Garlic Feeding issue

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DaisyGal
Novice

Aug 14, 2003, 7:18 PM

Post #1 of 36 (2504 views)
Shortcut
Garlic Feeding issue Can't Post

eloo members..how r u ppl and ur loved doggies and puppies?...hope everythings fine...one questions to ask...issit ok to feed a 4 months old pup garlic...first of all my Daisy girl had coprophagia (poo eating habit), one of the dog breeder ask to give some raw garlic on her food...get rids of the smell of the poo as its cleanses the intestine...and Daisy girl also has lil ticks on her...garlic is supposingly to get rid of it too...so any idea wheather it works or issit a myth?...thanks alot!!!

JolinG
Doggyman

Aug 14, 2003, 8:47 PM

Post #2 of 36 (2497 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DaisyGal] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

well garlic has antibacterial property so it should be good for overall health. but i dont now bout getting rid of the smell of pop n cleanse the intestine lar(this wan i must read up on).

getting rid of ticks.....i spray garlic juice on it b4 plucking out the ticks....spray all over th body the ticks automaticly crawl out... can see on the floor wna....they just dun like the pungent smell of it.garlic has sulphur compound...so i geuss that chokes the ticks?Crazy

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 14, 2003, 9:55 PM

Post #3 of 36 (2495 views)
Shortcut

nope,it's not a myth Smile joling's right

i feed my dogs garlic every other day since they are abt 3mths old. Since then, no serious problems with ticks/fleas..

of course there are the rare occasions where there were 1 or 2 here and there...
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

(This post was edited by RealityDreamer on Aug 14, 2003, 10:18 PM)

DaisyGal
Novice

Aug 14, 2003, 10:46 PM

Post #4 of 36 (2489 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Joling, RealityDreamer....thanks lot well if thats the case garlic would be regular in my furkid's food diet

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 25, 2003, 1:50 AM

Post #5 of 36 (2450 views)
Shortcut

i try to feed my dog with garlic but he doesn't want to eat it at all. When i mix it inside his food, then he will not eat his food also. How you guys feed your dogs with garlic?Unimpressed

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Khoobg
Webmaster

Sep 25, 2003, 5:09 AM

Post #6 of 36 (2448 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

In such case, you may want to try Garlic in Tablets form as per

http://shop.puppy.com.my/...tail.asp?prod=dor098

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 25, 2003, 7:26 AM

Post #7 of 36 (2441 views)
Shortcut

hmmm...why don't you try in a very small amount...1/4 clove...chop finely and mix it will wet food/kibbles....just make sure the garlic smell is not overwhelming..from there,you slowly increase to a clove

or you could force feed..it might look cruel but it's for his health... Tongue

or try making garlic treats..i have few recipes posted somewhere in the thread..do let me know if you can't find it...Wink

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 27, 2003, 12:09 AM

Post #8 of 36 (2430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your advise. Last few days i've heard from someone from this website that spraying garlic juice on the gogs body can work. But after i had try it seems like no ticks is crawling out. Besides of that, i had also saw that there are some ticks inside his ears. But i don't know how to get them out. any advise?

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 27, 2003, 12:32 AM

Post #9 of 36 (2428 views)
Shortcut

hi... from my experience in SPCA... we would use a tweezer to pick out ticks from a doggie's ears... it works just fine and works great at hard to reach places in the ears... can't use any tick powder in the ear coz it's dangerous... according to the label...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 27, 2003, 4:16 AM

Post #10 of 36 (2424 views)
Shortcut

yup...agree with ai_ney..use tweezer to pluck the ticks..i think that's the safest way...Wink

i haven't try the garlic spraying method yet...but i heard garlic juice is very effective in combating insects (that includes ticks and fleas)...even vege farmers are using garlic juice to protect their crops...ShockedShocked

maybe the garlic juice you used wasn't strong enough..did you mix it with water?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 27, 2003, 4:31 AM

Post #11 of 36 (2423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

i've tried to use tweezer to remove ticks from his ear, but he keep on moving hear and there. i'm afraid that i'll hurt him.

Pacco de Mongrel

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 27, 2003, 7:16 AM

Post #12 of 36 (2421 views)
Shortcut

some dogs have sensitive ears..they will get really irritated if we touch their ears...so i suggest that you get someone to hold your doggy down while you pluck the ticks...just be sure your tweezer is not sharp or have any sharp edges that can cause bleeding...SmileSmile

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 27, 2003, 8:38 AM

Post #13 of 36 (2418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream, Amanda85] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

yeap... u need at least 2 person to do the job if ur doggie would not stay still to let u pick out the ticks... or get 3 person: 1 to hold doggie, 1 to pick ticks out, 1 to squish the fat bloody ticks to their death! Cool

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Sep 27, 2003, 8:47 PM

Post #14 of 36 (2410 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr Khoo,

Just want to enquire if the garlic tablets that can be bought online... do they have a kind of smell? What do they taste like? Salsa is VERY VERY fussy!!

Thanks.
Papasan, Mamasan, Jerry, Salsa, Samseng & Junior

cdmoo
ALPHA

Sep 27, 2003, 9:15 PM

Post #15 of 36 (2409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gwinn] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Gerry..

What would u think a garlic tablet could smell of ? CrazyWink

By the way.. didn't know u got a mastiff in your house.. Rex was freaking when passing ur house.. he smells trouble.. Crazy

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Sep 28, 2003, 2:29 PM

Post #16 of 36 (2400 views)
Shortcut

raw garlic is fine...to me, natural is better..as far as garlic supplements, i rather not comment on those...
Meme

odie moves MY world!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 28, 2003, 5:03 PM

Post #17 of 36 (2396 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

i really face trouble to make him stay calm. My dad recommended me to give him some sleeping pill.!! HAHA!!

Pacco de Mongrel

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 29, 2003, 7:53 AM

Post #18 of 36 (2394 views)
Shortcut

sleeping pill?? serious?? better not! not necessary anyway! Wink

it's really difficult when the dog is not cooperating! so first of all, u need at least 2 person to do the job. 1 person hold the dog still, hold him close to ur body (in between ur arm and body - that way u'll get more control over him), and keep on talking to ur dog, giving him reassurance and make him feel comfortable. rub his tummy and under his ears too. usually he'll calm down. then start picking the ticks out one by one. he'll struggle once in a while, but keep on talking to him. the whole process could take from half an hour to 1 hour, but it needs to be done, so have some patience! Angelic it works for me everytime with dogs in SPCA, so it would work for u too! Wink

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

captain03
Novice

Sep 29, 2003, 8:04 AM

Post #19 of 36 (2392 views)
Shortcut

its ok to feed garlics for puppy of 4 months. i start feeding my dog with garlic since he was 3mths.. and... he lovessssssssss garlic.. when he smells garlic, it means "FOOD!" haha... i started feeding him with garlic for the main purpose of controlling the worms in his stomach.. oh ya.. i dun feed him jus like that, of cos with wet food.. hmm.. i still think that raw is best.. no to garlics in tablet form.. natural is the BEST! Sly

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 29, 2003, 8:04 AM

Post #20 of 36 (2392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gwinn] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Gerry,

Sparkle also won't take it...so for all the tablets he takes I have to force feed him Crazy

captain03
Novice

Sep 30, 2003, 4:38 AM

Post #21 of 36 (2386 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm... seems like lots of dogs need to be force feed.. but, not for mine, he eats everything, anitbiotics, de-worm tablets, etc.. he will jus eat from my hand.. haha..

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 5:07 AM

Post #22 of 36 (2384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

i think i would rather ask the vet to come to my house and do the job for me. Do you think the doctor would help me to pick those ticks out?

Pacco de Mongrel

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 5:35 AM

Post #23 of 36 (2381 views)
Shortcut

Hello Amanda ... Smile ...

You have been writing about your doggie's ticks for several days now ... The ticks are having a jolly time in your doggie's ears ...

Please get someone to give you a hand or take your doggie to the vet ... Otherwise the ticks will feed till they are full ... drop off and go somewhere to hide and lay all their eggs ...

Cheers ... Smile

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 5:53 AM

Post #24 of 36 (2380 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

just now i had spray frontline into his ear already. do u think it will work?

Pacco de Mongrel

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 6:55 AM

Post #25 of 36 (2374 views)
Shortcut

*Errr* ... I don't think you are supposed to spray Frontline into the dog's ears ...

I suggest you check your dog's ears ... and remove all the ticks ... and not let then fall into your dog's ears ... that'll be one easy way to start an infection ...

If you are not sure ... please get vet to check ...

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Sep 30, 2003, 7:25 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my