Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 15, 2003, 9:02 PM

Post #26 of 47 (1857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

haha, that'd make a good hand signal :p especially when u have a dozen of them coming to u at ONCE!

(that time you'll be struggling, not hand signalling)

regards,
hunter

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 16, 2003, 2:03 AM

Post #27 of 47 (1852 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

after a while la of course..like when he's a higher level Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 16, 2003, 6:07 AM

Post #28 of 47 (1849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

hmph, i've just checked. it seems even in higher level (Open level in obedience), you're allowed to use voice commands. or hand signals. but not BOTH. how interesting.

regards,
hunter

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 16, 2003, 8:39 AM

Post #29 of 47 (1845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

oh..didn't know that..UnsureBlush

guess you going to use voice commands since hunter is already used to them?

i read somewhere that dogs read the physical cues better than they listen to commands..i think the article was in the star a week ago..
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 16, 2003, 8:45 AM

Post #30 of 47 (1844 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

am using both voice and hand signals. reinforcement is key. i don't think he's ready for solely voice commands or solely hand signals just yet.

yeah, physical cues are better than listening to commands, but this apply more on dogs that pay full attention to u IE eye does not remove from ur eye for even a second. for dogs that are easily distracted and etc, it's better to use voice commands (or even combination and hand signals) as if they don't even look at u how are they gonna actually look at the hand signal you're tryin' to show :/

regards,
hunter

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 16, 2003, 9:04 AM

Post #31 of 47 (1844 views)
Shortcut

hehe..good point..there's no point in giving the hand signals if your dog doesn't have his eye on youTongue

but hunter's good though..not going to try to "challenge" him? he probably knows all(if not,most) the commands already and can perfom perfectly Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 16, 2003, 9:11 AM

Post #32 of 47 (1843 views)
Shortcut

bah. he is always distracted. would not want to confuse him for the time being. i even suspect he's deaf sometime as he often give me a blank look when i call him from afar :/

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 16, 2003, 9:17 AM

Post #33 of 47 (1842 views)
Shortcut

lolSmile

he has a very short attention span..Tongue he might find lil thingies on the floor more important than what his mom is trying to get him to do at them momentLaugh
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Aug 18, 2003, 10:17 PM

Post #34 of 47 (1837 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drew] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh really? no wonder I see him so free walk around with the pug. I though someone pay special fees for special training 1: 1. hehehe..

Anyone know the exact date for the next batch? I m new member I still didn't get any inform yet? I heard is on 24-08? is it true?

And I saw someone said dog on heat cant send for trainning is it true? One more thing I can't understand, I see most of u guys didn't reward by food only praise the dog, this work? Is 2 hours trainning non stop will bore the dog?

how about if the dog want to relieve himself on that spot?
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

drew
ALPHA

Aug 19, 2003, 12:47 AM

Post #35 of 47 (1834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shyeow2] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

i think and it's i think the next batch is on september... not sure .. call up MKA and ask them ...

yeah dogs that are on heat are not allow to bring for training ... you won't want all the male dogs there running after you right ? Tongue praising is the same as food rewarding ... the dog is doing something to make you happy and they will be happy when u are happy !! Sly

if the dog decided to it's business on the spot then u gotta pick it up ... that is why you have to bring a plastic bag everytime u go for training ...

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Aug 19, 2003, 1:17 AM

Post #36 of 47 (1828 views)
Shortcut

oh thanks for the info. your pup look so cute.. is it a ECS or a ACS?
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 19, 2003, 1:23 AM

Post #37 of 47 (1827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shyeow2] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

next batch on 24th august? not true, not true. i think they still have at least another 3 more classes to go before graduation.

rewarding by food or not is personal preference, depends how u train ur dog at home. some ppl do reward the dog food there. and the class is only 1 hour long, not 2 hours. (2 sessions : 4-5pm class or 5-6pm class)

regards,
hunter

drew
ALPHA

Aug 19, 2003, 8:58 AM

Post #38 of 47 (1825 views)
Shortcut

FrownUnsure sob sob ...it's a cavalier king charles spaniel ... not ACS or ECS ... UnsureFrown

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 19, 2003, 9:13 AM

Post #39 of 47 (1824 views)
Shortcut

surprise surprise ~~~ and u were laughing at Joling yesterday when ppl ask her the dog is ACS or ECS. muahahahahahahah ~~~~~

dai sei, dai sei >:)

regards,
hunter

drew
ALPHA

Aug 19, 2003, 5:12 PM

Post #40 of 47 (1823 views)
Shortcut

no i did notla. .. people ask whether her dog is a springer spanielnot ACS or ECS... TongueTongue
sob sob Frown

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 19, 2003, 8:39 PM

Post #41 of 47 (1816 views)
Shortcut

hi,

springer spaniel or ACS or ECS, it's the same la. u laughed at ppl, now i laugh at u lo. it works this way. here goes :hehehehehehahahaha :)

anyway, don't feel sad. It's a rarely beautiful color so ppl might mistakenly thought yours is cocker spaniel mah. doesn't matter, beautiful is enough :)

regards,
hunter

drew
ALPHA

Aug 20, 2003, 1:12 AM

Post #42 of 47 (1808 views)
Shortcut

hermph ... u wait till someone ask whether your dog is a labrodor or not then u see me laugh at you or not !!! muahahhahaaa TongueTongue

of course he is nice ... Angelic my dog u see Angelic hahahhaaa

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 20, 2003, 3:15 AM

Post #43 of 47 (1806 views)
Shortcut

he is nice becoz he is derrick's grandson mar... u think becoz of u meh ? if not for derrick see u got a nice dog or not ! tak malu punya koko chai !

cheers,
minglmy

drew
ALPHA

Aug 20, 2003, 3:46 AM

Post #44 of 47 (1804 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

hahahhaa yeah but now i'm the step-father ... so in a way also becuz of me !!! TongueWink

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 20, 2003, 4:04 AM

Post #45 of 47 (1803 views)
Shortcut

becoz of ur butt lar...

cheers,
minglmy

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 20, 2003, 8:59 PM

Post #46 of 47 (1795 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughLaughLaugh

kokochai tai sei......hahaha kena jat again

drew
ALPHA

Aug 21, 2003, 2:03 AM

Post #47 of 47 (1790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

why dai sei ?? i din do anything also ?? Unsure

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my