First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

lulugurl
ALPHA

Jan 16, 2003, 3:23 AM

Post #76 of 93 (8719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buttons] Eating poo poo [In reply to] Can't Post

hie,

i heard that bathing the dog often can cause their fur to lose their shine and also make them shed.Crazy

you should try correcting your beagle for your own, your beagle and everyones good. and also in order to save your furkid been dejected by your parentSmile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

lulugurl
ALPHA

Jan 16, 2003, 3:58 AM

Post #77 of 93 (8718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] Eating poo poo [In reply to] Can't Post

something i get from the netIt's not really understood why some dogs eat their own poo. The solution is simple: clean it up before the dog has a chance to eat it. Take the dog out to poo, and pick up the poo immediately with a poo bag, rather than leaving the dog in the gardem with access to poo. Rabbit poo is considered a treat by many dogs, and doesn't appear to harm them.
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

buttons
Dog Kichi

Jan 16, 2003, 8:20 AM

Post #78 of 93 (8716 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Eating poo poo [In reply to] Can't Post

hey ginl

yes buttons alrite now ... back to her old active and naughty self ... i have separated buttons n murphy ...buttons will be stayin at my boyfrens place fer a month... i hope she comes back less aggresive :)

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 16, 2003, 8:36 AM

Post #79 of 93 (8714 views)
Shortcut

Hi Gina, I heard from somewhere that spaying is not recommended for smaller dogs.. that this would like reduces their lifespan.... also, they are not qualified to compete or enter dog competition, is that true??

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 16, 2003, 8:43 AM

Post #80 of 93 (8713 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] Eating poo poo [In reply to] Can't Post

learned something new today at work, one of my friend told me that besides giving our dog deworm tablets say once every three months, there's this thing that we should feed our dogs to avoid any chance for heart worm attack!!! this really came as a surprise to me as i havent' came accross anything such as this. Since i trust that you have experience and better exposure in this field, i am sure have a better explanation to share?

ginl
ALPHA

Jan 16, 2003, 9:32 AM

Post #81 of 93 (8712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Eating poo poo [In reply to] Can't Post

There are always two sides of arguments for a lot of our canine needs frm medical to nutritional topics...it is up to the owners to use their own judgement for the betterment of their dogs....frm what i've read spaying or neutering brings a lot of medical benefits, regardless of the breed or size...also spaying will eliminate unwanted pregnancy if you happen to hv an intact male in the hse and it will help curb some aggression issues in some females. This is also true for male dogs.

I know neutered dogs are not allowed in the comformation shows so I suppose it's also the same for the females though I'm not sure how the judges will know? I mean nothing visible frm the outside is being 'cut out'....for obedience trials, spaying/neutering is not a problem.

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 16, 2003, 4:15 PM

Post #82 of 93 (8709 views)
Shortcut

But what about the lifespan of the dog? Will it have any effect?

ginl
ALPHA

Jan 16, 2003, 5:41 PM

Post #83 of 93 (8707 views)
Shortcut

With the benefits in terms of medical in relation to spaying or neutering, yes it'll increase the lifespan of the dog....this is an article frm a website

Benefits of Spaying and Neutering

Spayed animals no longer feel the need to roam to look for a mate. The result is that they stay home and have less chance of being involved in traumatic accidents such as being hit by a car. They also have a much lower incidence of contracting contagious diseases, and get into fewer fights.

In males, neutering decreases the chances of developing prostatic disease and hernias, and eliminates the chances of developing testicular cancer. It also reduces problems with territorial and sexual aggression, inappropriate urination (spraying) and other undesirable male behaviors.

In Females, spaying decreases the incidence of breast cancer (the rate goes down to almost zero if the spaying is done before the first heat cycle!). It eliminates the chance of developing a serious and potentially fatal infection of the uterus experienced by many mature unspayed animals (pyometra). Spay surgery also eliminates the heat cycle and associated mood swings and undesirable behaviors, messy spotting (in dogs) and the attraction of all available males to your yard.

The simple fact is that spaying and neutering greatly increases the lifespan of your pet and increases quality of life as well!

wkser
ALPHA

Jan 16, 2003, 6:33 PM

Post #84 of 93 (8703 views)
Shortcut

hi jaz,

i did heard about it before but not very sure how does it work...i will ask my breeder and fellow friend....i will keep you update......i will bring nous for heartworm jab soon it will last for 6 months .....

regards
kangser and nous

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 17, 2003, 12:14 AM

Post #85 of 93 (8697 views)
Shortcut

So can i conclude that heartworm tablet or jab is highly recommended or is a must for all dogs? just like thier vacine jab when they are young??

wkser
ALPHA

Jan 17, 2003, 12:22 AM

Post #86 of 93 (8695 views)
Shortcut

hi jaz,

either the tablet or jab is a must....there been a discussion before in this topic maybe you can check it out in the forum at section general dog health and care under the titles - cacing jantung dalam anjing......Wink

regards
kangser and nous

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 17, 2003, 12:32 AM

Post #87 of 93 (8690 views)
Shortcut

ok thanks for the info.. i'll search it out tonight. but do you happen to know how often do we need to give the dog the jab?? or is there a limitation on how old they must be then?

wkser
ALPHA

Jan 17, 2003, 12:38 AM

Post #88 of 93 (8688 views)
Shortcut

hi jaz,

if not mistaken the jab take every 6 month......but this is the first nous take it.....my nous only 11 months old now......Wink

regards
kangser and nous

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 17, 2003, 12:47 AM

Post #89 of 93 (8686 views)
Shortcut

ok then! thanks! i'll bring my dog to the vet this weekend....

would you recommend for me to take my dog for spaying? as what Gina has mentioned, it seems to have quite a number of benefits!

wkser
ALPHA

Jan 17, 2003, 12:53 AM

Post #90 of 93 (8684 views)
Shortcut

hi jaz,

i think spaying is good....since most of them want to control the population of dogs...if you really dun wan them to get on heat i think this the best way.....Wink

regards
kangser and nous

Scott_Sheila
Novice

May 24, 2004, 9:02 PM

Post #91 of 93 (8177 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melanie] Eating poo poo [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

I know its pretty common for puppies to eat their own poo- poo but I still think its rather disgusting*lol*

My Cody is 9 weeks and he thankfully..*crosses fingers* stopped eating his poo. Scott used to watch him closely whenever he poo and making sure he will not eat or sniff his poo after he passed his motion. Even if he is left at home alone, he usually will leave his unattended poo alone.

I remember one time when he was sniffing and playing with his poo, Scott startled him so much he ended up swallowing it...Euww..lol

Sheila

melanie
Enthusiast

May 25, 2004, 5:51 PM

Post #92 of 93 (8162 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Scott_Sheila] Eating poo poo [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Scot_Sheila,

After all the year having kiddi, I think boredom is the main problem to cause her eating her poo!

I notice that whenever we are not around and she have nothing to do, she will try playing with it.

What we can do is to clean up after them faster before they have the change to play or eat it.

Regards

rameena
New User

Aug 16, 2004, 9:31 PM

Post #93 of 93 (6521 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melanie] Eating poo poo [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I noticed my dog had a poo-poo eating problem too but the vet said that it was because she was not suffciently dewormed. So, deworming was done again and now she is fine. But again there may be many reasons to why pups do that. If the dog is an adult, it is time for the owner to start worrying.
tinkerbelleapsaracockerfairy.blogspot.com/

[url= www.tickercentral.com][img] www.tickercentral.com/view/l4i/2.png[/img]

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my