Trainer in Penang

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Zeroveride0
New User

Aug 21, 2003, 4:43 AM

Post #1 of 29 (2652 views)
Shortcut
Trainer in Penang Can't Post

Hey there, I'm new here. And i just bought a K9. She is quite smart but the problem is, i donno how to train her. So iwas hoping if thee is any trainer around Penang or B.M? One that i can go to or somebody can just help me?

Thanks yaSly

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 8:03 AM

Post #2 of 29 (2643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Zeroveride0] Trainer in Penang [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

there's obedience training held at Japanese Garden in Penang by MKA weekly. perhaps u could enquire from MKA office there and register ur girl for obedience classes :)

regards,
hunter

i_idnic
Enthusiast

Aug 21, 2003, 8:37 AM

Post #3 of 29 (2639 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

About the training, Sunday 10a.m. in the morning as "hunter" mentioned the venue Japanese Garden go there and have a look. If your dog not yet finish the 3 vaccinations plz don't bring her there...

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 8:21 PM

Post #4 of 29 (2632 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,
Just incase you are wondering where about is the Japanese Garden located, it's the field behind Caltex station (before you reach Convent Green Lane)... It's next to Double Dragon Restaurant.
We'll be there on Every Sunday at 10am.. hope to see you there! Smile

Zeroveride0
New User

Aug 22, 2003, 3:55 AM

Post #5 of 29 (2626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Trainer in Penang [In reply to] Can't Post

erm... Thanks for all that. But i'm a bit ignorant to this kinnda stuff. What is MKA? What is this 3 vaccination shot? i know that my dog has taken one and will have to take one tom. but what does it do? BTW, can i just go there and watch but don't bring my dog? cos i stay at kedah and thats quite a journey. How old must my dog be to join the class? fees?

................................*puzzled*

Anyway, thanks ya

kesuke
Doggyman

Aug 22, 2003, 6:59 AM

Post #6 of 29 (2625 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Trainer in Penang [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Smile

how about personal trainers? anyone know if there are any dog trainers in penang?

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 22, 2003, 7:23 AM

Post #7 of 29 (2621 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] Trainer in Penang [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

seriously i dunno.. i'm not from penang also :p

actually u should consider joinin' the classes and training the dog on ur own instead of hiring personal trainers.. it's fun to do obedience with ur dog, if u have the time, that is.

also, think personal trainers are more expensive.

regards,
hunter

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 22, 2003, 7:25 AM

Post #8 of 29 (2621 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

There are actually personal dog trainer available in penang. If you do want the contact number, you mail me personally at woofmeowoof@hotmail.com But for me, i dont really prefer personal training, as
  1. Your dog dont get to socialize with other dogs
  2. You dont get to exchange doggie stuff/information/discussion with other dog owner
  3. You'll get to know more friends and your dog too!!
  4. For obedience, maybe your dog wont get used to the command with other dogs around or open space enviroment.
  5. We get to see alot of different breeds, sometimes unusual breeds that we dont get to see everyday.

This is just my opinion as i really do prefer training in a groupSmile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 22, 2003, 7:32 AM

Post #9 of 29 (2620 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

MKA is Malaysian Kennel Association. The club that normally organize obedience training class and dog shows for us. As long as your dog finishes the 3 jabs, he/she can join the class. There is obedince class held in penang and ipoh/taiping too. You can refer to this website for more information

The 3 vaccination jabs is for your dog own good. It will be best not to bring your dog out before it complete all jabs, as it will face the risk of contractind some virus or disease.Smile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 22, 2003, 7:43 AM

Post #10 of 29 (2619 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] Trainer in Penang [In reply to] Can't Post

good points u have there eve!

also, if send for personal training, it might take time for the dog to get used to your voice instead of the personal trainer's voice... different ppl got different tone of voice when giving command, so it'll be a little hard there.

i prefer group training as well~ it's like a primary school with many classmates !~

regards,
hunter

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 22, 2003, 6:36 PM

Post #11 of 29 (2615 views)
Shortcut

ahhaha...that is wat i get in return when i join obedience class. i've now stop attending class but still stop by occasionally. Jaz gets confused by show command and obedience, eg when i stop walking, she sit instead of stackingCrazyTongue i'm hoping to join again after jaz retire
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 22, 2003, 10:53 PM

Post #12 of 29 (2612 views)
Shortcut

hi,

lol. yeah, true. they'd get confused.. for dog shows u'd rather want them stand instead of sit right?

so how old u plan for Jaz to retire? since she is such a bright star now, hopefully she dun retire too early..

regards,
hunter

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 23, 2003, 2:44 AM

Post #13 of 29 (2607 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

I plan to retire her after she got her first title, then let her rest d..but i dunno if lisa plan is the same as mine. Her share is 70% so she has the say...ahhahaLaughTongue
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 23, 2003, 6:54 AM

Post #14 of 29 (2600 views)
Shortcut

oh. u 30% only ar. then no point talking about u regarding jaz retirement wahahahaha :)) (*joking*)

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 23, 2003, 7:43 AM

Post #15 of 29 (2596 views)
Shortcut

yalo..no point talking to me...Unsure as if you are trying to convince me into some sort of business lar..ahahaahLaugh
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 23, 2003, 8:00 AM

Post #16 of 29 (2593 views)
Shortcut

hiya,

but seriously, after a dog has achienved the Mal. Ch title, are there actually other more titles to gain :/ ??? i thought Mal Ch is already the top title that one dog could get.. (okay i know, stupid question :/)

btw, training at Japanese Garden in Penang is at morning? wouldn't it be hot for owners and dogs? ours here is at evenings

regards,
hunter

i_idnic
Enthusiast

Aug 23, 2003, 8:41 AM

Post #17 of 29 (2591 views)
Shortcut

After Mal Ch. still have 1 more title Gr Mal Ch. (the top title)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 23, 2003, 8:43 AM

Post #18 of 29 (2590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [i_idnic] Trainer in Penang [In reply to] Can't Post

so how many CCs needed to reach there :/???

regards,
hunter

i_idnic
Enthusiast

Aug 23, 2003, 8:49 AM

Post #19 of 29 (2589 views)
Shortcut

hehehe....I'm not too sure about it

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 23, 2003, 9:00 AM

Post #20 of 29 (2588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [i_idnic& li phing] Trainer in Penang [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

after getting her title(if possible), we plan to membotakkan her as advised and let her rest d. Then we'll see how it goes.

As for the title grand mal ch. i think we need to accumulate at least 13 cc and 2 best in group title. If not mistkane lar..

Traininng in penang in held during the morning, not very hot but normally we'll chit chat till noon, then verry hot lar..hahahahaTongue
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh

kesuke
Doggyman

Aug 23, 2003, 4:36 PM

Post #21 of 29 (2584 views)
Shortcut

hi hunter,

emm...yes i know it'd be fun to do training with my dog. just thought that it'd be better to have some help from a trainer.
not that i'm really gonna hire a personal trainer lah...just asking to see if there's any in case i really need one..Tongue

kesuke
Doggyman

Aug 23, 2003, 4:44 PM

Post #22 of 29 (2583 views)
Shortcut

hi...
i totally agree with what you say about training in a group.
just that my dog hasn't been trained before and i thought that by joining a group, he might not pay full attention to what he's being taught coz there are so many distractions and so many of his furry friends. so just to ask around lah...
i'll email you when i want the contact number. thank you! Smile

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 25, 2003, 6:56 AM

Post #23 of 29 (2573 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

my dog also did not join any sort of training till the age of 7 month. She was not used to having so many dogs around her as she has got wat ppl call 'single child syndrome' Crazy She was barking like mad on her first and also continues few training. But after socializing for some time, she got better and better and now she can even go for show without barking all the time and snapping at all the ppl there.Smile For some dog, maybe training in a group might make your dog pay more attention to you instead like my dog which is lack of security when she's outside... anyway, personal trainer also cost a lot..Blush
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh

kesuke
Doggyman

Aug 25, 2003, 11:14 PM

Post #24 of 29 (2566 views)
Shortcut

hmm....my dog is quite 'old' liao lah...already 2 yrs plus...so might be more diffucult to train..that's why i thought of seeking the help of a personal trainer. (btw, are the trainers good?)
anyway maybe i'll go check out the training. it's held on every Sunday right?

i_idnic
Enthusiast

Aug 25, 2003, 11:43 PM

Post #25 of 29 (2564 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

2+yrs old not old lah....I trained one of my dog when he was 3+yrs old no problems at all...Smile the only problem is owner has to be "PATIENT". Pay a visit to the Penang MKA obedience training ground "Japanese Garden" ....yupe every Sunday time 10am....

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my