Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

stanleysi
Novice

Aug 10, 2003, 12:51 PM

Post #1 of 47 (3129 views)
Shortcut
Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? Can't Post

Just wondering cause I was thinking of taking Coco there to look see look see :) ... so she not so blur next time when she goes for her real classes! Think should be due end this month or next ... Would be good for her to socialize informally with some other doggies as well!

Cheers

Stan

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 10, 2003, 7:48 PM

Post #2 of 47 (3126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanleysi] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

yes, there is training on 10/08/03, which is today. so feel free to take Coco there to look see look see. it starts from 4pm to 6pm.

regards,
hunter

JolinG
Doggyman

Aug 11, 2003, 6:12 AM

Post #3 of 47 (3115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

eloo.....

eh u training to become trainer arh today?

saw u like emr..toking to badri wanWink

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 11, 2003, 8:10 AM

Post #4 of 47 (3109 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

erm, nothin' much... just tryin' out to get some taste of it :)

regards,
hunter

drew
ALPHA

Aug 11, 2003, 8:15 AM

Post #5 of 47 (3108 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

wah... not bad har .. eh next week pinjam your hunter to me la .. to my class then i sure can lan c liao !! Wink

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 11, 2003, 8:18 AM

Post #6 of 47 (3107 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drew] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

if u use my hunter sorry to say that your lan c plan will be a failure :))

btw, your avatar looks gorgeous. (got new dog, old dog photo replaced immediately loooo~~~)

regards,
hunter

drew
ALPHA

Aug 11, 2003, 8:24 AM

Post #7 of 47 (3106 views)
Shortcut

won't ler ... my lan c plan sure work out next week... alvin told me to bring other dog come ma ... so plan to pinjam your hunter lo ... ahahhahaa

what to do ?? the first dog under my name leh ok !!! of cuz faster replace it right ??? Tongue ahhahahaaa

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 11, 2003, 8:54 AM

Post #8 of 47 (3104 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drew] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

aherm. not under your name don't sayang anymore. under your name then hug so close and take photo...

regards,
hunter

JolinG
Doggyman

Aug 11, 2003, 9:23 PM

Post #9 of 47 (3095 views)
Shortcut

oh cool lar

good also wat...at least got new n improved trainers around..

we need more trainers anyway...more patient wan that is!!WinkTongue

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 12, 2003, 8:44 AM

Post #10 of 47 (3086 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

lol. don't think i'm more improved than those experienced people there though. still in the process of learning :) and as for patience, i'm still wondering how much of it i have.

btw, didn't bring ur dog to training grounds?

regards,
hunter

JolinG
Doggyman

Aug 12, 2003, 8:56 AM

Post #11 of 47 (3085 views)
Shortcut

ehhe good lah its good to have more trainers lar!
im sure your more patient then...er...certain somebody's wife...ehhe u know who im toking bout rite?.
nolar...din bring doggie to train edi....last time brought winter...pass cgc...then shiok edi go enrol prenovice..then fail.....now also malas wan to take up again..no time to train properly lar..
got so many other dogs to give attention also...

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 12, 2003, 8:59 AM

Post #12 of 47 (3084 views)
Shortcut

hi,

oh well, training needs more time and patience. maybe obedience is not quite your interest, but ur dogs definitely do have bright chances for shows :) so, it's the same anyway.

regards,
hunter

JolinG
Doggyman

Aug 12, 2003, 9:02 AM

Post #13 of 47 (3083 views)
Shortcut

hello..
yea got good got bad lar
next time when i get a golden(hopefully!)
i wan to train properly lar......dun reall wan to get a show golden...to many in the rings anyway
just for obideince n agility!SmileSmile

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Aug 12, 2003, 8:37 PM

Post #14 of 47 (3075 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

I did went padang merbok look c look c on 10-08, i saw they teach 'stay' by cover the dog face / eyes. Why do they do like that??

I try it on my cocker spaniel at home, it's work! as i haven't introduce 'stay' to him yet...so surprise! coz Jojo i teach stay by hand signal only and she understand. Is it some reason behind it they do like that?

I saw there is a pug follow the trainner up and down, he is super obedient, sit down heel all follow the trainner is that the trainner dog?
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 12, 2003, 10:14 PM

Post #15 of 47 (3073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shyeow2] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

hmph, why do they do that? really, no one questioned that before. maybe by momentarily blocking the dogs' eyes, they wouldn't move forward? or it's possible that it's just a hand signal. i'm not sure myself.

anyway, it would be a plus if u give the command along with the signal to reinforce what u want from him... voice command works well too... and when emergency u want your dog to stay, u could shout stay to him from afar (as your dog might not notice u)

ooh yes, the little fellow is Piggy the pug, and yes, this smart little pug is the trainers' dog :)

regards,
hunter

drew
ALPHA

Aug 13, 2003, 6:47 AM

Post #16 of 47 (3064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shyeow2] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

that trainer is the owner of the pug ... and the trainer is my trainer !!! ahahhaaa didn't u see me ? the only guy in his class on that day as no one came !!! only 2 other girls with their silky ... i didn't bring my silky cuz she was on heat !! Tongue

princess_0920
Novice

Aug 15, 2003, 1:42 AM

Post #17 of 47 (3049 views)
Shortcut

hi hunter,
i have missed the chance in taking my prince(gr) to the padang merbok for training,i would like to ask u,is it for free or u have to pay for it? pls let me know if we have to pay,ok? btw,when will be the next traning again? just thinking to bring my babyprince to there,bcos he is toox3 naughty!tqWink

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 15, 2003, 2:30 AM

Post #18 of 47 (3048 views)
Shortcut

Yeaps, you are right ... its not so much "blocking" the dog's sight ... but a physical cue to reinforce the command "stay" ...

Holding out the flat of an open hand, is a common hand signal for "stay" ...

Just that some trainers/owners like to do this close to the dog's face ... and it can look as if they are trying to "blindfold" the dog ... Smile

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 15, 2003, 5:46 AM

Post #19 of 47 (3046 views)
Shortcut
Re: [princess_0920] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

this issue was discussed not too long ago at another thread, do check out about the price here :

http://www.puppy.com.my/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

no trainings this week because of Selayang Mall show. the next batch of new students will probably start class in 5 or 6 weeks time, what i was told by other trainers earlier.

but to be safe, do register yourself as early as possible. Classes get full quickly, so don't miss out!

ps : call up MKA office for registeration, or u could also check out the training classes at Padang Merbok at the next few Sundays (remember, no classes this week)

regards,
hunter

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 15, 2003, 5:55 AM

Post #20 of 47 (3045 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

yeah, a reinforcement.

i hold my hand close to the dog's face, as taught by trainers last time. still i can't figure out why do that. maybe to make the signal more obvious to the dogs :/ ????

regards,
hunter

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 15, 2003, 7:23 AM

Post #21 of 47 (3043 views)
Shortcut

In early part of training ... the hand is held close (as you correctly surmised) to make it obvious ... but as training progresses ... and the dog learns the cue ... the distance btw you & dog will be increased and the dog will recognise the your hand signal even from a distance ... Smile

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 15, 2003, 8:16 AM

Post #22 of 47 (3042 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

OH.... so that's the case. hey, thanks, i've really learnt somethin today :)

anyway, last time i used to do that often. now i got lazy and just simply wave my hand in front of my dog while askin' him to stay. works the same too :)

regards,
hunter

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 15, 2003, 8:46 AM

Post #23 of 47 (3039 views)
Shortcut

Smilelol

lazy lazy TongueWink j/k

try testing him with only the hand signal(i'm sure he'll do great)..then you'll really know if it worksSmile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 15, 2003, 9:13 AM

Post #24 of 47 (3036 views)
Shortcut

LOL ... I wave my hands too ... but that's my signal for ... "Get off me you silly animals - I need to keep clean for work!!!" ...Wink

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 15, 2003, 9:00 PM

Post #25 of 47 (3031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Any training at Padang Merbok on 10/08/03? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

hmph, don't think will give him only hand signal for the time being, that'll risk makin' him confused. but for higher levels at obedience, ONLY hand signals.

regards,
hunter

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my