New to KL, but with our two Bichon Frise

Ausranger
Dog Kichi

Aug 9, 2002, 12:38 AM

Post #1 of 10 (3017 views)
Shortcut
New to KL, but with our two Bichon Frise Can't Post

Hello Everyone

I've just found this web site and I'm hoping it will be useful. I've just arrived in KL with my two Bichon Frise. Niles is 7 yrs old male and Emmy 5 yrs old female. I've been very happy with the way they've settled into life in a condo as we've always had, at least a small backyard for them.

I've been wondering about what is available for dog owners here and I'm also desperate for the name of a good groomer.

Any feedback about where you can go with your dogs, places to shop for doggy things etc would be appreciated.

Regards

Dorothy

les
K9 Maniac

Aug 9, 2002, 12:48 AM

Post #2 of 10 (3015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ausranger] New to KL, but with our two Bichon Frise [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Dorathy,

You are WELCOME.. And I am happy to have u onboard with us. Guess what. My friend DoggieStyle is really crazy about Bichon Frise. He used to had one but the dog died in old age. He tried look frm other pet shop. But none of the pet shop have it.

Oh yeah.. If u are interested. You can visit the Padang Merbok somewhere near Jalan Gasing to see all doggis training at the field.. Smile And.. yes.. I'll be there too.. haha.. Laugh

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

cdmoo
ALPHA

Aug 9, 2002, 1:09 AM

Post #3 of 10 (3014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ausranger] New to KL, but with our two Bichon Frise [In reply to] Can't Post

hi ausranger,
Welcome to the forum!
R u from other state ? or another country?
"Ausranger" .. Aussie Ranger ? Wink
Tell us more, Dorothy Smile

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

les
K9 Maniac

Aug 9, 2002, 1:38 AM

Post #4 of 10 (3013 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] New to KL, but with our two Bichon Frise [In reply to] Can't Post

Hahaha.. I think must be Aussie Smile

Laugh

moonchild
Novice

Aug 9, 2002, 5:08 AM

Post #5 of 10 (3006 views)
Shortcut

hey there

a big welcome and big hugs, refering to the above statement from les, yeah my friend doggie_style will be dying to meet u and your two little ones (giggle) and do come so we can meet too...

doggie_style
New User

Aug 9, 2002, 5:44 AM

Post #6 of 10 (3003 views)
Shortcut

Hi, welcome to Malaysia. I used to have a Bishon Frise. It is quite hard to find Bishon in Malaysia. We use to groom for our Bishon last time and cut the hair short, cause the weather here is quite hot, unleast you have a air conditioned room to put them in. I think if you are looking for a good groomer, for start you can go to the local petshop. I just love Bishon, they are like cotton dogs.

Jimmy0216
Novice

Aug 10, 2002, 1:00 AM

Post #7 of 10 (2981 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ausranger,

Welcome to Wuf Wuf forum by Malaysian. Glad to have you onboard. If you stay in PJ, you can to Sec 14, My Pet House for Grooming, the are quite professional and reasonable price too, or you can log on to www.hydrobath.com for mobile services. Mid valley also have a pet shop with grooming service, but the price ah.. rather on the high side. Come to Padang Merbok, I be there this weekend.

Ausranger
Dog Kichi

Aug 10, 2002, 6:18 AM

Post #8 of 10 (2970 views)
Shortcut

Hi

Thanks for all the quick and welcoming replies. Yes, we're from Australia. Arrived in June for a two year work contract.

I can certainly understand anyone being crazy about Bichon's they are simple georgeous creatures and Niles is one of the most georgeous Bichon's you've ever seen. Unfortunately I think someone let him in on this fact at an early age. I sometimes think of them as big plush toys, especially after they've just been groomed and are all white and fluffy.

Les, I particularly like your Pug. Reminds me of one we had as children. I have absolutely no idea where Padang Merbok is, but think maybe I'll have to find out one weekend soon. I'm in Bangsar, rather than PJ, but as that's just around the corner I might try them out.

les
K9 Maniac

Aug 10, 2002, 10:05 AM

Post #9 of 10 (2963 views)
Shortcut

Hmm... if u have fax... U can call up MKA and ask them to fax u the map. Thats what I did before.. Smile

Laugh

kathleen.tay
Canine Addict

Aug 11, 2002, 12:55 AM

Post #10 of 10 (2950 views)
Shortcut

Hi Dorothy ,

Welcome aboard ... I'm Kathleen and have two dogs a Saint Bernard and Pekingnese mix .

With regards to the groomer you can try to call this person cos he does house call soit will be more convenient for u ... He's name is Ivan and can be contacted at 012 - 220 3713 .

And for your pet supply ... you can visit Pets Wonderland at Mid Valley Megamall cos it's very near to Bangsar . If u need help you can mail me at kathleen.tay@tancoresorts.com

Nice to know u n have a pleasant stay in Malaysia !

Kathleen
A Dog Never Lies About Love

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my