Grooming Powder....

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 26, 2003, 8:30 PM

Post #1 of 15 (2002 views)
Shortcut
Grooming Powder.... Can't Post

Hi there,
Just checking, anyone out there uses grooming powder on thier dogs? How do you use it and would you recommend that on a dark color coat dogs? Smile

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Aug 26, 2003, 10:37 PM

Post #2 of 15 (1993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Grooming Powder.... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi jaz,

grooming powder can be used on all colour coat..its ok to use on dark coat but make sure u brush it out all the residue..u dont want ur dog to look like a old man with all those powder on it...i used the powder whenever the dog is wet and i dont wanna bathe him..i apply powder on it and then brush it out..its something like a dry cleaning for dogs lah..eehhe
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 27, 2003, 4:31 PM

Post #3 of 15 (1984 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] Grooming Powder.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh I see.... so it can be applied directly if your dog's coat is still wet? won't it turn sticky or lumpy? Yeah.. since Jaz is blue tan, I find it really frustrating brushing out all the powder.... but she smells good after that... Smile

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Aug 28, 2003, 7:26 AM

Post #4 of 15 (1974 views)
Shortcut

hi jaz,

nah it wont..dont worrrry..in fact ive tried it on a dark colour dog and as u say..its hard to remove all without them looking like a grey dog..ahaha..oh ya..u could use a blowdryer to blow it off after u have brush it off to remove the rest..ehheheh..
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 30, 2003, 10:28 PM

Post #5 of 15 (1957 views)
Shortcut

Thanks! I will try that, but I find my dog's abit 'dry' so I've stop using hair dryer to dry her once she's out from shower.... I will comb dry her instead... very 'cham' and time consuming, but no choice.. but do you use it frequently and all the time or only when your dog's abit wet or start to smell?

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Aug 30, 2003, 10:39 PM

Post #6 of 15 (1956 views)
Shortcut

hi jaz,

well to tell u frankly ive never used it on my own dogs..heheWink..i used it on the dogs that i groomed...so i cant say how often should u use or when? when u feel that u need to freshen him up or maybe clean him out then u can give him a dust,.as for blow drying..use cool air instead rather than hot..or warm air is good..try using some coat shine or some oil spray to prevent the hair from drying..spray it on while the dog is towel dried and then proceed on with your blowing n brushing..it helps.Smile

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 30, 2003, 10:51 PM

Post #7 of 15 (1955 views)
Shortcut

Oh yeah.. why didn't I thought of that!! Yes, I have the Mink Oil Spray, which I can now spray on Jaz before I blow dry... very good idea... to prevent dry hair... thanks! Smile

2ephyr
ALPHA

Aug 31, 2003, 10:54 AM

Post #8 of 15 (1944 views)
Shortcut

i used it on brooklyn as well....just tat after using u can see white patches of powder on him coz he got dark coat ma.Tongue

shirleylim19
Novice

Sep 1, 2003, 9:59 AM

Post #9 of 15 (1934 views)
Shortcut

Hey jazSmile,

I'm curious bout the mink oil spray that you mention at ur previous post...could you pls tell me more bout it or maybe you could suggest any other products that are good cuz everytime when i blow dry my silky he's hair gets pretty dryUnsure and i'm afraid that too much blow drying might eventually damage his hairFrown....hope to hear from you soon..thanksSmile

lulugurl
ALPHA

Sep 1, 2003, 11:12 AM

Post #10 of 15 (1932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shirleylim19] Grooming Powder.... [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHello,

Currently we are using one from Bi*groom. It's the condiotioner from them. They have a nice smell too, i've tried today on Jaz, the coat is not that dry anymore.. Try combing dry them first then spray abit of the condiotioner here and there abit then start blow drying them.Use cool air when u blow dry them, not the hot or warm one. i thin better that way.Smile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 1, 2003, 4:45 PM

Post #11 of 15 (1931 views)
Shortcut
Re: [2ephyr] Grooming Powder.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, like what Ritchi says.. you've got to comb it out! Smile

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 1, 2003, 4:49 PM

Post #12 of 15 (1930 views)
Shortcut

As what Lulugurl mentioned, it's just like your hair... it would be pretty damaging if you kept blow drying your hair... if you don't have mink oil, you can also use olive oil... or you can use rain water too... at least give it some moist... Smile

shirleylim19
Novice

Sep 1, 2003, 11:13 PM

Post #13 of 15 (1925 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] Grooming Powder.... [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileThanks a lot for the advice you guys!!SmileIts sure good to have this forum around when you have some questions to ask or not sure bout sumthin...Plus you guys sure do answer them fast!!Laugh Monte's my first so i'm pretty blur bout certain things but I'm slowly learning day by day on how to take better care of my baby!!!Wink

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 2, 2003, 8:08 PM

Post #14 of 15 (1916 views)
Shortcut

Hey, no worries at all, we all are still learning as well Smile

lulugurl
ALPHA

Sep 4, 2003, 8:12 AM

Post #15 of 15 (1907 views)
Shortcut

Welcome, thats wat the forum is for.Smile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my