First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Elly
ALPHA

Jul 30, 2003, 7:37 PM

Post #1 of 77 (4215 views)
Shortcut
Sleeping with dogs~ Can't Post

Dear all,

Just wanna ask...is it good/healthy to have dogs sleeping with u in a room?

Well, I've been sleeping with my dane and basset for more than a year now. And of course when my parents/parents in law come over to stay with us, they will make hell lot of noise! Asking us to leave the dogs outside as breathing their hair is not good!Crazy

So just wonderin, is there any health information on this issue? Angelic

I believe a lot of members here are keeping their dogs indoor.... what do u think? Wink

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 30, 2003, 9:01 PM

Post #2 of 77 (4201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Elly] Sleeping with dogs~ [In reply to] Can't Post

hello,

i think it's really no good for those with asthma... not too sure. anyway, ur dane and basset should be short hair, probably not as serious as having long haired dogs sleeping together!

imagine the tiny hair flyin' around in the room everyday for so many hours. we probably breathed in lots of 'em...

all we can do is to vacumm more often :/

regards,
hunter

Kowie
ALPHA

Jul 30, 2003, 9:02 PM

Post #3 of 77 (4200 views)
Shortcut

Hi Elly!

I'm not too sure about the "healthy" coz I think it's subjective. Maybe if your furkids had long fur and shed a lot it would be unhealthy or if one of your have breathing problems (eg. sinus). My doctor advised me against this but since both your furkids are short haired and you haven't had any trouble so far.. Why not?Wink

I sleep with Ah Kow and the only health hazard that I've experienced so far is her kicking and snoring. She often tries to push me off the bed too! Unsure

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

ashley
ALPHA

Jul 30, 2003, 10:25 PM

Post #4 of 77 (4192 views)
Shortcut

Hai Elly, finally got member post this question!
last time i already asking other member too!Tongue
My mum also not allow i sleep with my furkids. So she keep on update the news with me " u still sleep with ur dog ??" Mad. The only thing i can do " no lah!!"Crazy But i ask the Vet Dr b4, he tell me beter dont cos we not sure K9 will carry any bateria for human !!Unsure so how ?? any idea Shocked
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

cris
Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2003, 10:46 PM

Post #5 of 77 (4189 views)
Shortcut

I dont think it is good to sleep with the dogs. Imagine all the furs flying about in your room. You can even notice if you dont vacuum your room for few days, you can finds their furs everywhere, on top of cabinet, everywhere. So if you have them in the room, you can imagine how many of their tiny furs are in your lung by now. Of course unless you are free to vacuum everyday.

Trivor
K9 Servant

Jul 30, 2003, 11:40 PM

Post #6 of 77 (4184 views)
Shortcut

Aiyaya, so many people object the idea ahhh? I sleep with Trivor everynight... Blush So far ok-lahhh. we are in the same room, not same bed. She loves to sleep on the balcony, cooler qua??
I have a sensitive nose, I sneeze every morning, but it doesn't worsen with the fur...
Yes, agree with alot of fur flying around. I have to mop the floor every alternate day and clean my bed sheet every week Crazy... give and take mahh...

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

Elly
ALPHA

Jul 30, 2003, 11:58 PM

Post #7 of 77 (4183 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Sleeping with dogs~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

not only the hair..but the smell as well. Both side of my parents totally against on it. Crazy

But of course we dont care so much lah..Tongue

Both my furkids sleep on their own mattresses with pillows and blankets. But then, the hair is all over the place!

I did try once to put both of them outside the house. Lady (my dane) non-stop kicking the front door..Crazy, door also almost "runtuh" and is so noisy! Unsure but we just ignored them.

Guess what happen the next morning....??? Both of them chewed my hubby's car bumper..~Crazy Hubby got so mad...from then on, we never put them outside loh~.

Elly
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 12:01 AM

Post #8 of 77 (4181 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowie] Sleeping with dogs~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kowie,

Tell me about snoring...~ My fatty basset snorrrrrr!Crazy Sometimes have to kick her then she'll stop snoring... sigh...guess is definately not a good idea to sleep with dogs huh?

Elly
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 12:04 AM

Post #9 of 77 (4180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] Sleeping with dogs~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah ashley,

same here...everytime when my mum calls, I will sure tell her am no longer sleeping with the dgos. kekekkekekeke...Wink

I will keep them outdoor next time when I move to another place. Get them a nice separate room with fan/aircond. Angelic what to do?Unsure they are my daughters mah...Tongue

Elly
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 12:11 AM

Post #10 of 77 (4177 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cris] Sleeping with dogs~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Cris,

of course am not that free to vacuum everyday..BlushFrown what I do is to change my bedsheet, pillow case, bolster case, quilt cover every 2 weeks.

But I still like the idea of them sleeping together with me as my hubby is not at home most of the time. At least u know there is somebody with you in the room. Smile but of course sometimes if middle of the night, out of sudden they growl or bark...~ sure scared the shit of of me one...as though there is "intruder"...yyyiiiiiiiiiii, scared, scared~CrazyUnimpressed

Elly
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 12:20 AM

Post #11 of 77 (4177 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] Sleeping with dogs~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

yours one at balcony I think is ok...ours one in an aircond, all covered room.Unimpressed

I remembered once my sis came over to my house. Middle of the night, my sis cannot tahan and went downstairs to sleep on the sofa...Blush felt so bad~Unsure

ashley
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 12:33 AM

Post #12 of 77 (4174 views)
Shortcut

Hi Elly, my ginger (chihuahua) she wont sleep outside alone may be from puppy until today she never sleep ourside. When is bed time, i just say " ger, go oui oui lia!! " she will faster run to my bed and chooice a good fong shui place. CrazyTongue

If i let her sleep outside the whole night i need to wake up cos she will cry and kick the door like ur sasha and ladies! Frown

My shitzu i only give her sleep with me when raining time, cos she scare thunder. UnsureBlush

When u move to other place they also will follow u, i dont think they can sleep alone.... that time they will cry and kick the door !!Tongue
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

(This post was edited by ashley on Jul 31, 2003, 12:38 AM)

cris
Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2003, 12:37 AM

Post #13 of 77 (4173 views)
Shortcut

i have my dogs sleep in the living room...even then the place is full of furs. I have to vacuum every alternate day. My sisters look at me and started to shake their heads...what to do....smile. They are like my children in fact better than my children for they dont argue with me...hahahah

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 31, 2003, 3:03 AM

Post #14 of 77 (4167 views)
Shortcut

Hi Elly,

Good question. I'm not sure abt the hair thingy but come to think of it.... there is some sense into what they are saying lar.

I have sensitive nose (sinus) but the reason why Mocha and Summer is not sleeping with me is because my house is double story and the stairs is those with lubang in between.

I'm more worried of their safety esp when they love to jump around. I have this phobia that they will fall down while jumping up the stairs and break their leg or worst still die due to the height from the fall.

So, now they sleep in the kitchen lor.... I doubt that even with my own home next time I will allow them to sleep with me in the bedroom as I have sinus lor...

cheers,
minglmy

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 3:51 AM

Post #15 of 77 (4164 views)
Shortcut

That's a very good question actually.. me and lulugurl don't mind Jaz hoping up our bed and mingle around our sheets.... but my mom will go crazy and dad would chase Jaz out... so whenever Jaz tries to 'charged' into our room, she will check-check and see if my mom or dad is around before she RUNS in to the room and settle herself down on Eve's bed... Wink.. I think it's not advisable to sleep together as mentioned :

Bacteria / Smell / Fur flying all over

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 4:34 AM

Post #16 of 77 (4161 views)
Shortcut

hi,

my dad is also against on Hunter sleeping in my room (it's also closed and air conditioned). he is smell-free, but the problem is the hair.

at night at 2am or so i'll go downstairs to set Hunter free (he is always locked backyard by my dad) and sneak upstairs with him to my room quietly... have to put a stuff ribena berry toy in his mouth to soften the breathing sound :/

hehe. good thing ur dogs end up inside the house anyway. wouldn't want the four car tyres chewed off the next morning~~~~

regards,
hunter

ginl
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 6:06 AM

Post #17 of 77 (4158 views)
Shortcut

Well Biscuit sleeps on our bed...has been sleeping with me ever since he was about 5 mths old....last time our family dogs, they used to sleep with me too...and yeah parents were against it...mum made sure the dog was outside the room when it's time to go to bed...but dog smart...dog waited till mum went in and out of sight, dog sneaked into room and onto my bed Laugh

James' mum is against having dogs inside the hse let alone on the bed, that is why i hope she never visits and stays with us (ssshhhhh!!), else i dunno what to do, he can't sleep without sleeping with me and i can't sleep without him there too! Unsure

Is it good or bad? Who knows...cud be bad but then again so is smoking and i still do it so.... Tongue

BaoBao
Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2003, 6:36 AM

Post #18 of 77 (4153 views)
Shortcut

Hi!! My baobao (shih tzu) has been sharing the same bed with me since the day i brought him home.. when my dad was still living with us, baobao can only stay in my room... but after my father moved away, YEAH!! we have the whole apartment ourselves!! YAS! one apartment for me, my sis and baobao~ sometimes, if we bring our GR back, she will sleep with us too~ Wink
but i always leave the window open for fresh air Smile

i_idnic
Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2003, 6:42 AM

Post #19 of 77 (4150 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Sleeping with dogs~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Good or bad no one know... the main thing is "Don't worry be happy"...Wink Once happy every sickness or probelms will gone....
Why I said so...cause my dogs also sleep with me not only same bedroom but also bed....heheheTongue

Elly
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 7:55 AM

Post #20 of 77 (4146 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Sleeping with dogs~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Yang,

Smile My lady and sasha runing up and down the stairs like nobody's business. Trained them since they r still puppy. No choice, or else I have to carry them one by one up to the room. I dont have that much of energy though...Crazy Lady and Sasha r way too heavy~Cool

They treat it as an exercise...so I got nothing to worry~Wink

Elly
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 7:58 AM

Post #21 of 77 (4144 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Sleeping with dogs~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Gina,

That's a cool reply. CoolTruly agree with you....but still, am thinking of leaving them outside once I move to my own place. Or else, what is the purpose of keeping a dog where they are not outside "jaga" the house at night...?~

Now looking at them sleeping peacefully on the floor...sigh, sakit hati also if put them outside....~ We'll see when time comes lah..~Angelic

Elly
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 8:02 AM

Post #22 of 77 (4143 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BaoBao] Sleeping with dogs~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Wow...so happy your dad move away ah?Wink

Well, I just hope someone will tell me how serious will it be if sleep with Dogs....~ what potential sicknesses? Breathing problem? etc etc...

Of course I hope nothing major lah coz am sleeping with my doggies too. Smile

Kowie
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 8:08 AM

Post #23 of 77 (4143 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

Maybe if you really don't want them to sleep elsewhere you can try one of those airpurifier thingies. My boyfriend has one at his place and it seems to be doing an ok job so far. He has six dogs, 3 shih tzus, 1 shih tzu mix, 1 lab and 1 spitz mix, so you can imagine lah.. Like snow has come to Malaysia!! Sly

Hope you can find a good solution!!! If not very expensive wor... if everytime have to fix car...Tongue

Elly
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 8:12 AM

Post #24 of 77 (4142 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowie] Sleeping with dogs~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Really? Where can I get those airpurifier thingy then? Wink

Kowie
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 8:16 AM

Post #25 of 77 (4141 views)
Shortcut

Not so sure.. I'll check for you? It's quite large...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my