Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
how to reduce shedding?

lynn1157
Novice

Aug 14, 2003, 5:44 AM

Post #1 of 21 (2751 views)
Shortcut
how to reduce shedding? Can't Post

zoey is a 2 year old shih tzu. she is black and white. is there any way to reduce shedding? there is white hair on my dark clothings and black hair on my light coloured clothings. so susah!!Crazy

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Aug 14, 2003, 6:05 AM

Post #2 of 21 (2749 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lynn1157] how to reduce shedding? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi lyn,

hmm...well well shedding prob..ha ha...shih tzu does shed alot i would say especially when their hair is long but if its shedding excessively then it might be some skin prob...there's one product in the market which is called missing link...its some kind of supplement powder that supposed to reduce shedding..u could give it a try..and another thing u do is brush him daily if u could or more...i soemtimes use vacumn cleaner to vacumn my dog during shedding seasonWink. but be careful though when u do it or else u might end up with accident..Smilebrushing daily does help a lot..when u have a dog in the house, there is no way u can prevent hair on ur clothing unless u dont ur dog lah..hhahaha...i get it on all of my clothes which i am already used to it i must saySly..
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

BaoBao
Enthusiast

Aug 14, 2003, 7:55 AM

Post #3 of 21 (2742 views)
Shortcut

i think they shed-change thir coat twice a year... and take abt 2- 3 weeks at least!! so at those times, they tend to shed more than usual..

lynn1157
Novice

Aug 15, 2003, 5:44 AM

Post #4 of 21 (2729 views)
Shortcut

actually i bought this yellowish liquid that is suppose to reduce shedding. u r suppose to mix it in their food but the liquid smells so strong . hahaha. zoey didn't want to touch her food so i threw it away.

mackmack
Doggyman

Aug 15, 2003, 11:52 AM

Post #5 of 21 (2725 views)
Shortcut

Would suggest you to brush away the shedded fur before they fall everywhere.

About those hair stick on your clothings, you may get those roller-sticker to stick away the furs. The roller is very handy too, can pick up the fur and dust in no time.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 15, 2003, 4:53 PM

Post #6 of 21 (2722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] how to reduce shedding? [In reply to] Can't Post

ShockedShocked Wah u very 'kheng' leh...vacumn your dog LaughLaugh What dog do u have? If Chihuahua or Min Pin can suck into the vacumn cleaner liao lor....hehe

Hey, my first doggie was called Richie....is Ritchie the name of ur furkid? Smile

elizatye
K9 Senior

Aug 15, 2003, 5:16 PM

Post #7 of 21 (2721 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] how to reduce shedding? [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha... u are funny... chihuahua suck into the vacumn... so Ashley have to be very carefull when do vacumn as she have 2 chihuahua... Sly when I do vacumn, Yippi like to play with me... then I play with him by suck his beard... he like crazy and running around.... hahaha..... SlySly but luckly MS is a breed that does not shed or shed very little... Wink

Smile Eliza

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 15, 2003, 6:19 PM

Post #8 of 21 (2719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] how to reduce shedding? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Yippi like to play with me... then I play with him by suck his beard... he like crazy and running around.... hahaha..... SlySly

hahaha...yippi boy so crazy wan arCrazy...but cute lar the scene..LaughLaugh
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

lynn1157
Novice

Aug 18, 2003, 5:48 AM

Post #9 of 21 (2706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] how to reduce shedding? [In reply to] Can't Post

hehe. zoey likes to play with the vacuum too. 1st she will run ard to avoid the vacuum. then when i catch her, she will sit down quietly and and wag her tail while her ears and beard are being sucked by the vacuum.

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 18, 2003, 7:06 PM

Post #10 of 21 (2703 views)
Shortcut

hi,

lol. and i thought i was the only crazy one. i vacumm my dog also!

mine is GR, he's not scared of the vacumm. but your dog is small, so surprised she will sit down quietly when u caught her :))

regards,
hunter

lynn1157
Novice

Aug 19, 2003, 5:19 AM

Post #11 of 21 (2695 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] how to reduce shedding? [In reply to] Can't Post

i don't think she is really afraid of the vacuum. she's actually very naughty and has her 'crazy' spells where she will run very fast ard the room. think she enjoys being vacuum when she kena caught. hehehe

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Aug 19, 2003, 8:27 PM

Post #12 of 21 (2687 views)
Shortcut

hi cshellz,

Sly ha ha..well i do vacumn my dog lerr..its a german shepherd..tht's why i can do it..if its a min pin then i wouldnt even dare to let it go near the vacumn or else i might need to empty the vacumn bag to find my dog..Laughwell it does work for my dog u know especially during shedding season and anyone tht has a GSD will know wht issit like when they shed...the whole house will be flying with hairs!!!...My dog is ritchie!!...urs too??...wow...hmm..but where is he now? lost?
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 19, 2003, 10:04 PM

Post #13 of 21 (2682 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ivan,

Yep my first doggie was Richie. We spell his name without the "t". Smile Yah he's currently lost. Has been missing since 1st Feb....Frown I wrote about that in the Lost and Missing dog thread..

I now have a dog called Sparkle

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Aug 20, 2003, 5:45 AM

Post #14 of 21 (2673 views)
Shortcut

hi cshellz,

sad to hear tht...well hopefully he will return one day...hmm..i think ive seen sparkle before during the gathering at KK...its a spitz right? well anyway hope to meet u one day with ur sparkle..

Smile

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 20, 2003, 5:47 AM

Post #15 of 21 (2673 views)
Shortcut

Hi Michelle,
So sorry to hear that your dog's still missing. What breed was Ritchie?

Anyway, try not to use vacum cleaner ler.. it might hurt thier skin... better to invest in a good brush and brush off all excessive hair Smile

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 20, 2003, 4:57 PM

Post #16 of 21 (2669 views)
Shortcut

yep sparkle is a spitz....hopefully u'll see him again at the next gathering!! Smile

and we will never give up hope on Richie...we hope we'll be reunited some day. Meanwhile, we can only pray that the person who took him in will take care of him

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 20, 2003, 5:01 PM

Post #17 of 21 (2668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] how to reduce shedding? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi lisa,

Richie was a SPitz mix Dachshund. My old avatar with a fluffy dog sitting and smiling to the camera was Richie. He looked more Spitz than Dachshund. Only he was a little smaller and shorter than the usual Spitzies...hehe

No la...i've never used vacuum ler...my dog's hair is quite long la if I use sure tersumbat inside wan...Sly

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 1:47 AM

Post #18 of 21 (2656 views)
Shortcut

Ohhh.. I was asking Eve (Lulugurl) what happen to that Avatar... he's very nice.. and I thought he's Sparkle... So this new Avatar that you are using right now is Sparkle then? Wink

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 9:18 PM

Post #19 of 21 (2647 views)
Shortcut

yep, this new one is Sparkle Smile

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 22, 2003, 1:32 AM

Post #20 of 21 (2640 views)
Shortcut

Ic.. sorry to know that... hope you find him soon... very nice dog Smile

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 22, 2003, 5:05 PM

Post #21 of 21 (2632 views)
Shortcut

kam siah kam siah....we hope so too ler....but slim chance. Frown hehhe hey lisa we all topic serong liao

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my