Where and how to train dogs

celinesm
Novice

Aug 17, 2003, 7:41 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1158 views)
Shortcut
Where and how to train dogs Can't Post

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here.

I'm going to get a puppy very soon and I'd like to ask where should I attend these 'training' classes. Where's MKA?

Is there a site for me to refer too? A site which teaches me how to toilet-train my dog or how to train him to walk by my side during walks?

I'm totally new at this. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

~ Celine

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 17, 2003, 8:09 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1154 views)
Shortcut
Re: [celinesm] Where and how to train dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

where are u situated? from what i know there are obedience classes held by MKA at PJ, Ipoh and Penang.

If you're in KL, there's obedience classes held at Padang Merbok, at PJ.. classes are held on Sundays for 10 weeks. they will teach u how to train your dog, ex, walkin' by your side during walks, sit, etc etc etc (toilet trained not included)

uhm, if u need more details on this, go check out the "Dogs and Puppy Training" section in this forum, all questions are answered there.

try this link : [url]http://www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=44520;page=4;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;[/url]

or u could also check out the other relevant threads from that section. Hope this helped.

regards,
hunter

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 17, 2003, 8:46 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1153 views)
Shortcut

hello,Smile

MKA's office or what?

this is their office add and no.:

The Malaysian Kennel Association
8A Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad Dua
Taman Tun Dr. Ismail
60000 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

Phone: 603 7729 2027
Fax: 603 7728 2312
Email: mkamalaysia@time.net.my

as for training, like hunter said..padang merbok, P.J. near jalan gasing..

"A site which teaches me how to toilet-train my dog or how to train him to walk by my side during walks? "

you're at oneSmile

or you can search the net or forum with the key words "dog traning"

hope this helps
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

celinesm
Novice

Aug 17, 2003, 4:15 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Where and how to train dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha! ^_^ sorry for sounding so silly. I just don't want to bug anyone too much. Thanks for the information, Hunter and RealityDreamer.

I live in Setapak. From another thread, I learned that the Jln Genting Klang vet is very friendly, so I'm not so worried now.

~ Celine

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 17, 2003, 5:49 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1143 views)
Shortcut

Smilehi

you're welcome..no worries, you weren't sounding silly and you weren't bugging anyone Smile we're all here to help one another.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 18, 2003, 3:33 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1139 views)
Shortcut

or u can look up at housebreaking
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

bubble
Novice

Sep 18, 2003, 9:36 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1088 views)
Shortcut

ummm... how bout training them ourselves? i mean, is there anywhere/anyway i can learn to train xiao hei DIY at home? de last time i took him in de car he vomitted (yucks!!! but i reassured him it's ok but cleaning up isn't so fun either). if possible i dowan to make him go thru dat ordeal again Frown i feel so bad.

i did go thru de forum topics but got a bit bit idea only... cannot form whole picture! then sometimes topic go serong Laugh fun to read but i'm anxious to start training him. else he might get into habits dat's hard to break later...

actually mine just a stray mutt but since i adopted him i feel dat i still hafta train him good Mad

advance thanks to anyone's help. Blush

appreciate, Bubble

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my