Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Dog Friendly Holiday Places

jasonlyh
Enthusiast

Aug 8, 2002, 9:38 PM

Post #1 of 12 (3635 views)
Shortcut
Dog Friendly Holiday Places Can't Post

Since Arthur created a dog friendly eating places, let me get this up and hope for some response. Been searching for a holiday resort that's dog friendly. Would like to bring my dog to a beach/hill resort but whether the place we stay would accomodate pets is another question. Only thing I can think of is to rent a bungalow and have it all for yourself. Aiks..but what will the bungalow caretaker thinks. Unsure Any good suggestions? GinL suggested Penang where beaches are plenty. Hmmm...maybe her place is available...hehe

arthur
ALPHA

Aug 8, 2002, 10:59 PM

Post #2 of 12 (3627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jasonlyh] Dog Friendly Holiday Places [In reply to] Can't Post

Wokay..here's my contribution.

There's a hotel in Penang where they allow dogs! Name is Vistana Hotel located at the Bukit Jambul Complexs, near the PISA stadium. We stayed there last December during the last MKA championship dog show at PISA, Penang. Guests check-in at the front desk as usual (BUT not with the wow-wows') Once the formalities are done, you use the lifts at the back area that will take you direct to the rooms/apartments. I have seen GSDs, Rotties, Dobermans in those lifts while we were there. We rented a 3 bedroom apartment that was shared by 7 humans and 4 doggies..2 schnauzers, a min.pinscher and a whippet! Wink

Address is 213, Jalan Bukit Gambir, Bukit Jambul , 11950 Penang. Tel: 04-6468000.

However, staying in hotels is okay for a night or 2, but for longer stays, I agree that renting a bungalow (with secure compound)is more practical.

Rdgs, Arthur

ginl
ALPHA

Aug 8, 2002, 11:21 PM

Post #3 of 12 (3623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Dog Friendly Holiday Places [In reply to] Can't Post

Waaahhhh I didn't know Vistana allows doggies....I thought all 3, 4, 5 star hotels don't allow dogs.

Anyway, in Penang they hv those residential apartments for short term rent (cater for those on holidays) near the beaches where you can rent and bringing your dog along shd not be a problem as most apartments here allow dogs. Bungalows for short term rent is hard to come by in Penang nowadays I think.

arthur
ALPHA

Aug 9, 2002, 1:09 AM

Post #4 of 12 (3618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Dog Friendly Holiday Places [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ginl,

Yes, I was kinda surprise myself on the Vistana Hotel offer. Most probably I will be staying there again this coming December for the end of the year MKA championship dog show in PISA, PEN.

Kind of you to share the info rdging aparments for rent by the beach in PEN. Any contacts that we can call or email for further inquires/bookings? I'm sure most members here will appreciate this info (if available)

Rdgs Arthur

les
K9 Maniac

Aug 9, 2002, 1:16 AM

Post #5 of 12 (3616 views)
Shortcut

Thank you for sharing the information. Smile

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

ginl
ALPHA

Aug 9, 2002, 11:24 PM

Post #6 of 12 (3597 views)
Shortcut

No I don't hv the contacts sorry....it depends on the availability of what apartments at the time you are inquiring....some of them go through agencies and some are by word of mouth. We used to rent them for the weekends for parties during the good ol college days Smile

les
K9 Maniac

Aug 10, 2002, 12:31 AM

Post #7 of 12 (3591 views)
Shortcut

I remember I spoke to a girl on the phone, she mentioned that she is frm Penang.. was it u? Ginl?

Laugh

ginl
ALPHA

Aug 10, 2002, 10:00 AM

Post #8 of 12 (3582 views)
Shortcut
Re: [les] Dog Friendly Holiday Places [In reply to] Can't Post

No Les it wasn't me you spoke to....maybe it was another ginl Tongue

les
K9 Maniac

Aug 10, 2002, 10:09 AM

Post #9 of 12 (3580 views)
Shortcut

o.. Okay then.. Frown

Laugh

alicia
Enthusiast

Sep 17, 2002, 6:39 AM

Post #10 of 12 (3547 views)
Shortcut

i am pretty new to the forum and was wondering if you could provide details of this dog friendly eating place. we would love to go and try it out.

also very glad to hear about vistana hotel allowing dogs. guess where i will be going for my next holiday?

alicia
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

lisachew

Sep 17, 2002, 4:32 PM

Post #11 of 12 (3537 views)
Shortcut

Hey guys

Check this link out ..

wildborneo.virtualave.net/main/help_dogs.html
Regards
Lisa

"A dash of lion, several teaspoons of rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of a beggar, a tablespoon of monkey, one part baby seal, and a dash of teddy bear." - shih tzu

hcyeap

Jan 16, 2003, 9:03 AM

Post #12 of 12 (3453 views)
Shortcut

Hi all,

surfing through the net to look for dog-friendly establishments, I came across this link http://aroom4u.com/...ysia/kualalumpur.htm which state that the Allson Genesis is a Dog friendly establishment. Will be calling to confirm...

Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my