Any breeder that sells GR?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

huh
New User

Aug 24, 2003, 7:22 AM

Post #1 of 34 (3955 views)
Shortcut
Any breeder that sells GR? Can't Post

I wanna get one GR pup. Hope to knows some breeders and get in good price. Erm...kinda expensive if buying from the pet shops. Do anyone knows any breeder?..... Really hope u guyz can introduce them to me. Thanx.

JolinG
Doggyman

Aug 25, 2003, 10:41 AM

Post #2 of 34 (3942 views)
Shortcut
Re: [huh] Any breeder that sells GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

u can call mka for breeders number....

or go to dog shows n ask those ppl showing GR...most of them are home breeders

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 25, 2003, 7:17 PM

Post #3 of 34 (3937 views)
Shortcut

... Hello ...

JolinG's idea/suggestion that you go to a dog show - is a great idea ... go look at the GRs there and meet the breeders yourself ... Meet people who own GRs - speak with them - learn from them -

Buying a pure breed dog is NOT JUST ABOUT paying the price or looking for the cutest puppy ...

Puppies grow up - and what they will be like when grown up depends very much on how their parents, their bloodlines, and the kind of breeder ...

Not all breeders are the same and not all GRs are the same ... whether you are looking for a pet or show dog ... you must do your own research into the breed and research the breeder too ...

Consider the qualities you are looking for in your dog ...

(a) Do you want good health? ... If you want good health and soundness in your dog - then you must find an ethical, knowledgeable & responsible person or breeder who has bred for good health ... Unhealthy dogs produce unhealthy puppies ... People who don't know better or breeders who don't care (and only breed to make money) often breed unhealthy puppies for sale to the unsuspecting new owners ... and you may well end up with a dog with genetic defects, inherited diseases or low immunity ... all of which may be hidden at puppy stage ... and you will end up heartbroken ...

(b) Do you want good temperament? ... If you want good temperament (meaning, good steady personality, no aggressiveness or viciousness, and intelligence) in your dog - then you must find an ethical, knowledgeable & responsible person or breeder or breeder who has bred for good temperament ... Dogs with bad temperament often breed puppies with suspect temperament ... Bad breeders don't care what they breed as long as it sells ... Unknowledgeable people who don't know any better also run the danger of producing puppies with poor temperament ...

The magic about a GR is its wonderful intelligence and temperament - don't accept anything less ... GR's are lovely friendly dogs ... easy to train, lovely to have at home ... great with people & kids ... but these are qualities that will only be maintained by ethical, knowledgeable & responsible breeders ...

(c) Do you want show quality? ... Are you looking for show conformation (meaning physical characteristics & structure good enough to show)? ... If you are, then once again you need to find a breeder who breeds to specifically to improve the breed ... Poor breeders seldom maintain any quality conformation ... It doesn't matter how many Titles appear in the certificate ... breeding show quality dogs is more than just putting 2 dogs with titles together ...

There are plenty of people in this forum who own GRs ... check the "gundog" postings ... write to them & learn as much as you can before buying a GR ... learn from our mistakes ...

Here's wishing you the best in your search ... SmileSmileSmile

Cheers

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 26, 2003, 11:20 PM

Post #4 of 34 (3922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] Any breeder that sells GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

hey that is a brilliant idea, to ask ppl showing GR at shows...have never thought of that

but on other hand, those ppl are often too busy at their shows la :/ want to ask a bit also no chance.

regards,
hunter

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 26, 2003, 11:25 PM

Post #5 of 34 (3923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Any breeder that sells GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

interesting, interesting.

but how do u actually determine if that particular dog the breeder is trying to sell has the traits that he claim the dogs has?

for ex, dogs with NO genetic defects, good temperament dogs and etc, for non-experts, we can't tell if those pups are as good as they claim to be :/ also it's not quite possible to do a health checkup for the puppy first before purchasing the it.

often innocent buyers who hoped for the best puppies ended up with dogs with hip problems, inherited defects and etc. really, it's not easy to find a good and responsible breeder nowadays. how sad, how sad.

regards,
hunter

JolinG
Doggyman

Aug 26, 2003, 11:55 PM

Post #6 of 34 (3920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Any breeder that sells GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

ahha cannnnnnnn can ask wat

infact if u ask they would be so happy to hear form u loh....

like me if ppl ask bout my ckcs...so bangga lar..

u planning to get another wan arh.....i also wan GR lar...but then

sigh.....UnimpressedPirate

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 27, 2003, 1:08 AM

Post #7 of 34 (3913 views)
Shortcut

Hello ... Smile

Say, how is Hunter's foot/feet? ... better I hope ... SmileSmileSmile

You wrote: " ... but how do u actually determine if that particular dog the breeder is trying to sell has the traits that he claim the dogs has? ..."

A wise breeder wrote (and I paraphrase) " ... if you want to know what a puppy is going to be like then look at the sire & dam. If the sire or dam is in Outer Mongolia ... go there by hook or by crook - get on a horse ... but go see the parents ... otherwise beware! ..."

The hallmark of responsible breeders is the love they have for their dogs, their breed and the pride and joy they take from their breeding.

I (personally) would be extremely cautious of any breeder who is reluctant or refuses to let me see his kennel or the parents of the puppies. A responsible breeder will invariably allow you to visit their kennel and meet with the parents of the puppies. If one parent is not available, they will tell you where you can view that parent.

I would visit the breeder's kennel, check the condition & temperament of his/her dogs and watch how the breeder interacts with his/her dogs ... Smile ... And I would expect a responsible breeder to ask me as many questions as I have for him/her ... A responsible breeder will have time & patience for me (regardless of my inexperience) ... and will also want to find out as much as they can, about me ... SmileSmileSmile

Good breeders do not hide - they are happy to show & share, and will seek to find the best owners possible for their babies.

This is a site that outlines some of the marks of a good breeder: http://www.canismajor.com/dog/responbr.html

You also write: " ...but on other hand, those ppl are often too busy at their shows la :/ want to ask a bit also no chance ..."

Always got chance ... Smile... people who really love dogs - have nothing but time to talk about their dogs ... given a chance they will even talk about the texture of dog poop ... Tongue ... A breeder who has no time (or who is not prepared to make time) to speak about their dogs or their breeding ... *hmmm* ... Unsure ... 'nuff said ...

Yes, you are right ... it can be a little difficult to find good breeders ... but they are there ... As dog owners we have a responsibility too, to ourselves and to the baby we wish to find ... we need to be a little more careful ... learn a little more ... and be prepared to spend a little more time searching ... Smile

Hugs to Hunter ... get well soon ...

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Aug 27, 2003, 2:02 AM)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 27, 2003, 7:45 AM

Post #8 of 34 (3908 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i also wan GR le.. but then.. (sigh also) :/

since the topic was brought up, thought i'd keep the info for "future reference". hehe.

regards,
hunter

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 27, 2003, 8:03 AM

Post #9 of 34 (3906 views)
Shortcut

hi,

thanks for concern, hunter's feet is healin' up pretty fast now :)

really good points u have there. so the bottom line is, look at the sire and dam in search of a healthy puppy.

to be frank i have not even visited a kennel before my whole life :/ and all i've heard from people are breeders are bad, bad, bad people. perhaps part of the mistake of purchasing a sick pup was also owner's fault of not researching more and find a reputable breeder (perhaps they were too eager to get a cute pup- i think that's the BIGGEST mistake that most of us make)

point taken, good breeders do exist. lol, the next time i'm choosing a dog, i make sure i round up all the good breeders in Malaysia like a herd of sheeps.

regards,
hunter

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 27, 2003, 8:54 AM

Post #10 of 34 (3904 views)
Shortcut

Hunter will heal fast for sure ... he looks like a real healthy doggie ... Smile ...

Read what your vet said ... *hmmm*... not sure about that but guess most of us don't have easy access to beaches & the sea anyway ... so the issue is kinda moot ... Laugh ...

Yes ... many of us make the mistake of not checking enough ...

We learnt our lesson the hard way with our first 2 dogs ... Unsure ... But in many ways we benefited too - had to learn so much about training, dog ailments and proper feeding to try and undo & remedy bad breeding ...

You won't believe the lengths we went to, to find our RRidgebacks ... LOL ... went completely to the other extreme even ... SmileCrazy

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 27, 2003, 8:59 AM

Post #11 of 34 (3899 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG, Hunter] Any breeder that sells GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

... Hey you two ... what about Labs? ... you don't like Labs ah??? ... Smile

Check out these Lab sites ...

www.blackboykennels.com.au/welcome.html
www.rocheby.fsnet.co.uk/

... They have dogs to die for ... salivate even ... LOL

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 27, 2003, 9:41 AM

Post #12 of 34 (3899 views)
Shortcut

wow, I'm impressed with the infos you have provided. This would definitely help lots of those who is looking for a pups. Good job !

cheers,
minglmy

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 27, 2003, 10:15 AM

Post #13 of 34 (3897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Any breeder that sells GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

... thanks so much ... Blush ...

Have had pain & hearthache caused by bad breeding and irresponsible breeders ... Would like to help others avoid the same ...

Have also had the luck to meet some wonderful breeders ... who have brought much joy into our lives and taught us so much ... that we willingly share ... Smile

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 27, 2003, 8:00 PM

Post #14 of 34 (3891 views)
Shortcut

hi,

so where'd u get ur RRs? how far did u go to find the parents...???

regards,
hunter

Trivor
K9 Servant

Aug 27, 2003, 8:49 PM

Post #15 of 34 (3888 views)
Shortcut

Hello Huh,
I hope you have read through every thread here. They are very informative and meaningful.
1st of all, don't ever go for the price and look. Sometimes you need to pay extra more to get a better deal and some extend of gurantee. I myself got a cheap puppy from cheap breeder and ended up paying high medical bill Frown but that is of of the story...
I know a good breeder, which i intended to get from him next time. Pls email to me as I don't intend to "advertise" him here. How to consider good? As we have continuos email communication for a year. But problem is you need to wait as he allows his female dog to breed once a year only and for 3 years only. So, it is pretty "difficult" to get his puppies Crazy hahaaa....
yeah, my email is" lohs . Price? You can find out personally from him.
Best of luck!!

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 27, 2003, 9:06 PM

Post #16 of 34 (3887 views)
Shortcut

... Smile ... That is a long story ... Laugh ... maybe better if I email you ...

Just boring you is okay lah ... but don' wan to bore everybody here ...Smile

s

cdmoo
ALPHA

Aug 28, 2003, 12:18 AM

Post #17 of 34 (3880 views)
Shortcut

hi surchinmy,

I'm very disturbed by your URLs.. U made me very tempted to import one Smile

Those r simply gorgeous!

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

Riccaval
ALPHA

Aug 28, 2003, 12:45 AM

Post #18 of 34 (3878 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Any breeder that sells GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

Smilehaha cd.....what r u waiting for.

really 'lau how sui' man get one and join us for the dog show. and ask boon and wkser to get one also. import in bulk cheaper. hahahaTongue

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 28, 2003, 12:52 AM

Post #19 of 34 (3875 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Any breeder that sells GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

*arrrgh* ... Know exactly what you mean even ... SmileSmileSmile...

cdmoo
ALPHA

Aug 28, 2003, 1:02 AM

Post #20 of 34 (3871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Any breeder that sells GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Derrick,

I wonder how much .. Would the Aussie version cheaper than U.K version?

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

JolinG
Doggyman

Aug 28, 2003, 1:17 AM

Post #21 of 34 (3869 views)
Shortcut

oooh oooh..keep me in mind also!!!
if u found one next time i also wan to VIew ehhehe
maybe could even get littermates!!
but then....its only wishfull thinking!
ahahhaWinkTongue

JolinG
Doggyman

Aug 28, 2003, 1:22 AM

Post #22 of 34 (3867 views)
Shortcut

labs are alright(have to say this lar..dun wan to offend ppl with labs)

but i prefer dogs with coat....i just find them nicer...thats my preference lar...not trying to dissuade anybody or anything!!Wink

long coat or short coat they also shed wat..so......long coat lar....i char bor wat..like to comb here comb there...like playing with dolls..ehheTongueTongue

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 28, 2003, 2:28 AM

Post #23 of 34 (3864 views)
Shortcut

Ah soo ... understand ... u wan long coated hunting dog or not? ... called Shih Tzu ...

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 28, 2003, 4:20 AM

Post #24 of 34 (3861 views)
Shortcut

helloSmile

don't forget to share with me your adventure too Smile

and also why you chose the RR's Smile

if you're a little busy, no worries..can always meet up and have a story telling session.

P.S. are you going to the Sept. 14th gathering?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 28, 2003, 5:52 AM

Post #25 of 34 (3857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Any breeder that sells GR? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sure thing ... Smile ... will tell you the Long Story and bore you too ...

*Hmmm* ... 14th Sept ... that would be fun ... will try and make it ... and see how many doggies we can bring ... Smile ...

As for choosing RRs ... I saw my first RR a long long long time ago when I was still in college ... during summer holidays, I visited a friend in the West Indies ... and her dad had a brace of RRs ... I thought they were beautiful ... great looks & temperament ... Over the years, I never quite forgot them ... and when the time was right for doggies ... I searched for RRs ...

Never too busy for doggies I guess ... Laugh ...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my