Do your dogs sleep indoors or outdoors?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 3, 2003, 8:10 AM

Post #1 of 92 (3972 views)
Shortcut
Do your dogs sleep indoors or outdoors? Can't Post

Do your dogs sleep indoors or outdoors? or some in..some out??

Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 3, 2003, 9:34 PM

Post #2 of 92 (3963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Do your dogs sleep indoors or outdoors? [In reply to] Can't Post

my doodle sleep outdoor.

Because of his fur. He really shed alot. Will this be only puppyhood or until he grows up also still shed so much?

Die lor like thatPirate

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 4, 2003, 1:15 AM

Post #3 of 92 (3961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doodle] Do your dogs sleep indoors or outdoors? [In reply to] Can't Post

He's a pup right? He should be shedding more now because he's shedding his puppy coat and growing adult fur.

When he finally has his adult coat,he'll shed lessSmile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

ashley
ALPHA

Aug 4, 2003, 1:20 AM

Post #4 of 92 (3960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Do your dogs sleep indoors or outdoors? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi !! all my furkids sleep indoor. 2 of my chihuahua sleep with me.

Only the shitzu sleep at living room. When raining time, i will let her ( shitzu girl) sleep with me ! Smile
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 4, 2003, 4:44 PM

Post #5 of 92 (3953 views)
Shortcut

phew! i m really glad...

cause jeff's dad starts to complain about the fur already. He said so much fur!!! until become fur ball. I am beginning to get worried also.

When will he have adult coat? roughly a year old?

Trivor
K9 Servant

Aug 4, 2003, 4:48 PM

Post #6 of 92 (3953 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] Do your dogs sleep indoors or outdoors? [In reply to] Can't Post

Mine too!! Trivor sleeps with us on the master bedroom. Although she sheds alot too, I mean, A LOT Crazy but that doesn't matter lahhh...

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

sweeeng
ALPHA

Aug 4, 2003, 5:33 PM

Post #7 of 92 (3952 views)
Shortcut

My smaller dogs use to sleep in the same room with me but now no more ... cos they like to jump up the bed and my hubby jes can't get use to it.. he..he...

regards,
sweeeng

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 4, 2003, 6:12 PM

Post #8 of 92 (3948 views)
Shortcut

hmm...depending on the breed..larger breeds mature later..so i think a basset is abt 1yr ++? somwhere between 1-2 yrs..Smile

sweeeng: hehe..even when everyone is quiet(u and hubby sleeping),they like to jump? WinkTongue
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 4, 2003, 10:15 PM

Post #9 of 92 (3946 views)
Shortcut

That's a very long way to go. Crazy

I think can collect the furball and make into pillows for him.

One thing about doodle, he likes scratching his armpit area. Does that speeds up the shedding?
how do you deal with rashes?

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Aug 5, 2003, 2:55 AM

Post #10 of 92 (3942 views)
Shortcut

CrazyCrazy hmm...

well mitcher boy sleeps with me... but sometimes he choose to sleep outside dunno why? i always ask him.... where do you wanna sleep tonight ? if he comes in then he wants to sleep with me... or if he choose to stay outside then i have no choice but to let him sleep at the door... or maybe he hoose to stay in the kitcen... hehehe.. basicly he sleeps everywhere... hehehe... all depends to him... Tongue
~~~ It'S a DoGgY DoG WorLD~~

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

YUMIKO masaki @ charming PARIS girl
love's dogs... true dog lover !!!
My PETS, My FRIEND, My FAMILY

MY DEAREST MITCHER BOY MUMMY WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU 13TH MAY 2007

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 5, 2003, 3:47 AM

Post #11 of 92 (3941 views)
Shortcut

indoor for both of my notty lill fella's

cheers,
minglmy

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 5, 2003, 7:12 AM

Post #12 of 92 (3935 views)
Shortcut

lol...hehe...can recycleSmile some ppl actually do that.

hmm...scratching does help the shedding but i don't think it speeds it up. Try grooming him more oftenSmile Scratching the arm pits? don't know...the weird thing abt Tyson is that he has no fur on his armpitCrazy Is that normal?

Rashes? I've never dealt with that before...so i don't know. Right now Tyson has a small skin problem on his ear. Applying tea tree oil, some dettol and some anti-bacterial cream..Crazy so far the weird bumps and dry skin are gone..but still no fur growing..
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 5, 2003, 6:26 PM

Post #13 of 92 (3933 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i' ve seen a documentary on ASTRO where they use their doggie's fur to knit clothes!!

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 5, 2003, 11:50 PM

Post #14 of 92 (3929 views)
Shortcut

Hahhaha... tyson no armpit hair ah?

So no need to use Rexona? Crazy

I think i am going to get doodle tea tree oil and see whether it helps

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 5, 2003, 11:55 PM

Post #15 of 92 (3927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Do your dogs sleep indoors or outdoors? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yerrr.. they dare to wear ah?
What if got kutu how?

Extra material... ka liu

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 5, 2003, 11:56 PM

Post #16 of 92 (3927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Do your dogs sleep indoors or outdoors? [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess usually small dogs are kept indoor and big one out / in on occasional basis ler... How to fit a big dog in door all the time?

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 6, 2003, 2:05 AM

Post #17 of 92 (3924 views)
Shortcut

hehe..but i'm a bit worried though. When skin and skin rub plus a little moisture..can cause skin "burn" something like when u rub your hand too fast on the carpetUnsure or when you drag a human on the tile/marble floor..hehe i found this out when i was younger..playing with my bro. the area where your skin and floor touch...very red and painful.

aiks? tea tree oil? for what?

if the rash is caused by bacteria then it might help BUT if it's caused by allergy or anything else, it might make it worseUnsure
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 6, 2003, 2:47 AM

Post #18 of 92 (3923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Do your dogs sleep indoors or outdoors? [In reply to] Can't Post

you are right ! I cannot imagine a BIG dog being indoor most of the time ler. Small dog easier kena stolen also ler

cheers,
minglmy

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 6, 2003, 6:48 AM

Post #19 of 92 (3921 views)
Shortcut

I know what you mean. When it happens to me, especially at my leg. It caused blister.

I asked another pet shop owner about rashes, and she recommended me tea tree oil. She says, it will hapuskan immediately wor?

How to determine caused by what? The rashes is at his legs, and arm pit and a little at the neck.

My petshop owner suspect that his cage dirty but doodle sleeps on his back, not on tummy also?

We suspect it is the food but not too sure.

We are feeding him Canidae

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 6, 2003, 7:51 AM

Post #20 of 92 (3918 views)
Shortcut

hmm..don't know lar..i only know that tea tree oil has anti-bacterial and moisturising(it is oil after all) properties

that one have to ask the vet...or maybe you can find ou yourself..try changing his food. When you have changed, if no side effects ,then you know its caused by allergies lar Smile of course,this will take long time and have to spend money on different types of food. Not sure abt that brand,nvr tried it..I'm feeding tyson eukanuba(planning to change to Natural Balance because he's bored with euk.) for breakfast and lamb/beef/liver/rice/veggie for lunch and dinner. For Silky I feed her lamb/beef/rice/veggie.

It could be that also. Although doodle sleeps mostly on his back,his stomach will surely touch the cage at least once. That's enough for millions of bacteria to transfer from the cage to his belly. But then again, dogs don't usually get rashes from bacteria(i think), maybe when there's an open wound,then you'll get a horrible infection if the dog's immune system is not strong enough to fight off the bacteria.Unsurethat's a whole different story...
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 6, 2003, 7:25 PM

Post #21 of 92 (3915 views)
Shortcut

ya, maybe food also.

U know sometimes they give us sample wan right? I mean other dog food brand. But too little la to know the out come. But want to buy big packet also scared doodle might not like it or other side effect. Know what I mean?

Doodle ate eagle pack before only. only these 2 brands and we dare not give chicken. All lamb and rice. It seems that chicken can provoke skin disease especially when they are young and especially basset hound. Not saying that chicken is bad but we were to told to wait first till he grow up.

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 6, 2003, 9:28 PM

Post #22 of 92 (3913 views)
Shortcut

Yeah and not forgetting they can sneak out pipes or even thorugh our gate or underneath it.... more precious and petite ler.. keep indoor better Wink

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 7, 2003, 6:52 AM

Post #23 of 92 (3905 views)
Shortcut

Yea..know what you mean..

skin disease? didn't know it could get that serious..i thought only allergy.Unsure

hmm...maybe try feeding doodle BARF? 100% natural...hehe...don't worry though,dogs love it.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 7, 2003, 8:16 AM

Post #24 of 92 (3903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Do your dogs sleep indoors or outdoors? [In reply to] Can't Post

yalor...can really imagine mocha and summer sniffing at the drain pipes and sneak out thru the lil space there lor ! luckily i got all the flower pots covering all the loop holes ler.

cheers,
minglmy

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 7, 2003, 4:40 PM

Post #25 of 92 (3900 views)
Shortcut

Just mop and clean the house often enough, it won't smell wan lar..

Give constant brushing or wipe it every now and then instead of showering will do good...

Or spray a bit of dog cologne... but I would avoid this as it's chemical afterall... Wink

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my