Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
Bukit Commonwealth Yes / Bukit Jalil Park No

justinsoong
Novice

Aug 30, 2003, 7:06 AM

Post #1 of 9 (3525 views)
Shortcut
Bukit Commonwealth Yes / Bukit Jalil Park No Can't Post

In the Bukit Jalil area, bring your best (waggy) friend to Bukit Commonwealth Park (the one alongside the Sri Petaling LRT station) - no issues there.Cool

However, the bigger Bukit Jalil Park is off-limits and unfriendly guards will ward dogs (leashed or otherwise) and owners off the park - which is a shame. Mad

In London & Paris, anywhere will do.Crazy
Goochie & Friends

chris78
K9 Maniac

Aug 30, 2003, 11:22 AM

Post #2 of 9 (3518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [justinsoong] Bukit Commonwealth Yes / Bukit Jalil Park No [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah...in UK you can bring the dog almost anywhere...even on public transportation!!! Just brought my Cavaliers for a day out on the train....they just love it!Smile

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 30, 2003, 7:11 PM

Post #3 of 9 (3513 views)
Shortcut
Re: [justinsoong] Bukit Commonwealth Yes / Bukit Jalil Park No [In reply to] Can't Post

I went to the park a few months back and recently was wondering the the bkt jalil park allows doggy or not. Didn't see a sign that says no pets allow ler.

cheers,
minglmy

justinsoong
Novice

Aug 31, 2003, 7:24 AM

Post #4 of 9 (3507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Bukit Commonwealth Yes / Bukit Jalil Park No [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, some time ago, there is a 'no doggies' sign at the entrance that is further back and nearer to the apartments. There was certainly a guard that refused entrance to us when we wanted to walk our Goochie then. Not so sure whether there is a similar signage at the front entrance that is adjoining the Bukit Jalil Highway.
Goochie & Friends

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 1, 2003, 3:23 AM

Post #5 of 9 (3500 views)
Shortcut

icic....oh well, poor us then ! the park is really a nice park... went in there once ( and that once was a really memorable event for me)

cheers,
minglmy

dogies
Novice

Sep 3, 2003, 1:37 AM

Post #6 of 9 (3484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Bukit Commonwealth Yes / Bukit Jalil Park No [In reply to] Can't Post

hey guys,

Yeah! I am sure you can bring your furkids to both bukit Jalil or Commonwealth!
Well, I bought Puppy and Wishes there a few times... at Commonwealth, we kept them leashed as there were a lot of people there and many are malays. While at Bukit Jalil statium, we found a spot where there were less people around and we let them run wild!!! Sly hehehhehe...
Man, do they love it!

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 3, 2003, 9:48 AM

Post #7 of 9 (3478 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dogies] Bukit Commonwealth Yes / Bukit Jalil Park No [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi dogies,

Letting your furkids run abt wild is not really advise esp in a public place. This is dangerous esp when there is malays around who might happen to just drop by at the place and your dog might not know just jump on time for a friendly lick. disasterous ler...

cheers,
minglmy

dogies
Novice

Sep 4, 2003, 12:39 AM

Post #8 of 9 (3468 views)
Shortcut

Wink
hehe...don't worry...I am always careful with that part!
When there are any malays around, i would have them leashed up...well, at least my hubby would "command" me to Wink....i would always be so reluctant to leash them up but he would give me that Mad face so that I will leash them up WinkCoolCrazyLaughSly

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 4, 2003, 3:56 AM

Post #9 of 9 (3466 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dogies] Bukit Commonwealth Yes / Bukit Jalil Park No [In reply to] Can't Post

well, we better becareful than to regrets later on u know... I know exactly how u feel.... sometimes I don't like to see my 2 kids being on leash all the time too u know but what to do ? going out in public place they have ot be like that lor.

cheers,
minglmy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my