First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

doberman
ALPHA

Sep 12, 2003, 5:18 PM

Post #26 of 38 (1164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [airdrigh] Guard Dog Lover [In reply to] Can't Post

hi airdrigh!

from my nick, u can know i love dobermann very much! im trying to find 1. where r u from? im from penang. where do u bought ur dober>?? from a breeder or pet shop. can u let me know their contact?

ur dober is imported or local breed? is it hard for handle a dober?? u send him for trainning??

do u plan to mate ur dober when he/she is mature enough?? what is the colour??

so sorry for asking so many question but i would really appreciate if u can let me know:) ! thank you very much!

Henry from Penang
dobermann@puppy.com.myWink

nancy

Sep 13, 2003, 2:54 AM

Post #27 of 38 (1159 views)
Shortcut

Hi!Welcome here...Hope you will enjoy here...I wish to have a doberman too.Is it expensive???Difficult to take care arrr???

Nancy+Loiloi...

airdrigh
Novice

Sep 15, 2003, 9:22 PM

Post #28 of 38 (1155 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doberman] Guard Dog Lover [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Henry, I am from KL.I don't really know of any breeders in penang. I got mine from a friend who breeds rottweilers, dobermanns and french mastiffs. If you don't mind coming down to KL then I am sure I can introduce you to him.

Mine is a local breed both parents are from here. Nope it is really easy to handle them although I guess its easier for me since I have been handling big dogs. I don't send him for formal training because I prefer to train him on my own, as long as they know the basics I am quite happy and in time I try to slowly teach them harder tricks. I've tought my female GSD to search, I always play this trick with her, I'll hide a tennis ball and ask her to search for it. Other than that if you are talking about guard dog training, I would prefer to send them to a proper school, but it costs alot and over here if they are just to look after the house then I don't think they need guard dog training. Anyway if you have a guard dog, you need to have responsibility as well, as not everyone knows how to handle a guard dog and they might turn nasty if you don't know how to handle them.

I might think of mating it but depends on finding the right mate. If you know of any nice females, let me know. Mine is Liver/red in colour

airdrigh
Novice

Sep 15, 2003, 9:29 PM

Post #29 of 38 (1154 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nancy] Guard Dog Lover [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Nancy, well expensive in terms of what? if you're planning to buy one, I think the price ranges from 800 to 2000 for a good one with cert and a full record of their parents and all. depends on whether they are imported or local as well, but do be careful of breeders who are just out to con your money, even reputable ones are now just into the money rather than perfecting the line. Maintanence wise, I guess they are like any normal large breed dogs, the feeding will be more expensive as they are bigger and they eat more and you have to provide them with good quality food rather than normal food for the small breeds. So it really depends on how much you want to spend on them.

Taking care of them is slightly easier as they have shorter coats so you don't have to bathe them as often or brush their hair as often. But if you are not used to large breeds, then they might be a handful as they are really strong and depending on the temprament, they can be quite aggresive, so you have to really show them who is boss.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 16, 2003, 2:30 AM

Post #30 of 38 (1149 views)
Shortcut

Just out of curiosity....is the breeder u got your dobe fr still breeding dogs?

i know a breeder in Subang..also breeding the same breed u mentioned. And the dobe I got was fr him. SHe's a 1.5 yrs now...

what's ur dobe's official name? Smile

sorry to be so "pat kua"..just curious...
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

nancy

Sep 16, 2003, 6:42 AM

Post #31 of 38 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Hi...Welcome here.Hope you will enjoy here

Nancy+Loiloi...

doberman
ALPHA

Sep 17, 2003, 12:01 AM

Post #32 of 38 (1141 views)
Shortcut

oic... that i will really think carefully before i buy a dobermann :)

the only problem for me is there is a limit place if i want to keep a dober :)

nvm, anyway, thanks alot!!!

Henry from Penang
dobermann@puppy.com.myWink

airdrigh
Novice

Sep 17, 2003, 7:13 PM

Post #33 of 38 (1137 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Guard Dog Lover [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chloe, somehow I had the impression that you were this old uncle withlarge dogs. Quite surprised to find out that you're a young lady. Anyway the friend of mine who is the breeder doesn't breed them anymore, sort of semi-retired from the breeding scene, but he still has a few rott's and the female dober who is the mum to Baron. Not sure if she's the mum to your female dober as well. What is your dober's name anyway? I don't really remember the official name of Baron, its in the cert somewhere in the house.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 17, 2003, 9:37 PM

Post #34 of 38 (1135 views)
Shortcut

hmm...

Hazel's breeder's the same..keeps the rottie's and still has the mom of Hazel too...

her official name's Miniac Zolast Charlie

any chance the breeder's name is Lee How Seng?Crazy

LOL...do i sound like an old uncle? Tongue aiyoh........
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

airdrigh
Novice

Sep 18, 2003, 6:06 AM

Post #35 of 38 (1126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Guard Dog Lover [In reply to] Can't Post

hmmm...what's yor email address, or why don't you email me, I don't think we can we can reveal breeder's names here right? My email address is airdrigh27@hotmail.com

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 18, 2003, 9:55 AM

Post #36 of 38 (1123 views)
Shortcut

aah...ok

we're not suppose to...but i guess in this case we can..i think..coz we're not advertising.

anyways, it's a good idea to e-mail Smile

my e-mail add is reality_dreamer69@hotmail.com
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

rottie
Dog Kichi

Sep 18, 2003, 5:20 PM

Post #37 of 38 (1118 views)
Shortcut

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers... from rottie

NikE
Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2003, 5:27 PM

Post #38 of 38 (1110 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Sorry for late greeting, welcome to the forum, cheersSmile

-- N i k E --
B L A C K mixed L A B R A D O R

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my