Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Diarrhea

Terry
K9 Kaki

Aug 14, 2003, 7:48 AM

Post #1 of 19 (2242 views)
Shortcut
Diarrhea Can't Post

What should I give my dog (GR) for helping feel better from diarrhea ?

TerryUnimpressed

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 14, 2003, 8:03 AM

Post #2 of 19 (2237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Terry] Diarrhea [In reply to] Can't Post

hope your lil Gr feels better soon..

hmm..you could give him glucose. The more energy he has, the less miserable he'll feel.. Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

BaoBao
Enthusiast

Aug 14, 2003, 8:10 AM

Post #3 of 19 (2236 views)
Shortcut

diarrhoea means poos w/o shape (soft stools) OR watery watery stools OR w/ traces of blood??

Terry
K9 Kaki

Aug 14, 2003, 8:16 AM

Post #4 of 19 (2234 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BaoBao] Diarrhea [In reply to] Can't Post

Watery stool no blood.

Terry

mackmack
Doggyman

Aug 14, 2003, 8:48 AM

Post #5 of 19 (2232 views)
Shortcut

Let him out and have a bite on grass? at least it works for my and MAX and Tiger.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Aug 14, 2003, 5:23 PM

Post #6 of 19 (2228 views)
Shortcut

Hi, sorry to hear that your doggie is not well... if your doggie is still eating.. you could try feeding him/her steam chicken breast. A vet once advised that it helps with the stools. It helped with Salsa's stools when she was having diarrhea. Don't add or marinate the chicken breast, just wash and cut out the fats and steam it and then shread or cut it into small pieces for your doggie to eat.

Good luck! and hope your doggie feels better.
Papasan, Mamasan, Jerry, Salsa, Samseng & Junior

Terry
K9 Kaki

Aug 14, 2003, 6:02 PM

Post #7 of 19 (2225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gwinn] Diarrhea [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok ...... thanks ..... Billy shall have steam breast chicken + some grass during his walkie time.

Terry

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 14, 2003, 6:18 PM

Post #8 of 19 (2224 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Smile

Must make sure Billy drinks enough water or else he'll be dehydrated. When my pup had diarrhea I gave him small amounts of glucose mixed into his drink once a day.

I think for me food wasn't so mah farn. It was the cleaning up. Have to clean floor & clean his bum. cause he's a furry white dog....anything that sticks to his behind also can see Crazy

Terry
K9 Kaki

Aug 15, 2003, 8:38 AM

Post #9 of 19 (2212 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Diarrhea [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah ... he needs lots of water. Its a little difficult to force him to drink sometimes. He had boiled chicken meat with garlic today ... boy he loves it.

Terry

maxsimkh
Novice

Sep 5, 2003, 10:07 PM

Post #10 of 19 (2185 views)
Shortcut

if the diarrhea is quite severe, you should not give a lot of water because the puppy would have lost a lot of electrolytes. instead of giving just plain water, you can try rehydration salt. check whether your dog is having any dehydration or not.

lois_wong
Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2003, 3:31 PM

Post #11 of 19 (2109 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BaoBao] Diarrhea [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

my dog having the diarrhea with blood and oso vomit...can i feed her the same food that you guys suggested? Is this consider as food poisoning? But i nvr let her eat any other things except the kibbles.Frown

Pls advise me that what should i do???

Thanx with regards,

lois

warmest regards,
FrownloisFrown

Frownhug from cAsPeR boy
Frownkiss from Heidi gal

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 10, 2003, 6:54 PM

Post #12 of 19 (2104 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lois_wong] Diarrhea [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Lois ...

Sorry to hear ...

Vomitting & diarrhea with blood are sympthoms to be acted upon with urgency ... Please take dog to vet IMMEDIATELY ...

Presence of blood is indicative that something serious is happening ... and you dog needs to be examined by a competant vet. If possible, take samples of the vomit & stools (with the blood) for examination.

It may not have anything to do with what you feed the dog. Dogs are inquisitive animals and can pick stuff up which is not good for them.

Vet please ... Best of luck ...

boon
Doggyman

Oct 10, 2003, 7:19 PM

Post #13 of 19 (2102 views)
Shortcut

Hi...diarrhea is watery stool with blood or just blood and mixed with some water............vomitted blood also ? any dehydration ?

could it be CPV ? a deadly and dangerous one......

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

boon
Doggyman

Oct 10, 2003, 7:20 PM

Post #14 of 19 (2099 views)
Shortcut

Hi Terry,

some pumpkin will help to firm up the stool.

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

lois_wong
Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2003, 11:36 PM

Post #15 of 19 (2093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Diarrhea [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

i actually didn't see her vomitted blood on the spot but when came back fr work...i found her cage got some liquid of blood (vomitting type) and poo..as for dehydration, i think she is bcos she couldn't drink and eat...Frown btw, what does CPV mean?

anyway, i just sent her to the vet for further checking....xray, blood test, etc..... hope she will get well soon!!

Worry,

Lois

warmest regards,
FrownloisFrown

Frownhug from cAsPeR boy
Frownkiss from Heidi gal

boon
Doggyman

Oct 10, 2003, 11:42 PM

Post #16 of 19 (2092 views)
Shortcut

Send her to the vet is the right move. CPV stand for Canine Parvo Virus.

Kowpa

Oct 10, 2003, 11:56 PM

Post #17 of 19 (2089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Diarrhea [In reply to] Can't Post

canine parvo virus and corona virus are almost the same and showing the same symptom If its a young pup going to the vet is a bit late. No protector kah?

boon
Doggyman

Oct 11, 2003, 12:00 AM

Post #18 of 19 (2088 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowpa] Diarrhea [In reply to] Can't Post

prevent from dehydration loh, use eletrolytes to support the pup and some antibiotics loh.

Protector ? vaccine loh. Corona and CPV can be prevented.

kev21yng
Novice

Oct 23, 2003, 7:23 PM

Post #19 of 19 (2047 views)
Shortcut

Sorry to hear about your dog. hope he (she?) gets better.

Mine had the same symptoms a month back. took him to the vet for medication - didnt work until i pop in a couple of deworming tablets. the symptoms stopped & got back to his normal routine almost immediately. his stools looked normal execpt for some 'white' dots (which i think might be the worms).

Now i deworm my dog almost weekly using a natural product - pumpkin seeds(not medicated stuff you get from the vet, which can only be done every 3 or so months). Read somewhere that it has natural deworming properties without harming the dog. Tip - grind the seeds down to a powder.

Hope this helps.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my