AM

Post #5 of 96 (6558 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] is my dog gay? [In reply to] Can't Post

erm... since we r in the topic on gay dogs... i would like to share this experience with u guys...

there was once in SPCA after 4pm when they let out the dogs from the cages to roam about, i saw a male dog humping another male dog. Crazy i tried to pull the dog away but he just went back to 'sodomising' the other dog. so in the end i had to put the poor doggie back in the cage. while the 'gay' one just stood outside the cage. he did not go to other male dogs though.

another incident is of a female dog humping another female (yes, she was acting like a male, going on top of another dog)! Crazy

i'm sure there are explanations to these, but i'm still trying to find out...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Trivor
K9 Servant

Sep 11, 2003, 12:46 AM

Post #6 of 96 (6555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] is my dog gay? [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaaa... I thought I just finished watching "Legally Blonde II" about 2 gay dogs... this is real? Gosh... gay dogs ehhh? this is new to me...

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

sun-arrow

Sep 11, 2003, 1:01 AM

Post #7 of 96 (6554 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] is my dog gay? [In reply to] Can't Post

I read that it's a show of dominance when dogs hump. When a dog humps another dog it's a sign of dominance (or attempted dominance). My puppy tried to hump my legs when he was just 3mths... so i go for the theory on dominance rather than the doing u know what to my legs...Crazy

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 8:31 AM

Post #8 of 96 (6545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sun-arrow] is my dog gay? [In reply to] Can't Post

erm... i think dogs humping people's leg are common... but i don't think a male dog humping another male dog is a show of dominance... Crazy not sure tho...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

sweeeng
ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 5:58 PM

Post #9 of 96 (6540 views)
Shortcut

It's really normal.... few years back we had 2 male dogs in the same cage. One keep humping on the other until wen it's time to let them out, the other one got scare and don't dare to move... jes stayed in the cage at the corner.

Now my mom's house got 4 males indoor... they like to hump on each other and make each other angry. As for me, I've 2 females 1 male indoor... the male will climb on the female maltese and the female maltese will climb on the female shih tzu....

So basically i think it's normal.... maybe they little bit hamsap. ha..ha..

regards,
sweeeng

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 12, 2003, 2:17 AM

Post #10 of 96 (6528 views)
Shortcut

haha... ya i guess it is normal also lar... surchinmy told me that it could be dominance issue too... but he suggest i ask the dogs next time i see them doing it wor! Crazy Laugh i will ask, just hope they r not too busy doing their things lar! Tongue

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

sweeeng
ALPHA

Sep 12, 2003, 6:00 PM

Post #11 of 96 (6520 views)
Shortcut

Yah.... and be sure you catch them doing on pillows and dolls too.... especially when you're not watching... Wink

Regards,
Sweeeng

poor_me
Enthusiast

Sep 12, 2003, 6:37 PM

Post #12 of 96 (6519 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

My Lil' Monster pees that way too - without lifting his leg. I see no harm in that.

As for the gay part. I don't think he is. Some dogs just try to hump everything they see. My Lil' Monster had tried to hump both male and female dogs before. But since he is still a rather small dog he always gets pushed away. Smile

If you think same gender dogs humping is weird, I have actually seen a female dog (name withheld) try to hump Lil' Monster before. Shocked

Regards,
Alan

fuikiaw
Enthusiast

Sep 12, 2003, 8:04 PM

Post #13 of 96 (6516 views)
Shortcut

Hey,

I'm not particularly sure on this. Coz i have only 1 female shih tzu & all the rest of the doggie in the house is female. But i'm sure you'll find advises in here from all the experts.

Anyway have you added your name onto the shih tzu list? If not please do so at the breed specific group> utility group

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 13, 2003, 2:44 AM

Post #14 of 96 (6504 views)
Shortcut

wah! Shocked pillow and dolls? Crazy hahaha... better get my camera on stand by mode! kodak moments! Laugh Laugh Laugh

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

lulugurl
ALPHA

Sep 13, 2003, 4:26 AM

Post #15 of 96 (6503 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

I've also just watched legally blonde 2. ahaha funny lar wei, gay dogs..somemore rottie!! LaughLaugh

I dont think peeing without lifting the hind leg is a major problem..maybe he's not matured yet??Crazy As for humping, dogs hump to show dominance, so its normal for our dogs to hump our legs but this action should not be encouraged at all.

Have u all seen a Female dog chasing a Male dog and try to hump him?? ahhahaLaughLaughTongue
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

BaoBao
Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2003, 10:25 PM

Post #16 of 96 (6497 views)
Shortcut

u sure u want ur dog to lift its hind leg???

aiyoooo... then he'll do it at corners too!!!!Pirate

chansaire
Dog Kichi

Sep 14, 2003, 6:34 AM

Post #17 of 96 (6489 views)
Shortcut
Re: is my dog gay? [In reply to] Can't Post

hey guys!
thank you so much for your ideas and sometimes wacky (lol!) theories on my dogs' behavior.

firstly, my shih tzu *Doesnt* hump me, or anyone else, or the pillows or soft toys (::boggles::). he's quite...er, harmless.

but i never saw my shih tzu (baby) hump any other dogs either, come to think of it....
"some friends come, some friends go- others leave a paw print in your heart, and you're never the same again."

kesuke
Doggyman

Sep 14, 2003, 8:33 AM

Post #18 of 96 (6485 views)
Shortcut

hi Smile

my dog is 2 years + and still doesn't lift his leg to pee....i have no idea why also Crazy...at first also thought he's gay but don't think he's really gay lah.....but not lifting his leg to pee is good also lah....at least he doesn't mark his territory everywhere and then some more pee on your car tyres.....CrazyCrazy that'd be really annoying as well...
my bro would go bonkers if my dog pees on his precious tyres.....hahaha...

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 14, 2003, 8:39 AM

Post #19 of 96 (6484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] is my dog gay? [In reply to] Can't Post

... But can you imagine how the tyres feel??? ... Wink

chansaire
Dog Kichi

Sep 15, 2003, 4:47 AM

Post #20 of 96 (6475 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] is my dog gay? [In reply to] Can't Post

er.. hehe !
i mean, generally male dogs pee more than females, right? (or more frequently..) so dont you find your male shih tzus (or long fur-ed dogs) get their fur really dirty if they *dont* lift up thier leg?
my (male) shih tzu enjoys tormenting me by walking AND peeing at the same time.................

kesuke
Doggyman

Sep 15, 2003, 5:57 AM

Post #21 of 96 (6472 views)
Shortcut

trye 1: uh-oh...here he (the dog) comes again....

tyre 2: he's turning left...he's heading your way...thank gawwdd....

tyre 1: arrgghh....noooo.....shoo shoo...go over there.....THERE!!!! ...... (*splatter splatter*) uggghhh....why is it always me???!!!!

heheheh.......

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

(This post was edited by kesuke on Sep 15, 2003, 6:01 AM)

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 15, 2003, 6:47 AM

Post #22 of 96 (6466 views)
Shortcut

Hi ... Smile ...

To be honest I would know 'cos I have a Giant Shorthaired Chichuahua ... but I would guess a non lifting male ShihTzu would be kinda messy ... but if the female ShihTzus can manage ... Smile ...

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Sep 15, 2003, 6:48 AM)

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 15, 2003, 6:49 AM

Post #23 of 96 (6463 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] is my dog gay? [In reply to] Can't Post

... LOL ... very good ... Laugh

lulugurl
ALPHA

Sep 15, 2003, 6:54 AM

Post #24 of 96 (6461 views)
Shortcut

ahhaha...a good description...giant shorthaired chihuahua!!LaughLaugh u really do have a good sense of humour..Tongue
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 15, 2003, 6:58 AM

Post #25 of 96 (6460 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] is my dog gay? [In reply to] Can't Post

... good sense of humour? ... Tongue ... most people think I'm just weird ... LOL ... Pirate

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my