Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: General: Chit Chat:
Those days~~ meant for 70's & 80's babies...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 Next page Last page  View All

Elly
ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 6:38 AM

Post #1 of 664 (60946 views)
Shortcut
Those days~~ meant for 70's & 80's babies... Can't Post

If you're born in the late 70's or early 80's....you'll remember all these...Smile:

You grew up watching He-man, Transformers,Thundercats (*my fav) Wink, Silver Hawk and Mickey Mouse.
Not to forget, Ninja turtles, Mask and Smurfs too.
Girls watched Japanese cartoon like -"Xiao Tian Tian",
Hua Xian Zi" etc.

You grew up brushing your teeth with a mug in primary school after recess time. You squatted by a drain with all your classmates beside you, and brushed your teeth with a colourful mug. *remember, remember??Laugh

Remember the days when the school nurse, comes with a list for the dentist appointment,the sound of the drilling when ur friend has a fill in his tooth.

You remember the packets of milk we get in primary school to encourage us to drink more milk.

* I personally love the "Jagung" favour one! Tongue

In secondary school, girls go to the library to borrow their favourite romance storybook. In secondary
school, girls altered their school skirt to shorten it and guys will go to the school appointed school
uniform tailor shop to tailor make their school trousers to the then fashionable "baggy pants"!

During primary school days, the teacher will punish you using a ruler to hit your palm. A bowl of noodles
soup cost only 40c in primary school days. When you were in primary school, girls like to go to the
bookshop to buy cute stuff such as animal erasers, sharpeners, notebook etc.

In secondary school days, you buy the Bata BM Turbo school shoes. Some guys like to wear those china made ankle high shoes. Some even like to wear those very thick socks with their school shoes.

Internet? E-mail? What the hell is that? So you thought a decade or more ago. Your friends don't have
pagers or handphones in school.

CDs? What's that? Cassette tapes were the norm.

Movie tickets used to cost less than $5 last time.

The goodies from Mama shop used to be Mamee, Ka ka,Kum Kum, Ding Dang choco balls (with toys in the box),colourful hard "egg", "cigerette" chocolate, pink bottle of bubbles, and small tubes with yellow sticks
to blow "more lasting" bubbles that you can pop more air in or slam it on. You never forget 'Ti Kam'.

When exams are over, the board games (eg: UNO, Monopoly, CLUEDO)(* I got monopoly & Cluedo at home now...am good in cluedo!Angelic) & hand held video games will be all over the class room. Girls will start playing 'batu seremban'.

Your favourite sound is the bell! For it's the homemade ice cream man. The cream that tops Haagan
Dazs!The pink colour ice-cream with eyes plus a wide smile.

Another bell is the recess bell, a time to get away from school work and to eat. Another time when there
is no bell but all guys will anxiously wait for it...The PJ, PE time(time for football)

your favourite childhood games were playing "guli"(marbles), five stones, zero-point, catching, and/or "Pepsi-Cola one two three"!

The best thirst quencher of all times is the yummy colourful ice tubes you can buy from provision shops.
To eat them, break the tab and suck while holding the freezing tube!

All gals have a barbie doll/strawberry shortcake/my little pony/pound puppy, while all boys have a star
wars figurine or a rubber band catapult that shoots folded paper!

Once was the era whereby ice-cream sticks were valueable items, than came the paper aircrafts, chalk
fights.

Everyone envies the class monitor and his assitant, cos they were the ones who can come up with the daily duty roster, giving names to teacher on who makes the most noise.Crazy

The elite group are the prefects, the one with license to move around, they consider themselves above the law.Sly

Some boys made their own guns from wood,and used 'Bacali' as the bullets. Some even used matches to
shoot and burn kids'lanterns during MoonCake Festival.

And your favourite holiday was Lunar New Year!New clothes, ang pow shopping, junk food and family
outings! (YEAH...WITH ALL THE FIRE CRACKERS AND LION DANCES...)

Cheers to the 70's & 80's babies!!!

GONE ARE THE GOOD OLD DAYS HUH? DOES READING THIS BRINGS YOU BACK TO THE GOOD OLD TIMES?

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2003, 7:07 AM

Post #2 of 664 (60941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Elly] Those days~~ meant for 70's & 80's babies... [In reply to] Can't Post

hello,

I wasn't born in the same "era" but hey, I liked watching the "oldies" cartoons like He-man, Transformers,Thundercats Mickey Mouse, Ninja turtles,and Smurfs too.Smile

and i played batu seremban tooSmile with my friends and mom!
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

ashley
ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 7:08 AM

Post #3 of 664 (60938 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Elly] Those days~~ meant for 70's & 80's babies... [In reply to] Can't Post

"GONE ARE THE GOOD OLD DAYS HUH? DOES READING THIS BRINGS YOU BACK TO THE GOOD OLD TIMES? "

Ya really miss the old times.........................

I like mickey mouse, thunder cat,Tom and Jelly !!I still remember when is school holiday i will wake up early and sit infront of the TV watching CARTOON !! I'm cartoons fans!! I only like those animal cartoon, dont like the fighting except the Thunder cat b'cos of the cat loh!! LaughTongue

Barbies Doll i also got but broken lia cos destroy by my little frend!! Unsure

My hobby for primary is collecting cartoon sticker, now no more loh.... TongueBlush

~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

(This post was edited by ashley on Aug 21, 2003, 7:19 AM)

Elly
ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 7:22 AM

Post #4 of 664 (60932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Those days~~ meant for 70's & 80's babies... [In reply to] Can't Post

ah...tell me about smurfs...Smile

I dont know how to play batu Seremban though...kekekekeke

those days~~~~~

Hey, congrats on ur Alpha status....!Wink

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 7:51 AM

Post #5 of 664 (60929 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] Those days~~ meant for 70's & 80's babies... [In reply to] Can't Post

ahaha...my favourite would be my little pony...
miss those days...
my first cinema movie,Mutant Ninja Turtles The Movie..my elder bro would bring me for movies where we still can nibble on our "kua chi-s"..now TGV and GSC where bagi..remember those old seats??and god-knows-what were crawling on the cinema floor??ahaaaa......

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 8:11 AM

Post #6 of 664 (60927 views)
Shortcut

ooh ooh ooh!

Thunder thunder thunder thunder CAAATS!!!!!!!!!~~~

oh. and ~
teenage mutant ninja turtles...
teenage mutant ninja turtles...
turtles in the hard shell..
turtle power~~~~~~

lalala. i still remember the lyrics :))

btw, was this extracted from some forwarded mail? i've received a mail somethin' like this as well

regards,
hunter

Elly
ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 8:22 AM

Post #7 of 664 (60923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Those days~~ meant for 70's & 80's babies... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah....

all from a forwarded mail...I wont be that great to write all these out by myself...TongueTongueTongue

hihihihihih.....Angelic

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2003, 8:23 AM

Post #8 of 664 (60924 views)
Shortcut

thanksSmile

Crazyunfortunately, i can't remember much..really young that time

but they were really cute and i think they had names like "papasmurf" Smile they had interesting adventures too...what else arh...? Crazy

batu seremban's funSmile in primary school we used to play that..along with "skipping rope" made out of rubber bandLaugh
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

(This post was edited by RealityDreamer on Aug 21, 2003, 8:37 AM)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 8:25 AM

Post #9 of 664 (60924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Those days~~ meant for 70's & 80's babies... [In reply to] Can't Post

they're blue versions of ribena berries and wear white napkins instead of leaves.

regards,
hunter

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 8:30 AM

Post #10 of 664 (60919 views)
Shortcut

so u think which is better? the current or the past? :)

regards,
hunter

Elly
ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 8:33 AM

Post #11 of 664 (60919 views)
Shortcut

yeah....the rubber bane one....what Zero Point or something..hahahaahLaughLaugh

I always cannot jump one as am very fat during primary school...am fat also lah now..CrazyCrazy

Papasmurf...then got the one and only "female" smurf. Then the always have one mirror with him one...then what's the bad fella called ah..??? that one that always wanted to eat them one...and the bad bad cat!LaughLaugh

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2003, 8:38 AM

Post #12 of 664 (60915 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Those days~~ meant for 70's & 80's babies... [In reply to] Can't Post

the oldest one i think also had a white hat right?Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 8:40 AM

Post #13 of 664 (60914 views)
Shortcut

erm, all of them had hats. think papasmurf's is red. his pants is red too. calle fare smurfs wear white hats :/

difference is that oldest one got white beard, others dun have :)

regards,
hunter

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2003, 8:43 AM

Post #14 of 664 (60911 views)
Shortcut

there were alot of "stages"

can't remember whether or not it was called Zero point(sounds familiar though) but we usually play the "fire" and the jumping across one. first stage all can "touch" then second stage cannot "touch" then can't remember move on to what..i think i'm getting oldLaugh everything also can't remember
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

JolinG
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2003, 8:45 AM

Post #15 of 664 (60910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] Those days~~ meant for 70's & 80's babies... [In reply to] Can't Post

ahha yea man!Smile
i also collect stickers last time
collect those branded sandy lion stickers or something
sumore got furry furry wan then got glow in the dark wan....4 piece cost 4 bucks kind
then lil dear sis go destroy all then give frens n duno stick on wat...kesian..now all gone sobz sobz
then all my barbie doll wedding gowns this n that black colour edi...sumore all matching shoes all hilangs liows!Frown so sad

ginl
ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 8:47 AM

Post #16 of 664 (60909 views)
Shortcut

The female smurf is smurfette....the guy who wanted to eat them is Gargamel (not sure how to spell Crazy and the bad bad cat is Azrial (also dunno how to spell) but ohhh they were my fav!!! Laugh....elly what a brilliant post! I'm right smack in the middle of the 70s and reading it brings back a lot of memories....i loved Smurfs and Thundercats....admired Cheetarah Tongue....also loved Kum Kum and Ding Dang....used to save pocket money to buy them in order to get the toys heheh....oohh ohhh does anyone remember reading "Sweet Dreams" books during secondary school? I used to hv a lot of them! I think i owned close to 100 of those Sweet Dreams teenage lovey dovey series kekekeke, and also not forgetting Sweet Valley High stories....Elizabeth and Jessica the twins, Jessica being the evil twin.....wow just think back of those schooling days and how cheap the canteen food was in primary school! 10 cents for a glass of drink and 20 cents per packet for all the junk food Tongue

P/S - I hate Brainy smurf Crazy

(This post was edited by ginl on Aug 21, 2003, 8:49 AM)

Elly
ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 8:48 AM

Post #17 of 664 (60907 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] Those days~~ meant for 70's & 80's babies... [In reply to] Can't Post

Remember last time...that's this "Silverho" catalogue..where you can choose the design and print ur name on it...like Business Card. Angelic

Wow...I printed so many and konon lah....distribute to next class...hahahahha. Action!LaughLaughLaugh

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 21, 2003, 8:52 AM

Post #18 of 664 (60904 views)
Shortcut

elly,

i received this email too !

thundercats, transformers, my little pony, care bears, pink panther, He-man and etc....are all my favs cartoons.

cheers,
minglmy

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2003, 8:53 AM

Post #19 of 664 (60902 views)
Shortcut

oops..really got mixed upCrazy Tongue i was really young that time..hehe..cen't remember much except blue lil beings running around with some whit on themTongue

sorry
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2003, 8:56 AM

Post #20 of 664 (60899 views)
Shortcut

Smilehehe..today still got thoseSmile

a couple yrs ago i received some from my friends

and oh yea..i think they're still airing some of the cartoons like pink panther, carebears and he-manSmile

watched it like a few mths ago onlyTongue
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Elly
ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 9:00 AM

Post #21 of 664 (60899 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alpha LiPingWink,

There's always good and bad.....but what I missed the most is the lunch that my mom prepared for me whenever I got Class Tambahan in the afternoon.

Both my parents are very busy at work...so for my mom to cook me lunch....I tell u...will cry sometimes coz very very happy!...Smile

Elly
ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 9:11 AM

Post #22 of 664 (60897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Those days~~ meant for 70's & 80's babies... [In reply to] Can't Post

hahahahaha....wowwwwwwww!

You're good man! Cool Was asking Adrian just now what's the name of the bad fella in Smurf...kena sound pula me from himCrazy ...ask why middle of the night ask this kinna question?Unimpressed

And anyone remember He-Man cartoon...and She-rah? Dont talk about disney cartoons or cartoons like Scooby Doo lah, too common. Talk abt cartoon that our time got, and now dont. LaughLaughLaugh like......emm...... the gadget fella...Jack something.

and.......ah....our own local production cartoon like the kancil and buaya one. And the one that I like the most...the stupid monkey eat the chili one!!!...hahahahahahahaha...LaughLaughLaugh

We shd ask Mr Khoo / Mr Moo / and Mr Authur...what cartoons they watch during "those dayssss" ...Angelic

JolinG
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2003, 9:26 AM

Post #23 of 664 (60895 views)
Shortcut

yea yea i remeber those too!

wah if ppl from other class give u means your popular man n everybody wants u to have a piece of them!TongueTongue hehhee

but i never did order those.....dunno why....must be din have money or something

ahahhaWink

mackmack
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2003, 1:15 PM

Post #24 of 664 (60890 views)
Shortcut

Primary school... remember those Autograph we will pass around classmates and teachers??

*the person i like most*

*the food I like most*

.....................................................Cool

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

Elly
ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 5:59 PM

Post #25 of 664 (60882 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Those days~~ meant for 70's & 80's babies... [In reply to] Can't Post

wahahahahah....yeah I remember!!! and I think I still got one back at my home town....Wink

Hey...you promoting doggyman pah gua ah? The bonney loves the most one~~LaughLaugh

Shd ask Mr Khoo to put doggywoman leh.....Angelic

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my