First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

Oct 1, 2003, 5:26 PM

Post #26 of 32 (2400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] (probably) Kinokuniya KLCC [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Trivor,

Can u manage to get the apartment's contact no. from ur friend? i would like to take my furkids to go for vacation too.. WinkTQ.

Regards,
Serene Lim
My furkids: Jamie & Max.

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

Bailey

Sep 8, 2004, 7:31 PM

Post #27 of 32 (2309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quinalona] (probably) Kinokuniya KLCC [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Quinalona,

I am very new to this forum and I saw your posting. I do know in fact of a bungalow for rental in Kuala Kubu Bahru (about 11/2 from KL) and it is located smack in the jungle beside a clean river which we call Sg Chilling /Magic River (Not sure of the official name). Anyway, the bungalow has 5 rooms available and has a big garden for our fur friends to romp. The caretaker who is Malay has a beautiful black dog (not sure of the breed but the features are like a German Shepherd). I am planning to take Bailey there once I have the time. I have been there several times and I always enjoy my timeout from the hustle and bustle of city living.

Directions:-The bungalow is located along the road to Frasers Hill. Take the North South Highway and exit at Rawang. Take the old road to go to Ipoh and turn in to the Kuala Kubu Bahru junction. Once you have reached the junction to KKB town, take the exit right and follow the sign the Frasers Hill. You will go pass the new and controversial Kuala Selangor Dam on the left hand side and carry on for another 300 m , the road will lead to a almost 90 degrees turn to the left. At the turn, instead of turning left, go straight and you will see a brown gate. That is where the bungalow is located.

So, all you doggy lovers and basically have a doggie summer camp weekend. If you are all up to it, you can make a trek to the Sg Chilling waterfall which is about 1 hour on foot from the bungalow and believe me this is one of the best kept secret in town. The waterfall is absolutely beautiful and has many tiers. Going up to the second tier maybe too steep and dangerous for our fur friends as the path is very narrow and steep. So stick to the first tier waterfall. This is a pupoular trek for trekkers and it is easy enough for even a child of 6 years old. My friend's child who as 4 at that time managed to do it on her own of course with some help from adults in crossing the river. As you will need to cross the rivers about 5 times along the trek, just be careful of the river currents and the water level. If you are going during the rainy season, be extra careful and bring ropes as the river is swollen and is dangerous. As a tip, I will always check the water level at the second river crossing from the bungalow (should not be above my knee). This is an activity which big dogs can definitely parttake in .

You can call to book the bungalow at 03 4251 3288 (look for Audrey). They charge something like RM400 for an overnight stay for 8 adults. It is self catering and you can have a BBQ for dinner and sit by the river to enjoy the view.

Do check it out and I hope that all doggie owners and their fur friends can have a good time there.

Puppy Power

Bailey's owner

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

musashi
ALPHA

Sep 11, 2004, 9:22 PM

Post #28 of 32 (2222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bailey] (probably) Kinokuniya KLCC [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

This really a good news for us.....Sly

Blush I am the man with dog's name

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 15, 2004, 6:13 PM

Post #29 of 32 (2194 views)
Shortcut

Hi !

Just checked with audrey....she told us that they dun allow dogs in the bungalow at all. So...guess this place is out lor !

cheers,
minglmy

Bailey

Sep 15, 2004, 6:40 PM

Post #30 of 32 (2184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] (probably) Kinokuniya KLCC [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh dear.. now I am so sad to hear this... they have a few dogs there and they don't allow our furkids in? What kind of logic is this? I assume they should allow it cos there are dogs there as well. My poor Bailey now has absolutely no where to go for a holiday! Sob Sob... :-((

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 15, 2004, 7:18 PM

Post #31 of 32 (2178 views)
Shortcut

They dogs are only to guard the bungalow so they stay outside... no dogs is allow indoor of the bungalow. Dun think we wud wanna risk leaving our precious outside right !

cheers,
minglmy

musashi
ALPHA

Sep 18, 2004, 4:07 AM

Post #32 of 32 (2163 views)
Shortcut

me too very sad to hear this.PiratePiratePiratePiratePirate

Blush I am the man with dog's name

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my