Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
One more question about biting ; )

OwnerOfEvilPup
Novice

Jul 30, 2003, 11:43 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1170 views)
Shortcut
One more question about biting ; ) Can't Post

oki thanx guys! but i just have 1 more question...for now haha but ummm...when she, say, chews on my hair, how do i punish her? If i just push her away, she jumps back at me or makes an attempt to bite my face off. I was told by a dog-lover friend that you are supposed to hold their muzzle shut till they wimper. But when i do so, she's even snappier when i let go. Unsuresigh** its a hard-knock life as a puppy owner...hahaha i can hear my sister chasing the puppy & telling her NO so i better go check it out. thnx 4 your support!Smile

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 30, 2003, 11:47 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [OwnerOfEvilPup] One more question about biting ; ) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hahhaha.... what a scene! I do agree with your friend. Shut her mouth with a firm NO. then release, then repeat, and release till she gets it.

Last time when bit on me (not hair though..), I bit him back. Bit his paws, bit his droopy ears, TongueWink not abusive ... but to let him know: hey~ it's pain!!!

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

Terry
K9 Kaki

Jul 30, 2003, 8:05 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [OwnerOfEvilPup] One more question about biting ; ) [In reply to] Can't Post

Our Billy does the same. Loves going after my hand and my fingers. Worse still his teeth is getting sharper. Tried firmly saying "No", tried holding his mouth shut and tried pushing his own hands into his mouth when he tries to bite me - so far - no effect.

Best effect, I bring out the case and at the sight of it he stops. Also followed by many shouts of firm "No".

TerryPirate

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my