Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
My pug make the floor wet after he drink water

wangwang
Novice

Sep 4, 2002, 7:47 PM

Post #1 of 20 (7340 views)
Shortcut
My pug make the floor wet after he drink water Can't Post

I am facing problem of my pug is making the floor wet after he drink water.He never play with the water. But, after he drink, the water drop from his neck? or maybe call somewhere around his mouth. The biggest problem is he always sleep on the wet floor. And I guess that this is the main thing that cause his skin problem. How can I stop him to make the floor wet?

Khoobg
Webmaster / Moderator

Sep 4, 2002, 9:44 PM

Post #2 of 20 (7335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wangwang] My pug make the floor wet after he drink water [In reply to] Can't Post

Is he drinking from water dispenser or drinking from water container place on the floor ?

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

les
K9 Maniac

Sep 5, 2002, 1:55 AM

Post #3 of 20 (7323 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wangwang] My pug make the floor wet after he drink water [In reply to] Can't Post

haha.. bcoz pug dont have long nose.. and they got wide mouth.. this is what happen when they eat or drink.. erm.. I give my lil Sunny those bottle feed one.. those with steel roller inside.. it can be found in pet shop..

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

boon
Doggyman

Sep 5, 2002, 4:49 PM

Post #4 of 20 (7318 views)
Shortcut

Hi Wang2,

I also faced the same problem as what u mentioned. My Bonney is a female yellow lab.

Any 'Si Fu' out there know how to overcome this problem or at least teach my Bonney to drink water slowly.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

TohCS
Enthusiast

Sep 5, 2002, 5:05 PM

Post #5 of 20 (7317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] My pug make the floor wet after he drink water [In reply to] Can't Post

I think water dispenser will be a good solution.
I heard of one owner that actualy teaches the dog to go wipe it's mouth after drinking .

Many doggie cheers,

Cheng See
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GIVE A DOG A HOME TODAY
Love all dogs pure or non pure breed - give them hope!
CALL PAWS 03-78461087 to take a dog home.
SPCA - 03-42535179 to give a dog a chance in life.
====================================
My fur kids....
Coco-Mongrel adopted from PAWs
Kiddo-Mongrel a stray that adopted us
Belle-Beagle -the naughty one :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wangwang
Novice

Sep 5, 2002, 6:31 PM

Post #6 of 20 (7309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [les] My pug make the floor wet after he drink water [In reply to] Can't Post

I had using water drinking botol for my pug when he is 3 month old (the biggest type in the shop). But, what I thinking is..."the mouth of the botol is so small, and every time he want to drink. He got to spent a long time to get the water out from the botol. Will this good for my pug to stay long time in front of the botol? Will he get sufficient water?

May
Old Hand

Sep 5, 2002, 6:44 PM

Post #7 of 20 (7307 views)
Shortcut

Hi Wangwang!

My doggie used to drink from the water dispenser too until she was 4 months old. I noticed that she doesn't get enough water from the dispenser and I stop using it. Now I put the water in a bowl and each time she will drink about half bowl of water especially after a walk. Same as your case, my doggie will wet the floor too once she finished drinking and worst still her mouth will also get wet (she's a shih tzu mix). But since we know when she will drink water, so we will wipe her mouth and mop the floor each time she finish drinking. I keep her indoor.

wangwang
Novice

Sep 5, 2002, 6:53 PM

Post #8 of 20 (7306 views)
Shortcut
Wet [In reply to] Can't Post

We can not watch our doggie for 24 hours right? If midnight, so how we going to know he drinking water? And also in day time, when i am working, i also can not know when he want to drink water. So, how should i solve this problem?

cdmoo
ALPHA

Sep 5, 2002, 7:32 PM

Post #9 of 20 (7304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wangwang] Wet [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi wang2,

Is ur pug running freely in the house? In my case, Rex is caged, and feed on water dispenser (2 bottles). When he's out of the house , for example after a walk or meal, I use the bowl as he can drink a lot more with the bowl. And i put the bowl on the grass, so he does not wet the car porch area.

Don;t worry about ur dog will be dehydrated, they know the water source, even though u claim he takes a long time to drink from the bottle.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

May
Old Hand

Sep 5, 2002, 7:47 PM

Post #10 of 20 (7301 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Wet [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, you're right cdmoo. They know the water source. My doggie will lick the pipe of our mineral pot if her water bowl out of water. That's so cute.

Ausranger
Dog Kichi

Sep 9, 2002, 5:04 PM

Post #11 of 20 (7285 views)
Shortcut

Hi

I didn't as Cheng See suggested teach my dogs to wipe their mouths after drinking, they just like to do it. I've got a mat on the floor, which is really just there for them. They love to wipe their mouths across it after they drink, or eat, and my little Emmy also likes to go there and roll if she gets a little wet, like this morning when we got caught in the rain. Even though I blow dried her, she still went and rolled across the mat.

Dorothy

les
K9 Maniac

Sep 10, 2002, 2:00 AM

Post #12 of 20 (7274 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ausranger] My pug make the floor wet after he drink water [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow! So clever! So cute.... Angelic

Laugh

evehock
Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2002, 7:48 AM

Post #13 of 20 (7272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [les] My pug make the floor wet after he drink water [In reply to] Can't Post

Les,

My Tigger is the worst... after he drinks, he wipe his muzzle on our short or pant or skirt....Tongue

Eve

les
K9 Maniac

Sep 14, 2002, 10:03 PM

Post #14 of 20 (7259 views)
Shortcut
Re: [evehock] My pug make the floor wet after he drink water [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL

Laugh

valery

Sep 19, 2002, 12:37 AM

Post #15 of 20 (7247 views)
Shortcut

hi wang wang,

i think we all pug owners have same problem. i tried to get mine to drink from a water dispenser (bottle type) but the moment i bring it closer to him, he starts to run away faster than lightning. tried so many times until i've given up. at least your pug only gets the floor wet. mine thinsk he is so smart, he will come to whoever is wearing long pants or skirt and wipe on you instead. if not available, he will wipe on the rug, or any other thing that is handy and available. i think they sleep on wet floor beacuse of the malaysian heat. my boy is always happy when i mop the floor and he is quietly following me waiting for me to move so that he can do the twist and lie down - what more - on the wet and clean floor of course. and then the next thing i see, he got his skin problem again, scratch, scratch, scratch. sometimes he scratch until so shiok the face. whne he gets the infection, i apply hydrocortisone cream on his belly and seems to be a lot better. i even bought vet quality hydrocortisone shampoo from US and it is so expensive. very small bottle (like malaseb) cost about US$30 but it's worth it. only thing is i find it difficult to use beacuse of it's high medicinal content, there are very little bubbles. you can also try pinetarsol from the pharmacy. this are the remedies that i've tried and seemed to work. it is also lots cheaper if you try some off the rack remedies b4 going to the vet but if the problem becomes bad, please don't think about the cost anymore. just pick yourself and pooch up and get into the car and head for the nearest vet. might be yeast infection that can easily be treated with antibiotics.

if i am suggesting something that i'm not supposed to be doing, i hope that someone will be kind enough to correct me. so far all these have worked on rocky without any side effects.

les
K9 Maniac

Sep 20, 2002, 12:38 AM

Post #16 of 20 (7238 views)
Shortcut
Re: [valery] My pug make the floor wet after he drink water [In reply to] Can't Post

I really enjoying reading all these... esp those who owns pug.. yeap yeap.. I totally agree... My lil Sunny boy also like to do that... haha... I can't help to scream him sometimes.. coz he always likes to play tug with my when I mop the floor... Unsure

Laugh

wmeng
Dog Kichi

Sep 20, 2002, 4:02 PM

Post #17 of 20 (7233 views)
Shortcut

Yes, yes, same to my Georgie. I will have to cage him everytime when I mop the floor. Hahahahaha...
ENG
Proud owner of George, a male pug puppy
Born: 10/3/02

les
K9 Maniac

Sep 20, 2002, 10:47 PM

Post #18 of 20 (7226 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wmeng] My pug make the floor wet after he drink water [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Eng,

Are u coming to this Makan Gathering? I am really looking forward to meet King George.. and King George 2..(kelly's)... Sly

Laugh

wmeng
Dog Kichi

Sep 21, 2002, 1:27 AM

Post #19 of 20 (7219 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Les,

I would love to join the gathering but Georgie has three "hard blisters in his left eye. I took him to the vet and put him on eye ointment and pills for one month already but the blisters seem to be growing instead of going down. My poor Georgie....

The "blisters" make his left eye smaller than the right eye. The vet asked me to bring him over this Monday to check if it is cancerous. He says an operation may be required but it depends on the condition.

If there is no operation required this Monday, then I will definitely join you all this 29 Sept, otherwise I will have to stay home to take care of my lil boy after the operation. My poor little boy... (sobs)
ENG
Proud owner of George, a male pug puppy
Born: 10/3/02

les
K9 Maniac

Sep 21, 2002, 2:25 AM

Post #20 of 20 (7215 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wmeng] My pug make the floor wet after he drink water [In reply to] Can't Post

poor George... sounds serious.. Dunno Webmaster Khoo have any advice?

Laugh

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my