Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
German Shephard - Please Help

premanm
Novice

Aug 1, 2001, 9:54 PM

Post #1 of 4 (4103 views)
Shortcut
German Shephard - Please Help Can't Post

Hi ! I have a beautiful male german shephard. He is of the long fur variety and is one and half years old. He weighs in about 85 pounds and meets breed specification.

However his parents were imported by Gwenkens from UK ( Female) and Australia(Male) and the previous owner did not take the certs from Gwenken and as such when the dogs had a litter, the puppies ( my dog) does not have certs.

Initially I did not mind coz I do not intend to show him but since he has turned out so well it would be a waste to let the bloodline stop with him. Does anyone know how I can get a cert for him...ie will MKA examine him and verify he is pure bred or is there a pet lover out there willing to use him for stud purposes although he has no cert.

I just feel it would be a pity to let his bloodline die.

Gin
Novice

Aug 2, 2001, 11:25 AM

Post #2 of 4 (4098 views)
Shortcut
Re: German Shephard - Please Help [In reply to] Can't Post

Will it be economical to carry out test (if that can be done) to confirm its bloodline ? I believe the present method of registering canine is still one of the most economical , effective, though may not be the best way of controlling the breed quality. The ability to plant Microchip into the dog in the future will help Smile

premanm
Novice

Aug 3, 2001, 7:02 PM

Post #3 of 4 (4090 views)
Shortcut

If they do a bloodtest can they tell it is purebreed? Would MKA do this? Does anyone know how this works?

Gin
Novice

Aug 15, 2001, 11:05 AM

Post #4 of 4 (4080 views)
Shortcut

DNA test is possibly one of the ways. But then they must relate the results of the DNA test to DNA of the parents to confirm that your dog is the decedant of the UK and Australia GS that has been registered with Kennel recognised by MKA.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my