Kelvin
Novice

Aug 7, 2002, 5:24 PM

Post #1 of 12 (2533 views)
Shortcut
About Myself Can't Post

Hi everyone Wink,

i was too nervous to find a dog until i forgot to introduce myself,sorry

my name is Kelvin Voon,i am 19 years old and studying at IMU.I stay in Ampang.i love soccer and fishing and dogs too.Bull Terrier became my favourite since i was a kid because my dad only bought me books about Bull Terrier.But this dog is rare in Malaysia.

Okie,that's all about myself.You can ask me if you wanna know more about me.

Kelvin

cdmoo
ALPHA

Aug 7, 2002, 5:36 PM

Post #2 of 12 (2530 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kelvin] About Myself [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Kelvin,
Welcome to the forum!
Indeed that's no many (pit) bull terrier in M'sia. These dog is real fierce, there're many pitbull-biting incidents in Australia. We need responsible owner to man such doggies.. Wink

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

kaerb

Aug 7, 2002, 7:27 PM

Post #3 of 12 (2524 views)
Shortcut

cool..... kelvin
bull terrier, a nice choice of dog...
couldn't agree more...
sorry ya... mr. cdmoo, wanna ask something. i hope i dun sound like i want to pick a fight.
are you sure it is a PBT and not an AST/SBT or even a BT. as what i know... PBTs' are quite rare in australia... while their close cousin the staffie are more common, generally they tend to look a like.
please comment ya...

cdmoo
ALPHA

Aug 7, 2002, 10:14 PM

Post #4 of 12 (2515 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaerb] About Myself [In reply to] Can't Post

ok. right..
the Pit-Bull Terrier (or Bull Terrier or Miniature Bull Terrier), in chinese, we called it "pig dog". is that rigth? most generally, PBT is of white and little dark markings on the head...
Those incidents that I refered to.. was way back in the 80's.. At one time, the Aussies government wanted to ban the import of B.T / or any terriers that is "one-half or more AST/ST/PBT/MBT/SBT.

I'm not the "sifu" on bull terriers Wink

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

les
K9 Maniac

Aug 8, 2002, 12:58 AM

Post #5 of 12 (2507 views)
Shortcut

Hi hi... I think we spoke on the phone this morning.. Smile Welcome onboard my fwen.

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

kaerb

Aug 8, 2002, 9:34 AM

Post #6 of 12 (2497 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] About Myself [In reply to] Can't Post

ehhh... haven't got your name lar, mr cdMoo.... thanks for sharing with me
i dunno about the pig dog....is it because of its' appearence ar??? what i know is pit dog which is still used for dog fights and this kind of dog varies in colour... i dun know about the white and little black markings. anyway there are always a grey area where things always get mixed up.
by the way, do you know any pit bull owners or breeders? anyway nice talking to you....

(This post was edited by kaerb on Aug 8, 2002, 9:37 AM)

cdmoo
ALPHA

Aug 8, 2002, 5:22 PM

Post #7 of 12 (2489 views)
Shortcut

hi kaerb,
Those with black/dark marking on the face and the rest (body) in white are "Bull Terrier" , and we generally call them 'Pit Bull' for short. U r rite, pit dogs are "designed" for fighting Wink
Those got colors (other than white) ...normally is "Miniture BUll Terrier". I can not really distinguish The main difference between the "Staffordshire"series and "Pit Bull" is the head. Pit Bull got long head, whereas Staffordshire got short head. I have yet to come across any Staffordshire in M'sia..
Sorry, I dunno any pitbull owner / breeder, Keep u informed if i come across .. Wink
Smile
regards,

CD Moo

kaerb

Aug 10, 2002, 7:51 AM

Post #8 of 12 (2462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] About Myself [In reply to] Can't Post

hello cdmoo,
I donno about bull terrier being called ' pit bull ' for short..if it is, then what is the pit bull terrier? I personally have 3 APBT ( american pit bull terrier ), however I can't get them certs. Pity lar.. malaysia don't recognise them. Wonder what you people out there with APBT think? Drop me a line lar....thanx 4 sharing anyway...yah, would like to ask you if you got bring your doggie for training not?

cdmoo
ALPHA

Aug 10, 2002, 8:03 PM

Post #9 of 12 (2454 views)
Shortcut

hi,
Nope.. I am not an MKA member. So, Rex can not attend those trainings at the padang. Anyway, have to self-train lor..

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

leopui
K9 Maniac

Aug 10, 2002, 11:59 PM

Post #10 of 12 (2445 views)
Shortcut

... I donno about bull terrier being called ' pit bull ' for short..if it is, then what is the pit bull terrier? ...

Hi Kaerb,

Those this is definitely not the "RIGHT" section to post ... the below three images may give you some idea (hopefully)!!!

... I personally have 3 APBT ( american pit bull terrier ), however I can't get them certs. Pity lar.. malaysia don't recognise them. ...

I do not know where do you get your APBT from, should the parent registered, then you can definitely get the registration done.

If not, you may need to take some photos [front, side, back & head shot] and send for oversea registration with ARBC (American RARE Breed Club) or so on!!!
LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

(This post was edited by leopui on Aug 11, 2002, 12:05 AM)
Attachments: The Terriers ....jpg (55.1 KB)

kaerb

Aug 11, 2002, 9:15 AM

Post #11 of 12 (2430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leopui] About Myself [In reply to] Can't Post

hello leopui....
i have heard from david kong about you.
so how's companions doing???? hmmm about my APBTs, the sire of my dogs are certified but the dam is not cause the owner didn't bother to get it certified.
can you tell me more about the procedures in getting it certified or there is no way.
hope to hear from you soon
thanks

leopui
K9 Maniac

Aug 11, 2002, 6:56 PM

Post #12 of 12 (2421 views)
Shortcut

Well, I am not into this breed but you may like to check the following links for more information: -

American Dog Breeders Association
Continental Kennel Club
National Kennel Club
United Kennel Club
American Rare Breed Association
Federation of International Canines

Hope it help you a bit.
LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my