Bathing Dogs

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 17, 2003, 4:44 AM

Post #51 of 59 (1372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] Bathing Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

kinki is an outdoor dog and tends to play at the garden everyday. so she'll get very smelly after the 3rd of bath.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

kesuke
Doggyman

Oct 17, 2003, 5:34 AM

Post #52 of 59 (1371 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Bathing Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

oh i see.....okie then...but be sure to use a somewhat milder shampoo since you're gonna bathe her often.....Smile

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 17, 2003, 5:38 AM

Post #53 of 59 (1370 views)
Shortcut

ya, i bought kinki 2 types of shampoo. on tuesday, she'll be using DINO's which is suppose to prevent ticks. on saturday, she'll be using BIO-groom.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

kesuke
Doggyman

Oct 17, 2003, 5:40 AM

Post #54 of 59 (1369 views)
Shortcut

waahh......like that ah??

not gonna try frontline or others?

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 17, 2003, 5:51 AM

Post #55 of 59 (1368 views)
Shortcut

ya, i did bought her a spray that cost me RM45. i think it is more expensive than frontline, cause i need to reappply every time after her bath.
the pet shop owner recommend it to me because, he said that frontline is too strong for puppy.

and from what i read from some websites, the brand that i bought is more natural and contain low chemical.

Pacco de Mongrel

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Oct 17, 2003, 8:04 AM

Post #56 of 59 (1364 views)
Shortcut

hi amanda,

hmm..wht brand is tht?..as i know frontline is around 70 for the big bottle..u dont need to use it if your dog does not have fleass..yeah uppies normally its not recommended to use those sprays unless its necessary..u could try this shampoo tht is called neem..its medicated and it does works..ive tried on my dog and it does kill off the fleas..well obviously its not so effective as sprays but if u want something tht is mild than this is good..as for your bathing..try not to bathe him too much..it will dry his skin...instead of washing all the time...get a towel and some warm ater and just give him a good rub once every two days or u could do it daily if u like..tht's wht i do with my dog when he's not feeling well or when i have no time to bathe him...ehhehee..hope my advice helpsSmile
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 18, 2003, 1:24 AM

Post #57 of 59 (1355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] Bathing Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

is Natural Chemistry. De Flea Pet & Area Spray.
beside spraying on her coat i also use it to spray around the balcony where she use to sleep at night and every corner of the house that she like to sleep on. that's why i finish up the bottle of spray in a month time.
btw, i'll try not to bath her so oftenly and will also try out your method.

Pacco de Mongrel

A Friend
Dog Kichi

Dec 31, 2003, 5:41 PM

Post #58 of 59 (1316 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sun-arrow] Bathing Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

My little Charis (a Maltese Shih-Tzu mixbreed) does not seem to like bathing much. But since she is so small, she has no choice by to allow me to bathe her! Sly The most difficult part to me is drying her fur with the hair-dryer...I need my mum to hold her while I ruffle her hair and blow-dry it. Otherwise she keeps running away. It takes about half an hour to dry her fur. I enjoy doing it although after I finish bathing her, I myself need a bath, hahaha.

--------------------
SHERMAN YL KUEK
Father to Charis & Chayim

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 8, 2004, 5:27 AM

Post #59 of 59 (1308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [A Friend] Bathing Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

good thing shalom 10 weeks is ok with showers.

i bathe her in the bath tub. use warm water. like my other dogs previously, she has understood stay and no shaking until i walk away.

first few times susahlah. wet must shake.

basically when you see your dog about to shake. hold them firm and say no. and when you step back and they give the i wanna shake look...again reaffirm the "NO" and say STAY. when you are a safe distance away, say shake. at first they won;t know what is shake. but when you see them shake...you say SHAKE.

they will understand.Wink

so now whenever i shower my shalom or even my aunty's dogs, i am generally dry unless i wet myself or decide to jump into the bathtub itself to play with shalom...hehehe...shalom swims for a while in the bathtub..actually semi walk paddle. i still do not have the guts to put more water into the tub.Blush

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my