Fever in dogs

Derrickok
Novice

Dec 2, 2001, 8:43 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1722 views)
Shortcut
Fever in dogs Can't Post

Hello members,
Few months ago I remembered I came across an article re treating dogs with fever from a member of this forum.
Here is what the professional had to say. The following article is an extract from EMAZING com found in the home page of MSN and is entitled 'Dog tip of the day'

TEMPERATURE FACTS

The Physiology of Body Temperature
Find out the biology behind fevers.

Causes of Fevers.Learn what causes fevers and why your pet is sceptible to them.

Ways to Take a Temperature. Discover the many ways to monitor your pet’s temperature.

Treatments
Read how to treat your pet in case of a fever.

Causes of Fevers

Most people and their pets experience the occasional fever. Most fevers are the result of transient viral and bacterial infections that may or may not require treatment. Veterinary consultation is recommended.

Fevers in pets may also be due to a number of other reasons. Some of the major causes of fever are:
Immunological factors
Pneumonia
Sinus Tachycardia
Heat Stroke
Dehydration
Common Viruses
Reaction to a Transfusion

Fevers may also be the result of an unknown factor. Finding the origins of an unknown fever can be difficult. genetic reasons for their illness. For example, these pets may suffer from chronic bacterial infection due to a genetically weak immune
system. You should consult your veterinarian as soon as possible to determine the exact nature of your pet’s illness.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my