Sick minipin?

minipin
Novice

Aug 2, 2003, 10:41 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1145 views)
Shortcut
Sick minipin? Can't Post

Hi,

I've got a minipin and lately I realised that her fur is shedding. Lot's of them! And she has patches on her skin without fur as well. Is this normal or is she sick?

The other day, she got a cramp on her leg. She's about 4 years old only. I am worried. Is she going to die?

I don't know much about dogs. Hope that you guys will help me out here!

Florence

myra
Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2003, 7:22 AM

Post #2 of 9 (1142 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minipin] Sick minipin? [In reply to] Can't Post

get her 2 a vet if u suspect something wrong.... they are the only ones tat can tell u wats really happening 2 ur min pin....

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 3, 2003, 9:19 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1141 views)
Shortcut

i think you should bring him to thet vet

well,he might not die...but u nvr noe. It could be symptoms of a serious illness
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Aug 4, 2003, 8:23 PM

Post #4 of 9 (1133 views)
Shortcut

hi... plzplz bring oyur minpin to see a vet as soon as possible... and plz update us with your minpin condition ok?

i send all my best wishes and luck to you and hope that you mipin can get well soon... Smile
~~~ It'S a DoGgY DoG WorLD~~

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

YUMIKO masaki @ charming PARIS girl
love's dogs... true dog lover !!!
My PETS, My FRIEND, My FAMILY

MY DEAREST MITCHER BOY MUMMY WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU 13TH MAY 2007

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 6, 2003, 4:52 AM

Post #5 of 9 (1127 views)
Shortcut

Hey flo,

i dont know that winnie is shedding that much!! you should bring her to the vet asap. and dont worry, she wont die ok?

Eve
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

(This post was edited by lulugurl on Aug 6, 2003, 4:53 AM)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 6, 2003, 9:22 AM

Post #6 of 9 (1125 views)
Shortcut

Florence,

I hope that your minpin is getting better. From what you have written I heard from my vet who told me that its most probably due to skin disease. It could also be from the food that you dog is eating that cud cause the skin problem.

Hope and pray that your minpin will get better soon !

cheers,
minglmy

minipin
Novice

Aug 13, 2003, 10:21 PM

Post #7 of 9 (1114 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] Sick minipin? [In reply to] Can't Post

Eve,

Winnie is really shedding lots of fur man! Is it becos she's wearing a doggy shirt now? Since she's wearing the shirt, we can really see lots of fur stuck on her shirt! And when we bathe her, so much fur comes out!

If about th food, she's only eating doggy food now. And somemore, we're giving her the nutricoat. Abit worried la. And not allowing her into the house now.

Florence

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 14, 2003, 2:58 AM

Post #8 of 9 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Hi Florence,

Have u taken Winnie to the vet yet? U should, if you want to know what's wrong. However, sometimes dogs do have their 'shedding' season. Like puppies when they reach the age of roughly 5-7 months they will start to shed off their puppy fur and new (usually) coarser adult fur will grow.

I own a Spitz and my dog b4 that was also a Spitz. They too, have their shedding season but it will go off naturally.

On the other hand, supplement like Nutricoat is what it is - a supplement. It doesn't work immediately on the dog. Smile Give it some time. Problem or no problem, it did improve my dog's coat condition.

But if u're still worried, pls take ur little one to the vet for a professional opinion. IF there is a problem, at least you can treat it early.

Kowie
ALPHA

Aug 14, 2003, 11:00 AM

Post #9 of 9 (1100 views)
Shortcut

Hi,
hope your Min Pin gets well soon. If I'm not wrong aren't Min Pins infamous for skin problems?? Like what the other members suggested, please take her to see a vet. And a word of caution, small dogs are prime targets of dognappers. How about keeping her indoors but in an enclosed space (eg crate?)?
Just a suggestion.

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my