Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
sensitive and odour problems

julie
Novice

Sep 7, 2002, 1:07 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1406 views)
Shortcut
sensitive and odour problems Can't Post

hi, i have a cocker spaniel, female about 1 year old, got it from someone who didn't want her anymore, when she came her eyes r red, she smells bad and her skin had patches of bald spots and she scratches a lot.

can u recommend me any good shampoo for her

les
K9 Maniac

Sep 9, 2002, 12:04 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1385 views)
Shortcut
Re: [julie] sensitive and odour problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Erm.... have u go thru all the topics here? I remember some of the topic is abt sensitive skin too! Smile

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

jasonlyh
Enthusiast

Sep 11, 2002, 1:29 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1367 views)
Shortcut

Hi Julie, care to introduce yourself a bit more llike location, etc, etc just like in the new member introduction. I am the owner of a male cocker spaniel. I would suggest that you bring her to a vet for a check up and further advise. Does sounds like she's in a poor condition.

jasonlyh
Enthusiast

Sep 11, 2002, 1:38 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1364 views)
Shortcut

By the way Julie, cockers are quite prone to eye, ear problem. As for the coat, just like any long coated dogs, they need to be maintained and groomed occasionally. Mine had problem with his skin once due to the warm weather - puppy rashes. I hope urs is not a case of mange which can be quite infectious. Do bring her to a vet.

julie
Novice

Sep 11, 2002, 7:45 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1354 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jasonlyh] sensitive and odour problems [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, i'm in p.j ...and i've got a vet coming over to check on her this evening...see what's the outcome of it...i was told by the previous owner that she started having this shedding problem cuz she was given some medicine for pregnancy...see she was sent for mating but she didn't get pregnant...and to stop this problem the vet will just give a jab to stop it, i'm not so sure that's why i'm asking around...anyone with this same problem.... nice meeting jason...sad to say that i can't tell u much about my dog cuz i've had her only about 3 weeks now.. thanks anyway...

wkser
ALPHA

Sep 11, 2002, 8:09 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1350 views)
Shortcut

hi julie,
the odour of your doggie might come from her eyes.....make sure you clean her eye.........Smile

kangser and nous

jasonlyh
Enthusiast

Sep 11, 2002, 8:09 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1350 views)
Shortcut

You are most welcome Julie. Do keep us updated on her condition and the outcome of the vet's visit. We're all dog lovers here and furthermore, the diagnosis by the vet could prove valuable in the future. By the way, is your dog MKA? If you ever thought of breeding cockers, do let me know...hehe Wink. Anyway, hope ur doggie gets better soon.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my