swallowed!!!!

lisachew

Jul 31, 2002, 6:04 AM

Post #1 of 11 (4712 views)
Shortcut
swallowed!!!! Can't Post

Oh God!!!!

Please help....!!!!
Teddy just swallowed a '50sen' diameter durian seed. Anyone encountered this before??? What will possible happen? Will it digest or just stuck half way and get worse? ANY IDEAS???!!!!!

He looks normal though.
I am in dilemma right now!!
MadUnsureUnimpressedShockedFrown
Regards
Lisa

"A dash of lion, several teaspoons of rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of a beggar, a tablespoon of monkey, one part baby seal, and a dash of teddy bear." - shih tzu

les
K9 Maniac

Jul 31, 2002, 9:05 AM

Post #2 of 11 (4706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lisachew] swallowed!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Err... Im not so sure coz Teddy consider a small size dog. But I remember a big size dog of mine swallowed durian seed before.. but its was ok.. erm.. But I din't checked his poo poo..

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

lisachew

Nov 5, 2002, 5:46 PM

Post #3 of 11 (4678 views)
Shortcut

Hello

Just for updates!
My Teddy actually vomited out the seeds ( break into few pieces) after 2 months.

He is consider lucky though!
Regards
Lisa

"A dash of lion, several teaspoons of rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of a beggar, a tablespoon of monkey, one part baby seal, and a dash of teddy bear." - shih tzu

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 24, 2002, 8:01 AM

Post #4 of 11 (4653 views)
Shortcut

glad your teddy's ok from his durian adventure.

Jupey once ate a whole chicken drumstick... when we saw him take it off someone's dinner plate, we were so scared, but before we managed to get it back, he had swallowed it!

we were so scared it would cut his throat or something, but nothing happened to him, don't even know if he poo poo-ed it out... but this was 2 years ago and he's still here ! Smile

lucky dog me think

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 27, 2002, 12:57 AM

Post #5 of 11 (4635 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] swallowed!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Two months later?? lol. I guess his body finally decided that it couldn't be digested, hehe. Sandra choked on a beef bone before... it was a huge one, so lord knows how she managed to get it stuck in her mouth. If I remember correctly, it was lodged between her throat and her back teeth. We had to call the vet in! Thank god it was stuck behind her teeth, not down her throat!

-= Tisha =-

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 27, 2002, 10:36 PM

Post #6 of 11 (4623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] swallowed!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

okay this might sound a wee bit silly, but my dog hunter got choked by his own doggy biscuits. he was hungry the other day and ate too fast. then i see him trying to cough out something.

the thing that scares my mom is, his eyes turned white and there's lots of white foam flowing out from his mouth. scary huh. i think at that point he fainted a while.. then a few seconds later, his eyeballs are back there again, but the nose doesn't seem to be breathing in and out. he was panic. jumping around like crazy. my mom woke me up immediately. then i immediately overturned him and squeezed him many times (particularly the belly part).

after i let him go, he spit out that one lousy biscuit. and ate it again before i could pick it up :D but this time, he didn't choke :))

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 28, 2002, 12:55 AM

Post #7 of 11 (4615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] swallowed!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

How big is your dog?

-= Tisha =-

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 29, 2002, 8:00 AM

Post #8 of 11 (4604 views)
Shortcut

a 2 year old golden retriever.

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 30, 2002, 4:54 AM

Post #9 of 11 (4585 views)
Shortcut

I'm also puzzled as to how a dog his size can choke on his food, lol. Maybe he was being greedy and ate too much in one go Wink

-= Tisha =-

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 30, 2002, 6:15 AM

Post #10 of 11 (4583 views)
Shortcut

silly him :D now whenever he eats his food one of us have to stand by and supervise him. haha. even my mom didn't supervise me like that when i was a kid!

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 30, 2002, 8:04 AM

Post #11 of 11 (4578 views)
Shortcut

It's quite a common phenomenon - dogs getting better treatment than us!

-= Tisha =-

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my