Greetings!

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2002, 10:44 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1897 views)
Shortcut
Greetings! Can't Post

Hello everyone,
My name's Ivan and I'm hoping to find some useful tips on beagles. This is the first time I'm seriously considering adopting a dog and I hope all you nice people can help. Any suggestions or advice from anyone? By the way, is it normal if a breeder tells me that he has paid for the registration and microchip, but I would have to bring the pup to the vet for it to be microchipped?

Many thanks in advance.

arthur
ALPHA

Aug 17, 2002, 12:16 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snoopydog] Greetings! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ivan,
Welcome to the forum! And it's good that you are doing some research before adopting the dog of your dreams. There are some beagle owners here whom I believe wouldn't mind sharing some tips and pointers with you. It is sort of customary here for new members to introduce ourselves in this forum. Maybe a little bit more backgrd about you other than your name?
In answer to your query rdging microchipping the pup, by right, as a buyer, you should NOT be doing all this. It is the breeder responsibility to ensure all this procedure and paperwork is done for you. However, by mutual agreement, you may elect to carry out the microchipping by bring the pup to the vet. However, make sure the vet signs the form stating that he has done it and return this form back to the breeder for him to get the birth cert for your pup. Rdgs Arthur

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2002, 2:19 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1878 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Greetings! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Arthur. Here's a bit more about myself. I've always loved dogs and come from a family which never was without a dog. Unfortunately, our mixed breed ChiHuaHua passed away recently (he was 13 human years old). Now that my wife and I have a home to ourselves, we are really looking forward to owning a beagle. I also love to couch myself in front of the TV during weekends. Ah but of course, when the beagle comes, I doubt I'll have much more time watching telly. Hope you people know me a bit better now.

arthur
ALPHA

Aug 17, 2002, 6:31 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1870 views)
Shortcut

Hi Snoopydog!

Thks for sharing a bit more about yourself. So you have your heart set out for a beagle! Be prepared to be entertained. I'm a Schnauzer fan myself (the beared rascals!) but looking at a beagle never fails to bring a smile to my face. Why? cos' them beagle face seems to have a happy grin set permanently just like a dolphin! Have you shortlisted any puppies yet? Rdgs Arthur

les
K9 Maniac

Aug 17, 2002, 8:55 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1868 views)
Shortcut

Hello Ivan... welcome to the BIG family! Cool

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Aug 19, 2002, 4:16 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1859 views)
Shortcut
Re: [les] Greetings! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks. In fact, just over the weekend, I've actually singled one out. It's about 6 wks old but I was advised by the breeder to wait for another week before bringing it home, mainly to let the vaccine set in for while first. Yes, it's a "she" . So, I guess once she's home, hopefully I'll make more postings to the forum to let you all know how things go, and of course, to ask for invaluable advice. Ciao!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my