Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Saloon.?

yingwey
Novice

Sep 9, 2003, 8:45 AM

Post #1 of 17 (2626 views)
Shortcut
Saloon.? Can't Post

hmm..do u guys know there is anywhere in pj or kl that offer services to cuy my shih tzu fur?..coz is growing too long..if i wanna cut myself it will look ugly..i've been to several places before at it cost alot...like 200 bucks..so do u guys know anywhere that offfer cheaper?..
Ying's

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Sep 9, 2003, 9:46 AM

Post #2 of 17 (2622 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yingwey] Saloon.? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello yingwey.

Rm 200 a session is indeed too expensive. The normal price for grooming,which include bathing, trimming, nail cutting and etc is around rm 80 to rm 100. Why don't u tell us the area u're currently situated for others to recommend u a place where u can bring your shih tzu.

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

yingwey
Novice

Sep 9, 2003, 9:50 AM

Post #3 of 17 (2621 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamchooi] Saloon.? [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm..im currently stay at seri kembangan..but im willing to go anywhere..of coz around pj or kl..just to get my dog coat tidy up...coz it started to tangle alot inside..started to get headache liao..
Ying's

sweeeng
ALPHA

Sep 9, 2003, 8:18 PM

Post #4 of 17 (2612 views)
Shortcut

i think there's a saloon in kl... but i rather trim my own dog's hair ... cheaper... first time sure ugly ... but practises makes it better :)

regards,
sweeeng

BaoBao
Enthusiast

Sep 9, 2003, 10:40 PM

Post #5 of 17 (2607 views)
Shortcut

rm 200 for a grooming session??? only the basic grooming or got really superb things going on??

yingwey
Novice

Sep 10, 2003, 7:38 AM

Post #6 of 17 (2598 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] Saloon.? [In reply to] Can't Post

aw..seriously..that's v ery nice..but what u use to trim your dog's coat?..hmm..first time having a dog..seriously..i dun have any exprience before..need to learn alot...hope to learn from u guys...Smile
Ying's

yingwey
Novice

Sep 10, 2003, 7:39 AM

Post #7 of 17 (2597 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BaoBao] Saloon.? [In reply to] Can't Post

hmmshould be included superb things on la.
i just check with da price..once heard then i left liao..hope to get cheaper one around kl or pj..
any introduce?..pls email me at yingwey@hotmail.com
Ying's

sweeeng
ALPHA

Sep 10, 2003, 5:40 PM

Post #8 of 17 (2594 views)
Shortcut

I'll use a normal pair of sicssors with rounded head so that I won't poke her.... I usually hold the fur nearest to the skin so that I won't accidently cut her skin.... else they'll get very scare of cutting hair the next time...

So it's jes like that.... my shih tzu doesn't really allow me to cut certain areas of her hair and I don't know why. Maybe accidently cut her flesh b4. Wherelse my 2 maltese will sleep when I cut their hair. Turn them here and there also they won't disturb... but 1 thing is ... I've cut myself a lot of things already....

So if you're doing it yourself, be careful not to cut the dog or yourself... Wink

Regards,
sweeeng

strawberry
Novice

Sep 10, 2003, 5:59 PM

Post #9 of 17 (2592 views)
Shortcut

my vet recommend me to trim and cut our shih tzu hair ourself. This is bcoz it is not only economic and also it can help to develop a better relationship wit ur dog. If u said it's ugly when u cut it's hair, mayb u can try buy a sccissors in the pet shop that layer it;s hair. It will be look nicer after u cut the hair and layer it wit that sccissors.

sweeeng
ALPHA

Sep 10, 2003, 8:30 PM

Post #10 of 17 (2591 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawberry] Saloon.? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yah... shih tzu's hair keep growing long. How often can a person send the dog to the vet just to trim hair... and. .. if they dog is fierce or keep moving, they'll jab the dog with anesthatic before trimming the hair.

Btw, any idea how much is the scissors ... to cut the hair layer?? Cos I think it's rather expensive... Correct me if i'm wrong

regards,
sweeeng

strawberry
Novice

Sep 10, 2003, 9:19 PM

Post #11 of 17 (2589 views)
Shortcut

the sccissor that i bought is around RM 40++..........i'm not veli sure coz i bought long time already. But for sure that sccissor really work! My shih tzu look more a lot better after it's hair layered already!

sweeeng
ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 5:49 PM

Post #12 of 17 (2577 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawberry] Saloon.? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow! That sure is expensive ... for me... Anyway, what I did to make my dog's hair a bit layer is by running the scissors following the hair.... it will trim off some hair... then not so cacat lor... he..he...

regards,
sweeeng

BaoBao
Enthusiast

Sep 11, 2003, 11:48 PM

Post #13 of 17 (2569 views)
Shortcut

u'll only need to bring the doggies once every 2 mths..... i think still quite reasonable....

as for the thinning scissors, there're cheap and expensive types...Smile

May
Old Hand

Sep 12, 2003, 12:36 AM

Post #14 of 17 (2566 views)
Shortcut

Hi!!!

I saw the thinning shear for sale at the P.S. pet shop for RM20. I tot of purchasing too but dunno how to use it. I ended up buying a normal scissors at one of the salon instead.

yingwey
Novice

Sep 12, 2003, 8:47 AM

Post #15 of 17 (2560 views)
Shortcut

i've check at the petshop at mid valley..er..it cost bout 30 something and of coz there is cheaper ones..but always the expensive ones will last longer..er..i think mostly it cost about 30-50 something for one..but i think the trimming kit is abit expensive..but as if u are going to use it longer i think is quite worth la..imagine..u sent your dog to grooming session..for er..bout 100 something for one seasion.so u can canculated how much it cost
Ying's

lulugurl
ALPHA

Sep 12, 2003, 5:18 PM

Post #16 of 17 (2556 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

They are selling the thinning scissors here for Rm70++ and i dont think its that good also..so i din buy...was looking around for one too as well for a clipper...Smile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

sweeeng
ALPHA

Sep 12, 2003, 5:51 PM

Post #17 of 17 (2555 views)
Shortcut

I think it's quite costly having to take your dog for grooming every 2 weeks. I session of grooming is already killing....

Anyway, my sist jes bought a grooming set for dogs from Australia ... guess I've to start learning how to use it Smile

regards,
sweeeng

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my