Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
saliva *gosh*

is_me
Novice

Sep 3, 2003, 12:16 AM

Post #1 of 18 (3575 views)
Shortcut
saliva *gosh* Can't Post

i've been noticing my puppy shih tzu, which is 5 months old now.. will wet her own mouth downwards with her saliva when she mix with other puppy or adults dogs... i just couldn't figure it out what happen to her. When she see other pups or dogs around, she will not open her mouth at all, like got gold inside, eventually the saliva will start dripping from the side and wet the whole mouth until the front paws. But she is a hyper-active dog when she mix with other people. I just wonder whether anyone of u outside facing the same problem I had? Please advice.

fuikiaw
Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2003, 12:30 AM

Post #2 of 18 (3570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [is_me] saliva *gosh* [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

my shih tzu is not having this problem but she tends to wet her mouth when she fights with other dogs. I think they are playing with the saliva. Not sure also.

By the way have you added your name onto the shih tzu list in the breed specific> utility group?

is_me
Novice

Sep 3, 2003, 12:56 AM

Post #3 of 18 (3565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fuikiaw] saliva *gosh* [In reply to] Can't Post

yeap.. i'm in the list few months back.. :) how old is ur shih tzu? hehehe.. it's so disgusting when u see the dog swing her head and the saliva will like slingshot to the left and right..

(This post was edited by is_me on Sep 3, 2003, 1:00 AM)

fuikiaw
Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2003, 1:00 AM

Post #4 of 18 (3560 views)
Shortcut

Mushu is 7 months now. She's a female but is hyper active also. She likes to fight with a pug which belongs to my housemate. How about yours? What's the name?

is_me
Novice

Sep 3, 2003, 1:02 AM

Post #5 of 18 (3558 views)
Shortcut

her name is Ginger, tri-colour shih tzu..

fuikiaw
Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2003, 1:03 AM

Post #6 of 18 (3555 views)
Shortcut

Oh....so what are u planning to do with the saliva? Have you asked anyone else about this before? Did u went to the PD trip?

is_me
Novice

Sep 3, 2003, 5:25 PM

Post #7 of 18 (3548 views)
Shortcut

I didn't go for the PD trip because my gf's graduation is on that day. i still dunno wat to do with the saliva issue.. maybe i'll wait for another few days and see which sifu can help me out. :)

strawberry
Novice

Sep 3, 2003, 7:34 PM

Post #8 of 18 (3543 views)
Shortcut

hello.............just wan to tell u that ur shih tzu is veli cute and adorable.............my shih tzu is veli fat.......i used to feed him wit food that i eat beside his dog food. That's why he is so fat now!

fuikiaw
Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2003, 7:44 PM

Post #9 of 18 (3542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawberry] saliva *gosh* [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Thanks for the praise. Mushu must be very happy when she hears this. So how oldi s ur shih tzu? I don't feed mushu with other things except her own dog food. She's now 2.5kg and she's 7 months already.

Did u went to the pd trip? By the way have you added your name onto the shih tzu list?

makrawl
Canine Addict

Sep 3, 2003, 11:01 PM

Post #10 of 18 (3538 views)
Shortcut

i think it was becoz your dog was excited. my cockers also having the same situation when they meet other dogs, reach a totally new place. they'll jump up and down (forget all my commands) and later i have to hang a bucket on their neck to collect the saliva.Laugh

maybe u should bring her out more often so that she won't be so "sakai" (like mine) in future.

is_me
Novice

Sep 3, 2003, 11:16 PM

Post #11 of 18 (3536 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] saliva *gosh* [In reply to] Can't Post

hehehee yaloh yaloh... need to hang a handkerchief on her... it's a real mess when the saliva start dripping.

wleen81
Novice

Sep 3, 2003, 11:21 PM

Post #12 of 18 (3536 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] saliva *gosh* [In reply to] Can't Post

Hhahaha...'Sakai'....Ginger memang abit 'sakai'....especially when she sees stranger....She will get so so excited and happy...

strawberry
Novice

Sep 5, 2003, 5:27 PM

Post #13 of 18 (3519 views)
Shortcut

Wah..............ur puppy is so fit and slim. My shih tzu is oledi around 6 months but oledi weigh around 5k.g!! I din go to pd trip bcoz i'm still studying..............no time for the trip. By the way how to add name in the shih tzu list?

fuikiaw
Enthusiast

Sep 5, 2003, 5:31 PM

Post #14 of 18 (3517 views)
Shortcut

u can go to the specific dog breed under utility group look for the shih tzu list and add ur name in it.

My shih tzu is abit smaller in size as compared to other shih tzu. When people see her......they'll say she's small. Maybe we can meet at the 14/9 gathering? If you are going.

strawberry
Novice

Sep 5, 2003, 10:51 PM

Post #15 of 18 (3515 views)
Shortcut

i hope to there.........but KK is too far from my house.I don't have any transport to go there. Hope u and Munshu will enjoy urself on that day.Wink

fuikiaw
Enthusiast

Sep 6, 2003, 12:17 AM

Post #16 of 18 (3512 views)
Shortcut

Where are u staying? Coz the location has been shifted to bandar utama. If so i think we'll meet when we got the chance. Hope to catch up with you.

is_me
Novice

Sep 6, 2003, 8:46 PM

Post #17 of 18 (3508 views)
Shortcut

yeah.. i faces the same problem with u, fuikiaw.. the problem is.. whenever other people look at my shih tzu.. they will say it's not a pure shih tzu because the eyes look different.. and mine shih tzu is smaller than other people.. but who cares..... she is my dog.. a clever and cute dog..

fuikiaw
Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2003, 5:22 PM

Post #18 of 18 (3500 views)
Shortcut

I strongly agree with you

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my