Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Sensitive Skin

tyran
Novice

Jul 5, 2002, 5:55 PM

Post #1 of 12 (3929 views)
Shortcut
Sensitive Skin Can't Post

I had a beagle abt 1.5 months. When I took it back from the breeder, it was vacinated & de-worm (according to the breeder). I straight away went to the vet and he told me that the pup has sensitive skin and gave liquid medicine for the pup. (It got some black spreading dot in its abdomen) Been feeding it the medicine for 3 days. The vet told me that the pup is healthy but I'm still a bit concern. Could any one advice me on that?

The vet said that it's very common for some pup to hv sensitive skin at early stage, is it true?

Thanks in advance! :)

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 5, 2002, 8:30 PM

Post #2 of 12 (3922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tyran] Sensitive Skin [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi tyran,
I can't comment on your issue.. Frown
But, I believe, ur concern should be voiced out in the 'General Dog Health Care' section.

Anyway, I'm surprised to read this "it was vacinated & de-worm (according to the breeder)." ... Didn't the breeder give u the vet report for this pup about injections ?? U should keep the vet report so that u know when were the injections and what type were they etc, etc..

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

joonkeet

Jul 5, 2002, 9:06 PM

Post #3 of 12 (3919 views)
Shortcut

All puppies will have skin problems. Maybe it is not sensitive skin at all. Maybe he has mange or something? You can ask your vet to scrap your beagle to check on it though. Its better to diagnose early before it get worse.

Regards
Joseph

Consult a vet. Be kind to pet

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 5, 2002, 10:09 PM

Post #4 of 12 (3916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joonkeet] Sensitive Skin [In reply to] Can't Post

That reminds me!! Wink
Infact, there's a dog food which guaranteed skin and coat performance in the market....actually, Rex is fed on those.. Rex is shedding now, but I can't see the difference. Its coat looks as good as before..
It could due to this brand of dog food.
Not too sure I can advertise the name, but if u want to try out, pls. email me.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

tyran
Novice

Jul 7, 2002, 7:52 AM

Post #5 of 12 (3902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Sensitive Skin [In reply to] Can't Post

Is the produst start with an E*******K ? :p

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 8, 2002, 6:28 PM

Post #6 of 12 (3892 views)
Shortcut

nope. I know that brand..but not sure if it helps.
This starts with 'N'
I was told it's quite new in the market (less than 4 months)..

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

tyran
Novice

Jul 9, 2002, 10:38 PM

Post #7 of 12 (3879 views)
Shortcut

is it N****** R***** ?

when you checked on the internet, only E****P**k and E******A is super premium cetified by AAFCO. the rest are only premium and low. Someone recommend me to use E****P**k coz it doenlt need to add supplement whish the product itself already hv 8 supplements.

Been using it for my beagle, think the skin is ok now. But still there is black spot on the leg and stomach.

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 9, 2002, 11:24 PM

Post #8 of 12 (3878 views)
Shortcut

hi tyran,
Not sure what is "N****** R*****" Blush
I don't think it's certified by AAFCO.. I just checked the web site.... it's not stated.
Anyway, before this brand, I tried on brand certifed by AAFCO, but the result was so-so.
As I said, it claims to lighten the black spot on the stomach, and there r even pictures in its web site proving their theories...
It's considered a premium brand.. it cost RM140 per bag (16.5 kg..I think) .

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

tyran
Novice

Jul 10, 2002, 12:21 AM

Post #9 of 12 (3876 views)
Shortcut

Really?

then wat is the product name? or the web site address?

you can mail me at kwwan@intelli-mark.com.my

Many thanks!

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 10, 2002, 12:40 AM

Post #10 of 12 (3872 views)
Shortcut

Done!
regards,

CD Moo

Aivee
Novice

Jul 11, 2002, 9:10 PM

Post #11 of 12 (3860 views)
Shortcut

Dear Tyran

I do not understand the abbreviations of E***, N**R**, & so on. However, I do believe that if we do find something good in the market, we are entitled to name them for the sake of our pets. Then eveybody online will be able to share their particular experience with a certain brand of food and ease the task of selecting a suitable brand.

This is what I am going to do unless of course my post is blacklisted.

I used to feed my cats ProPlan, then Iams and now Nutro. I find significant changes in them especially the less healthy ones. Their coats are more shinny and they have never once vomited on their food since. Of course, I have only been feeding them on Nutro for the last 2 months.

Iams was pretty ok until I read how they tortured the animals for the sake of testing and research.

See : http://www.uncaged.co.uk/iams.htm#comment

(read the Summary Studies to see what they do to the dogs and cats).

I was given a sample by a lady (saleswoman??) and some literatures. It seems Nutro does not use by-products and so I tested it. Of course 2 packets of sample does not help with 9 cats. I even tasted it myself.

So I decided to try out a big bag of 7.5kg. So far so good.

Three doors away, my neighbour bought the Lamb & Rice for her Dalmantian and she told me that her dog who suffers from spots (belly) seems to be recovering. She said the person told her that corn products causes allergies in dogs. I have not checked with her recently how's he's doing (Too busy).

I stays in Cheras and I have the food delivered to me twice a month(maybe becoz I'm getting a big pack or possible she have a few customers here).

Regards

Meow Meow

Yuki79
Dog Kichi

Aug 31, 2002, 8:45 AM

Post #12 of 12 (3835 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I had a beagle abt 1.5 months. When I took it back from the breeder, it was vacinated & de-worm (according to the breeder). I straight away went to the vet and he told me that the pup has sensitive skin and gave liquid medicine for the pup. (It got some black spreading dot in its abdomen) Been feeding it the medicine for 3 days. The vet told me that the pup is healthy but I'm still a bit concern. Could any one advice me on that?

The vet said that it's very common for some pup to hv sensitive skin at early stage, is it true?

Thanks in advance! :)

hi tyran,

my silky also have the same problem with ur pup. i also take the medicine from the vet when i bring him for 2nd vaccination. now already 2 weeks, the few black dot still have.

the vet also said it is common for younger pup as wat ur vet said!

so how r ur pup now? getting better or not?

regards,

Yuki

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my