Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Nervous New Mummy - Baby Pug (Guinness SK Ho)

guinness
Novice

Jul 30, 2002, 11:42 PM

Post #1 of 10 (3884 views)
Shortcut
Nervous New Mummy - Baby Pug (Guinness SK Ho) Can't Post

Hi, my name is jasmine... a new mummy to a new pug (his name is guinness) which i bought from a pet shop in pj ss2. i only discovered this site today, so i was not warned of the 'danger' of getting a pup from a pet shop. i m now very afraid. on the day that i bought guinness, i took him to a vet in subang jaya who confirmed that he is very healthy.
1) i have a vaccination record that states that guinness has got his first shot on 24/7 (how do i know if it is genuine?)
2) guinness is approx 7 weeks old & they claim that they have not got his mka cert yet as it would take 3-4 months (may i confirm?) & they also do not know his dob/other details. i was already in love with guinness by then and it was too late to change my mind.... ooopps, so without the details i still took him home...Laugh
3) guinness bites a lot!!! he follows our feet when we walk & bites our toes & feet whenever he has the chance & that is a-lot!! how do i control/minimize that?
4) i also noticed some greenish discharge from his 'equipment', it was very little but noticeable... is it anything to worry about, or is guinness 'maturing'?

jasmine
a very nervous mummy

p/s i can also be reached at joy@puppy.com.my
Wink

Jasmine & my puggy Guinness
DOB: May 26, 2002

wmeng
Dog Kichi

Jul 31, 2002, 12:34 AM

Post #2 of 10 (3881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [guinness] Nervous New Mummy - Baby Pug (Guinness SK Ho) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Jasmine,

Glad to know that we have another pug fans on board.

A friend of mine bought a pug puppy from a breeder and they have this scanning device to scan on the microchip planted in the puppy to get the info. My friend had the details written down and checked with MKA for own security. She got the cert after slightly more than a month after purchasing the pup. 3 to 4 months sounds a bit unacceptable!!AngelicAngelic

Do not let your pup in contact with other doggies for now until he completes all his jabs. It will be too late now to judge as to whether the vacc. was genuine.

As for biting problem, get him some rawhide bones to chew on whenever he bites on your toes or fingers.
Say "No" sternly and give him a bone to chew. It works for my puggy, George.SmileSmile
ENG
Proud owner of George, a male pug puppy
Born: 10/3/02

les
K9 Maniac

Jul 31, 2002, 1:33 AM

Post #3 of 10 (3876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [guinness] Nervous New Mummy - Baby Pug (Guinness SK Ho) [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome! Another mummy of a pug..! Smile hahaha.. we got many pug fans here..

Yeap.. what Eng said is true.. Smile

Look at webmaster's mike puggy.. so cute man!

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2002, 1:53 AM

Post #4 of 10 (3874 views)
Shortcut

hi Jasmine, a very nervous mummy,
Welcome to the forum!
I hope u won't be a nervous mum when days go by..
Smile
There r numerous topics on how to train ur dogs from bitings. Pls. use the 'Search Posts' function.

3-4 months to get a MKA cert is a bit too long! Mad . R they pulling your leg?

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jul 31, 2002, 2:05 AM

Post #5 of 10 (3872 views)
Shortcut

We used to be able to get the pedigree from MKA when the puppy is about 8 weeks old. Due to the recent introduction of Microchipping, the process is now longer. Breeder now will get the Microchip from MKA says about 8 weeks from birth of puppies. The breeder will then need to take the puppies to a VET for the planting of microchip. Once microchipping is done, the breeder will have to submit the form signed by the VET back to MKA for the registration and issuance of pedigree. As such, a period of 3 months or 4 months from the birth of puppies may still be acceptable.

But 3 to 4 months from the date you purchased the puppy is just much too long.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Jul 31, 2002, 2:09 AM)

les
K9 Maniac

Jul 31, 2002, 2:14 AM

Post #6 of 10 (3868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Nervous New Mummy - Baby Pug (Guinness SK Ho) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm.. wiered.. My friend-Moonchild haven't got the cert yet.. Mad

Laugh

guinness
Novice

Jul 31, 2002, 7:26 AM

Post #7 of 10 (3865 views)
Shortcut

wow! thanx guys for the info... very welcoming indeed... Blush

i will check with the pet shop on the cert again..

am still working on the doggie bone to distract him from our toes!!

i have another q which i need help from fellow pug parents... guinness has some rashes on his forehead, due to the wrong diet that he was on when guinness was at the pet shop (he is allergic to chix), now he has a little 'dandruff'... is it ok? the vet says yes. what do u pug owners do to keep his coat nice & shine? btw, guinness is black.

Once again, thanx!
jas Wink
Wink

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jul 31, 2002, 8:42 AM

Post #8 of 10 (3860 views)
Shortcut

To keep your puggy coat nice and shining, you need to feed him some " Nutritional Coat & Skin Conditioner " which is in oily liquid form and there are many brands available at Pet Store. As for my case, I feed my puggy cod liver oil tablet purchased from Chinese Medical Shop.Cheap and quite effective.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

les
K9 Maniac

Jul 31, 2002, 8:54 AM

Post #9 of 10 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Hahaha.. I just bought the cod liver oil for Sunny. And.. abt sesitive skin you can try the shampoo, I see the result that some dogs which don't have the skin problem.. such as dandruff.. rashes.. Smile

Laugh

guinness
Novice

Jul 31, 2002, 5:11 PM

Post #10 of 10 (3854 views)
Shortcut
Re: [les] Nervous New Mummy - Baby Pug (Guinness SK Ho) [In reply to] Can't Post

dear khoo & les Smile

thanx a million... code liver oil huh? well, since mummy is still taking it, guess baby will have to too now!!!!

guinness baby is looking so healthy today!!! i m so happy!!!

yelp! yelp!
Laugh
Wink

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my