A dog and its indifferent owners

lee71anne
New User

Sep 9, 2003, 7:13 PM

Post #1 of 12 (3074 views)
Shortcut
A dog and its indifferent owners Can't Post

Dear forum members,

I'm not sure if my following post is off topic but I should think it is the very least dog-related. Please bear with me if this is a little long.

A neighbour of mine decided to get themselves a pet dog (a mixed breed) not too long ago. It was treated very well in the beginning. As a pup, the dog got to roam about the neighbourhood anywhere it wishes. He was given the opportunity to rest and even sleep inside my neighbour's home at night. Although he was indeed an adorable little creature, the pup soon became a nuisance. He would poop and pee right in front of my house everyday and even occasionally found his way into my porch to play with my dog. The times when the dog managed to squeeze his way in, naturally my garden soon became his public lavatory as well. To maintain good neighbourly relations, I decided it was just best to keep mum and made it a point to wash away the poop every evening when I return from work.

The pup since then has grown to full adulthood.

However, I noticed that it no longer got to roam about the premises anymore and was always tied to short leash day and night. Although I was pleased this meant I no longer find chunks of poop greeting my return from work everyday, this new occurence now brought on an even worse set of problems. The dog, I must admit, is a pretty smart fellow. He would bark since being a pup if he had to go out to relieve himself. And his owners would dutifully open the gate and let him out. And when the dog is done, he would bark again to be let in. But because he no longer had the freedom to roam about as he wishes (owners lost interest perhaps?), he would begin barking incessantly to be let loose so he can go about his business. To my dismay, the incessant barking would start as early as 5 am in the morning, unfortunately without any response from the owner. How they can sleep through the noise is simply beyond my understanding (but that's another story!). The dog would bark and bark, on and off for sometimes up to an hour before someone would respond to his call. Once while watching from my window, as soon as his owner removes his leash, the dog would very quickly run the nearest pot of plant and would relieve himself for what seem to be an unusually long time.

Despite the pooping and barking and my loss of sleep, I do not blame the dog. As a matter of fact, being a dog lover myself, I pity the little fellow. I blame the owners who probably found it fun at first when the dog was still tiny and full of fun and mischief. The dog, now fully grown, have lost its cuteness and is somehow being treated quite indifferently by my neighbours whom I have lost quite a bit of respect to.

I am always tempted to give this neighbour a piece of my mind but never found the guts to. Personally, the last thing I want is war between ourselves but seriously, I am really sleep-deprived.

Any suggestions how I can best tackle this diplomatically?

Sorry I seem to have rattled on but gosh, this has helped relieved some of my frustrations! This being said, thanks all for reading my post.

mackmack
Doggyman

Sep 9, 2003, 7:32 PM

Post #2 of 12 (3068 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lee71anne] A dog and its indifferent owners [In reply to] Can't Post

Try to get a bark-free device, plug in during nite time, and within your house and extend to a certain radial area.... the dog will stop from barking.Smile

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

mackmack
Doggyman

Sep 9, 2003, 7:35 PM

Post #3 of 12 (3069 views)
Shortcut

Your description of the whole scene was just the MINIMAL case happened in my neighborhood, my next door family.Frown They would have the whole house air-conditioned and ASTRO program in as loud as the surround system could support, then "pretend" they heard nothing.

well~ happy.

they got broke in several times, and the dogs..... poisoned one by one.....Frown

lee71anne
New User

Sep 9, 2003, 8:13 PM

Post #4 of 12 (3063 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] A dog and its indifferent owners [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello ,

Thank you for responding to my post so quickly. I am keen to learn more about what you meant about getting a 'bark-free device'. What is it, how does it work and where can I purchase this from? If I install such a device, will it also prevent my own dog from barking should suspicious characters approach my home at night?

mackmack
Doggyman

Sep 9, 2003, 8:21 PM

Post #5 of 12 (3060 views)
Shortcut

http://www.sharperimage.com/...atid=1&catid=110

well~ if your dog is alert enough and well-trained, he shall know how to "inform" you while there's stranger breaking in~Wink

doberman
ALPHA

Oct 29, 2003, 7:46 PM

Post #6 of 12 (3002 views)
Shortcut

can we get the free barking device in malaysia or in mean in penang??

Henry from Penang
dobermann@puppy.com.myWink

K9Angel
Novice

Oct 30, 2003, 1:42 AM

Post #7 of 12 (2998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doberman] A dog and its indifferent owners [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I think the bark-free device is good. If this device doesn't pose a health hazard to the dog, this will ease a lot of tension in a neighbourhood. Sad to say that, most of my malay friends complaint about their neighbours' dogs barking. If anybody knows where to get it, I would like to recommend it to my malay friends. Tongue

doberman
ALPHA

Oct 30, 2003, 4:10 PM

Post #8 of 12 (2993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [K9Angel] A dog and its indifferent owners [In reply to] Can't Post

well well well, anybody know where can i get the device ler?? Crazy

Henry from Penang

mackmack
Doggyman

Oct 30, 2003, 4:32 PM

Post #9 of 12 (2992 views)
Shortcut

www.sharperimage.com

there's where I purchased mineSmile.
I bought it from US, in store, but I think u could buy it online too.

(This post was edited by mackmack on Oct 30, 2003, 4:33 PM)

doberman
ALPHA

Oct 31, 2003, 1:12 AM

Post #10 of 12 (2978 views)
Shortcut

urmm..is it work on ur doggie??

Henry from Penang

mackmack
Doggyman

Nov 1, 2003, 12:40 AM

Post #11 of 12 (2969 views)
Shortcut

A friend has tried on it and it works well~

I haven't open my box.Wink I hope I don't need it though... but getting that for vacation purpose.

doberman
ALPHA

Nov 1, 2003, 1:09 AM

Post #12 of 12 (2965 views)
Shortcut

oic... thank you very much on ur informationSmile

Henry from Penang

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my