hungry ghost

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

chennel
Novice

Aug 7, 2003, 7:25 PM

Post #1 of 38 (4806 views)
Shortcut
hungry ghost Can't Post

how to train my dog not to become a hungry ghost?? i'd notice my dog been eating very fast.... and also chases me whenever she knows it's time to feed her... running... jumping...watever... all she want is "FOOD"~!Pirate

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 7, 2003, 10:38 PM

Post #2 of 38 (4797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chennel] hungry ghost [In reply to] Can't Post

HAHAH! your subject very eye catchy ler..
Anyway, maybe you can help your dog by standing next to him when he eats.. or you can dice up the food for easier digestion if there's no way your dog would slow down his eating speed.... Cool

chennel
Novice

Aug 7, 2003, 10:47 PM

Post #3 of 38 (4794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] hungry ghost [In reply to] Can't Post

ai yoh.. standing next to him?? within 2 minutes then she can finished all her food.... doesn't she looks like a hungry ghost??? the main purpose i wanna reduce her eating speed is bcoz .............. i scared she might be a "HYPERACTIVE " dog!!!!!!!......... she's a female dog.. not a male dog...~.. canot be so rude!... Unsure

bomberZ

Aug 7, 2003, 11:03 PM

Post #4 of 38 (4792 views)
Shortcut

hi chennel,

somebody in this forum suggested to put some stone in dog's food bowl to stop your dog from eating too fast. I could recall who say this, but u can try to do a search on that.

If my memory serve me right, the logic behind this method is that since his food is block by the stone, your dog will need to eat slower and carefully eat his way "around" the stone.

If u want to use this method, I would suggest u to use those round, smooth stone them use in aquarium and not those roadside stone cos sharp and uneven surface might hurt your doggy. Perhaps u can start by placing 1/2 stone first and see how it goes.

I have the exact opposite problem from u. My dog take a long time to finish his meal and most of the time I have to stay beside him and ask him to finish it.

bomberZ

chennel
Novice

Aug 7, 2003, 11:07 PM

Post #5 of 38 (4790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bomberZ] hungry ghost [In reply to] Can't Post

stones???? my puppy is still 2 months old... she even tend to eat up a stone tat day...

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 7, 2003, 11:16 PM

Post #6 of 38 (4789 views)
Shortcut

Errrmmm... then maybe give the portion bit by bit lor.... Tongue

bomberZ

Aug 7, 2003, 11:27 PM

Post #7 of 38 (4787 views)
Shortcut

hi chennel,

not those small stone that can be eat but those medium/large size stone. U can try just put 1 large stone right in the center of the bowl. With that stone there, your dog cant eat in big gulp. He can only take small bite at a time. When almost finish, u remove the stone and let him finish the rest.

or else u can separate his meal into smaller portion. instead of feeding 1 large meal a day u feed 2 small meal a day.

bomberZ

(This post was edited by bomberZ on Aug 7, 2003, 11:28 PM)

makrawl
Canine Addict

Aug 8, 2003, 1:26 AM

Post #8 of 38 (4773 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bomberZ] hungry ghost [In reply to] Can't Post

yah! mine also very "dai siu jie". i have to stand beside them as i'm the servant or something like that?! when i move away, immediately they'll leave the bowls and follow me. i have to "shout" : "go back and eat!" then they'll gallop back, take a mouth full and follow me again (and repeat N times) Mad. i tried to tied them beside the bowl and move away, then turn a big round and come back from behind, and they just sit there staring at the direction where they lost their sight on me without even borthering the food.

problem comes when i'm outstation. they don't really eat if someone else feeds them. being too loyal also cause problem huh?!Unsure

bomberZ

Aug 8, 2003, 1:36 AM

Post #9 of 38 (4771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] hungry ghost [In reply to] Can't Post

hi makrawl,

seem like cocker is "like that 1". The other day in KK gathering i met another cocker owner, she said her cocker is very choosy on food and have to mix with some wetfood so that her dog eat faster. Boo is willing to eat without supervision IF i mix some pork or beef to it. Normally what i do is mix in some left-over pork from my mom soup, add some sugar, microware 30 seconds.

After that mix 1/2 to his 1 1/2 cup of dog kibble. So far record time is 5 minute to finish the whole meal without supervision. If only dry kibble, sometime he will eat 1-2 mouthful and then go walk here and there.. have to catch him back in front of the bowl and ask him to eat. so susah. Dry kibble take 15-20 minute under supervision to finish...

bomberZ

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 8, 2003, 1:46 AM

Post #10 of 38 (4769 views)
Shortcut

Watching them eating is not encourageble as they will make it a bad habit in the future. They wont eat unless u stand next to them...
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

chennel
Novice

Aug 8, 2003, 2:29 AM

Post #11 of 38 (4768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] hungry ghost [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm..... sounds like i should not stop my dog to become a hungry ghost hor??? hehee.... Cool

ginl
ALPHA

Aug 8, 2003, 4:02 AM

Post #12 of 38 (4766 views)
Shortcut

If you're feeding dry kibbles, you can try and scatter the kibbles on the floor...a bit messy of course but it will slow the eating....your dog will be pecking the kibbles like chicken Laugh

jimsbonbon123
New User

Aug 8, 2003, 6:05 AM

Post #13 of 38 (4761 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] hungry ghost [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha hehe.
All is not lost. At least you have learnt a trick or 2.
Cheers.

ginl
ALPHA

Aug 8, 2003, 6:18 AM

Post #14 of 38 (4758 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimsbonbon123] hungry ghost [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jim....yah just a trick or 2 Angelic....what is a bon bon?

jepi69
Novice

Aug 8, 2003, 7:08 AM

Post #15 of 38 (4752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] hungry ghost [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiya. BonBon is a type of lollipop that once upon a time, children could buy from the tuckshops at school for 5 sens each lah. Never went to school or wat or always on MC? ah!

ginl
ALPHA

Aug 8, 2003, 7:34 AM

Post #16 of 38 (4750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jepi69] hungry ghost [In reply to] Can't Post

How old are you??? Maybe your time they called it bonbon but my time we called it rorripop Tongue

BaoBao
Enthusiast

Aug 8, 2003, 7:35 AM

Post #17 of 38 (4749 views)
Shortcut

aiyooooo..... dun worry she's only a pup!!
all dogs were once 'hungry ghost' when they were still pup!!
my friend's GR (11 mths) even tried to chew my sis's finger when she fed her today!! and she bleed!!Crazy

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 8, 2003, 10:11 AM

Post #18 of 38 (4744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] hungry ghost [In reply to] Can't Post

ur rite on this.

Mocha & Summer will eat and then leave abt 2-3 spoonful for me to feed then when I'm home to play with them. If i'm not around, they know they wont go hungry coz its only 2-3 spoonful but if I'm around to feed them then good lor... got extra food ! too used to having me feed them at nite after i got back from work....

cheers,
minglmy

chennel
Novice

Aug 9, 2003, 1:40 AM

Post #19 of 38 (4722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jepi69] hungry ghost [In reply to] Can't Post

are u sure it calls BonBon??? i tot it calles Pong pong??? hmm..... maybe should check it out from our mummy n daddy~~`..

jepi69
Novice

Aug 9, 2003, 2:50 AM

Post #20 of 38 (4716 views)
Shortcut

Hi there chennel
bonbon.pong pong,pingpong ah ping or ah pong it is all a matter of name sake. It matters very little, so long someone is happy and enjoyed a joke, that is the objective!
One of these days when U meet up with Gina or Ginl she will explain OK?
Chowdemou as what the scamp boys said over Radio4.

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 9, 2003, 10:36 PM

Post #21 of 38 (4707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] hungry ghost [In reply to] Can't Post

AHHAHHAHAH!! When Jaz knows that I am going to feed her kibbles, she will refuse to eat.. she wants me to pour the kibbles on her bowl.. sit down on the floor with her and start feeding her one kibble by one!!! very notty man!! So manja!!! Then she will chew and play with her food abit.. swallow, then come and get the next one from me!!! Pirate

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 10, 2003, 12:08 AM

Post #22 of 38 (4705 views)
Shortcut

one kibble by one kibble ar ? i guess it takes u forever man ! gosh, u really pamper her ya. Mine ar ? by the time i feed them they still dun wan to eat then i guess i will give up oledi lor.

cheers,
minglmy

myra
Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2003, 1:48 AM

Post #23 of 38 (4702 views)
Shortcut

hi chennel....

my lil fat piggie blossom (jrt) is like tat too..... she gobbles down her kibbles like there's no 2mrw..... now i give her a smaller portion....but she's still swallowing w/o chewing so i gave up.... as long as she's eating, i'm happy.....mention the word "mamam" only, can hear her runningCrazy smell any1 eating only, she'll b by your side looking at u wit sad eyes saying gimme, gimme, gimme.....LaughLaughLaugh bubbles (min pin) is the total opposite..... fussy bout her food & takes longer 2 finish...... have to hand feed sometimes....Unsure

BlushbubBles,WinkmyRA,CoolTigger & TonguebloSSom

(This post was edited by myra on Aug 10, 2003, 1:52 AM)

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 10, 2003, 4:25 AM

Post #24 of 38 (4697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] hungry ghost [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeahman..now you know... I spend my whole weekend with Jaz only if possible. She wants to play and eat with me....Wink so no choice ler....

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 11, 2003, 6:28 AM

Post #25 of 38 (4688 views)
Shortcut

wah, manja lar like dat. then bf sure get jealous lor.

cheers,
minglmy

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my