How to train to be a guard dog?

jason
Enthusiast

Dec 6, 2001, 6:07 AM

Post #1 of 11 (4614 views)
Shortcut
How to train to be a guard dog? Can't Post

SmileA question to discuss ...

All dogs have the nature as guard dogs? I just wonder Crazy ... or it must be trained to have the ability? As for my dog, she is still in her puppy period, and I am worried that she might not be a guard dog, which I want her to be ...Unsure. This is because when she meets strangers, she seems too happy instead of at guarding position Frown ...hehe. Or, I might say that the guard dog ability will show on when she is adult? Please advice, thanks la ...

regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Dec 6, 2001, 6:22 AM

Post #2 of 11 (4606 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] How to train to be a guard dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jason..what is your definition of being a guard dog?? You want your doggie to attack the intruder?? ...You might be able to get some information if you visit leopui's website.. it's http://www.911k9.com

I think for most dogs, they will start barking as they get older..being a puppy is like being a young kid..don't know anything...curious towards strangers...therefore nice to strangers...maybe when older they will be smarter...
Smile

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Rainbow -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

Apr 26, 2002, 12:26 AM

Post #3 of 11 (4563 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rainbow] How to train to be a guard dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi rainbow,

i'm serene, i wonder do u know that last time i think 9 yeras ago there is a traning centre for dogs in petaling.

i found this info from one of my office neighbour, she hv a GSD 10 years aldy, i hv seen the dog b4, he is very protective and stady. she told me that she send her GSD to a traning centre in pj for 3 weeks and cost her RM600 when her GSD is 1 yr old. that means is already 9 years ago... i hv ask her about the contact but she said this traning centre hv shifted! :(

so i wonder anyone in this forum know how to contact this kind of traning centre?

thanks alot!

regards,
serene limUnsure
Serene Lim
My furkids: Jamie & Max.

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

Andrew

Apr 30, 2002, 7:42 AM

Post #4 of 11 (4547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [serene_kwlim] How to train to be a guard dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Serene,

There is one training centre in Rawang called "Stephen Guard Dog"..The contact no. is 03-60933519. Or you might contact Stephen at his handphone @ 012-2210510. He is the chief trainer. and the email is sgdtc@hotmail.com

There is another one called sunny K9. It's training centre is in Ipoh. The email is sunnytan@sunnyk9.com
You can visit its website at www.sunnyk9.com

Andrew Wong
Miniature Pinscher, Born 22.12.2000

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

Apr 30, 2002, 10:20 PM

Post #5 of 11 (4537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrew] How to train to be a guard dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi andrew,

thanks 4 ur reply! i wonder do u know how they charge?

10Q!

serene lim
Serene Lim

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

Andrew

May 1, 2002, 4:18 AM

Post #6 of 11 (4528 views)
Shortcut

Well I'm not really sure the total amount that they will charge...but on the MIPE, I did over heard that a women is asking about the fees. I heard that the dog must firstly go for obedience class first before they are to be trained as a guard dog. The fees for obedience class will cost around RM 1500 ( if i'm not mistaken). Then the owner of the dog have to go for training with their dog too. They will teach the owner the command to used. And also they used "German" language to instruct the dog...

While for sunny k9. I have no idea at all about the fees. You can try to email to them to find out.

Andrew Wong
Miniature Pinscher, Born 22.12.2000

leopui
K9 Maniac

May 1, 2002, 6:32 AM

Post #7 of 11 (4524 views)
Shortcut

Serene,

Your GSD is still very much a pup. You should take the advantage to build up your relationship with her by spending time together.

You should have your pup (if you doesn't or dunno how to) go for an obedience class ... may it be private or open class. Until your dog is above 18 or 20 months old then you can decide whether to send for further training or not.
LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

Derrickok
Novice

May 1, 2002, 6:40 AM

Post #8 of 11 (4521 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leopui] How to train to be a guard dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Of all the articles so far posted. Tis the only one that makes sense.

leopui
K9 Maniac

May 1, 2002, 6:49 AM

Post #9 of 11 (4518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] How to train to be a guard dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Positive point of view ... I take this as a COMPLIMENTS!!! Cool
LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

Nov 19, 2002, 8:32 PM

Post #10 of 11 (4449 views)
Shortcut

Dear Leopui,

Hi, me again serene, my Jamie is now 10 months old, but still much act like a pup! i hv train her some commands but only two she knows (sit & lay down!) but sometimes she won't listen! what a naughty girl! Unsure

i hv been to Padang merbok (MKA traning centre) once! there's alot doggie there go 4 traning! i'm very excited and wanted to enroll ny Jamie too. but the problem is the time is not suitable for me coz, i hv to go 4 work! so, i decided to send her to traning centre for some time to let the trainer there to train her, just basic course is already enoght! so, i would like to hear some advise and suggestion form u!(since u ar a trainer also!)

thanks in advance!

best regards,Smile
Serene Lim

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

colinchin
Enthusiast

Dec 9, 2002, 7:00 PM

Post #11 of 11 (4410 views)
Shortcut

Hi LeoPui,

I sent three email to your web site to try to establish contact with you. Some how until today, you have not reply to me. And I am wondering down here why ? Perhaps, you are really tied up with your work ? I don't know.

I am trying to fing as much info about this breed as I can before making a bold decision.

Like I say before in my previous email, keep in touch.

Thank you.

Regards, Colin Chin

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my