Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
chihuahua fan

liskomy
Novice

Sep 9, 2003, 11:47 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1223 views)
Shortcut
chihuahua fan Can't Post

Crazy My new pup Micro is only three months old. He has a bad habit of shitting in the middle of the night. Approximately 3am to 4 am. By morning he is a mess and I have to bathe him.

How to change this habit?

please help!
chikuluv

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Sep 10, 2003, 1:17 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1218 views)
Shortcut
Re: [liskomy] chihuahua fan [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi liskomy,

Don't worry about it.. your pup is still young, so she will have that kind of habbit for a while, esp if you didn't bring her to poo poo earlier before she sleeps. Salsa used to have the same problem.. she sleeps with me on the bed, and since my bed was quite high, she will go on top of my neck to tell me that she needs to go in the middle of the night, so I will have to wake up and take her to her designated place to do her poo poo. Yup, it is normally about 3-4am also.. it will take a while before her system turns "adult" and for her to learn to tahan. Smile It is really just a matter of toilet and timing trainning.

Hope this cleared your doubt!Wink
Papasan, Mamasan, Jerry, Salsa, Samseng & Junior

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 10, 2003, 3:16 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1214 views)
Shortcut

Micro is still young....cannot tahan the poo or pee so long yet. Be patience and teach him the proper way by giving him treats and tell him he did a good job when he did the correct thing. Good Luck ya !

cheers,
minglmy

kitten_penang

Jan 8, 2005, 7:10 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1080 views)
Shortcut

Chihuahua r smart dogs when they want 2 be. My 6 month old adopted chihuahua learned toilet traning using the newspaper method in under a few days.She's used 2 being cagged up eversince she was young as the owner planned 2 use her for bredin purposes. I was afraid i couldn't toilet train her. Guessed she showed me never 2 under estimate a little dog capabilities. Just b patient n don loose ur temper early in d mornin that will confuse her as she doesn't know which mistake she made at night that have made u so angry in the morning.Good luck.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my