Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Puking & diarhea due to Heat Stroke!! HELP!!

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Aug 11, 2003, 8:07 PM

Post #1 of 21 (4548 views)
Shortcut
Puking & diarhea due to Heat Stroke!! HELP!! Can't Post

Guys!! Salsa was puking and shitting so much yesterday!! SHe looked sad and just refused to eat or drink. Brought her to the vet last night and the vet said that she could have heat stroke because I put her in the car for 2 hours in the morning without the air con on. He gave her some medicine and a jap to stop the diarhea, but it didn't work quite as well because she shit again in the middle of the night and this morning.. Her shit has got BLOOD!!!! I am concern if she will get dehydrated... HELP!!
Papasan, Mamasan, Jerry, Salsa, Samseng & Junior

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 11, 2003, 8:35 PM

Post #2 of 21 (4547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gwinn] Puking & diarhea due to Heat Stroke!! HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Do take your dog to a good vet and soon ...

Mild dehydration is by itself not usually a serious condition and easily rectified by cooling and water intake ...

Continued vomiting & blood in stools sounds a lot more serious ... please see a good vet ...

Good luck

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Aug 11, 2003, 8:57 PM

Post #3 of 21 (4545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Puking & diarhea due to Heat Stroke!! HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Another vet suggested that she should be put in an air con room and be put some nice music to relax her.. and another friend suggested it could be due to the seventh month of the lunar calendar.. I am totally confused. A pet shop owner advised to give her anti diarhea tablets first... what do you think??Unsure

Kowie
ALPHA

Aug 11, 2003, 9:13 PM

Post #4 of 21 (4544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gwinn] Puking & diarhea due to Heat Stroke!! HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I suggest you bring her to the vet ASAP! You live in KK right? There's a good vet in Taipan. If you want I can call you and give you directions.

Hope your Salsa gets well soon.

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 11, 2003, 9:47 PM

Post #5 of 21 (4541 views)
Shortcut

i think you should bring her to another vet,for a second opinion(a better one)

dehydration is bad enough..blood in poo is not a good sign..
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 11, 2003, 10:09 PM

Post #6 of 21 (4540 views)
Shortcut

I think everyone is kinda agreed on this ... see another vet ...

Aircon, music or anti-diarhea tablets are not going to help your dog until you find out what is wrong ...

Vomitting and blood in stools are signs for you to be careful and to act quickly ... please go to a vet.

Best wishes

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Aug 11, 2003, 10:39 PM

Post #7 of 21 (4538 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Puking & diarhea due to Heat Stroke!! HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you everybody.. I will send her to the vet tonight and will update you accordingly!!

torochan

Aug 12, 2003, 1:30 AM

Post #8 of 21 (4531 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Another vet suggested that she should be put in an air con room and be put some nice music to relax her.. and another friend suggested it could be due to the seventh month of the lunar calendar.. I am totally confused. A pet shop owner advised to give her anti diarhea tablets first... what do you think??Unsure

gwinn,

if heat stroke...just dunk your doggie in a iced water filled tub & just let him take all the heat out, but i doubt heat stoke will cause bloody stool. hope to hear some good news from u soon. all the best Smile

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Aug 12, 2003, 5:15 AM

Post #9 of 21 (4526 views)
Shortcut
Re: [torochan] Puking & diarhea due to Heat Stroke!! HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you sure dunking her in a tub filled with ice water will work???? Shocked Well, when I got back from work, I called another vet, and he suggested not to let Salsa take the anti diarhea tablet but to feed her with steamed chicken breast to help her stools... according to those at home, they said she only shit once since I went to work.. so that is not exactly diarhea anymore.. and then I am quite confused if the blood is actually because she is on heat?? Well, anyway the doctor says to see how it goes till tomorrow, that if her stools are still problematic, then I will have to sent to him ASAP!!

Anyway, fed her chicken breast.. man.. her eyes just lit up when she saw what I had for her!! Cool hehehhee.. that little fella... she is quite active now, so I think she is feeling better now. Smile

But thanks so much for the tip.. don't think i will ever allow her to have a heat stroke anymore... Tongue

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 12, 2003, 6:01 AM

Post #10 of 21 (4523 views)
Shortcut

What did the vet said about the blood discharge?? Any possibilities that caused that??? Hope she gets well soon ya... Smile

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Aug 12, 2003, 8:09 PM

Post #11 of 21 (4512 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Puking & diarhea due to Heat Stroke!! HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nope, the doctor didnt say anything, because we couldn't identify if it was really shit or was it her XXX as she is on heat at the moment.... Blush But she is better now, thanks for your concern!! Smile

Elly
ALPHA

Aug 12, 2003, 8:18 PM

Post #12 of 21 (4510 views)
Shortcut

Hi Gerry,

Good to hear that Salsa is feeling ok now. Smile

Oh by the way, this is my first time to hear that if dog kena heat stroke, u have to relax them by dunking them in cold water...play soothing music....sleep in aircond room....Crazy....

wow....dogs nowadays...Laugh

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 12, 2003, 8:36 PM

Post #13 of 21 (4506 views)
Shortcut

Oh okay.. goodie.. glad to hear that she's recovering! Smile

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Aug 12, 2003, 9:45 PM

Post #14 of 21 (4503 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Elly] Puking & diarhea due to Heat Stroke!! HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Elly, Hah! Tell me about it!! And the vet told me to steam chicken meat for her some more.. Pirate yesterday, she was the boss!! Tongue

Kowie
ALPHA

Aug 13, 2003, 1:58 PM

Post #15 of 21 (4495 views)
Shortcut

Hi!
Glad to hear Salsa is feeling better.Smile

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

torochan

Aug 14, 2003, 1:28 AM

Post #16 of 21 (4491 views)
Shortcut

Smilehi,

actually our vet advice us to do that since we hav a chow -which is prone to heat stroke.however good to know ur baby back to normal again.Laugh

Cass Lee
Novice

Sep 7, 2008, 9:00 AM

Post #17 of 21 (4145 views)
Shortcut

hi everyone, hi Gwinn ,

Do you still remember what or how is it happen???
i got a case like u too, but my little zoro, GR, bout 2 month old, have a sign like salsa,diarhea & blood in stools but not suffer from heat stroke, i had ask for few vets but all just ask me to wait only....
i got another gr puppy just pass away last week 2nd sept 2008, diarhea ,vomiting & blood in stools also, i am so sad but i have to send poor little luffy for dissection, becouse i really need to know what have been happen. the report not come out yet but my 2nd boy zoro start to have a sign like that also... i am so worry, i cant sleep for 1 week already....

anyone pls help me and my boy... thanks...

cass

FLK

Sep 7, 2008, 9:07 AM

Post #18 of 21 (4139 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cass Lee] Puking & diarhea due to Heat Stroke!! HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Cass Lee ! Did your puppy vaccinate ?

Cass Lee
Novice

Sep 7, 2008, 9:20 AM

Post #19 of 21 (4137 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FLK] Puking & diarhea due to Heat Stroke!! HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

yes, on 27th aug, i had test for the parvovirus test but its -tive...
from the stools, no sign of worm or anything...

limsuteong
Dog Kichi

Sep 8, 2008, 12:39 AM

Post #20 of 21 (4115 views)
Shortcut

Next time you could try to feed your dog glucose or coconut water to reduce heatiness.

Cass Lee
Novice

Sep 8, 2008, 10:24 AM

Post #21 of 21 (4089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [limsuteong] Puking & diarhea due to Heat Stroke!! HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,
i normally use 100plus and ORS to prevent dehydrated.

today my boy become ok... but still dont know why these thing happen.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my