Caution!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

chris78
K9 Maniac

Jul 29, 2003, 4:50 PM

Post #1 of 131 (4389 views)
Shortcut
Caution!!! Can't Post

I really do agree that before getting a dog we should really be alert and make sure that everything is up to the expectation before we get a puppy home. Many breeders tend to sell off their pups without concern. Whether it is show potential or pet quality, I still think that it is up to the purchaser. Many breeders tend to sell off their puppies just to make an extra income.

Whether it is show potential or pet quality, the breeders must make sure that all the puppies will go to loving homes. It is very important to view the parents before purchasing a pup. Every breed is different. For example, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel should be eyes and heart tested before breeding at the age of two. Getting a pup is easy but giving them TLC for the rest of their life, we got to think twice. A dog is for life!

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 29, 2003, 6:42 PM

Post #2 of 131 (4341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chris78] Caution!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chris,

Thanks! this is a very good word of wisdom to all new potential dog owner... They must know at least try to find out the background of the dog and breeder and whether they are really ready for such a comitment before taking one home...

chris78
K9 Maniac

Jul 31, 2003, 10:32 AM

Post #3 of 131 (4317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Caution!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jaz,

Thanks for the support. To all planning to get a puppy or dog, please think twice. A dog is for life....CheersSmile

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 4:52 PM

Post #4 of 131 (4317 views)
Shortcut

This is especially to young children who pester their parents to get them a dog... after a week or two playing with their new pet, they just ignore and put them aside.. then it's up to their parents to continue the job in feeding, providing proper shelter and bath them..... Smile

chris78
K9 Maniac

Aug 1, 2003, 9:48 AM

Post #5 of 131 (4301 views)
Shortcut

Sad to hear that...not only young children...even some adults will do it as well! What a shame.....

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 5, 2003, 11:04 PM

Post #6 of 131 (4287 views)
Shortcut

Hhhmmpphhh.. what to do, we do have irresposible human being whether you like it or not around... and in the end, pity the dog only.... Crazy

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 6, 2003, 8:41 PM

Post #7 of 131 (4278 views)
Shortcut

hi,

seriously i'm also very irresponsible to my pet :| - buy new things then later don't play already..

i did that to my tamagochi few years ago muaakkakaakka :p now it's out of battery and shoved under my table drawer ~~~~

regards,
hunter

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 6, 2003, 11:02 PM

Post #8 of 131 (4273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Caution!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

HAHAHAH! that was a good one Li Ping, gave me a fright man! ahahhaha Tongue

makrawl
Canine Addict

Aug 7, 2003, 2:29 AM

Post #9 of 131 (4268 views)
Shortcut

u r better than me, my tamagochi already went into the dustbin and sent out to fill the sea!Laugh

but seriously, yes jaz is right. i feel very worry whenever i know someone is buying a pet (dog, cat, rabbit etc) to someone(usually is girl friend) as a surprise present.

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 7, 2003, 5:02 AM

Post #10 of 131 (4267 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] Caution!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

yala. given as a gift. very happy at first. but months later they tend to get annoyed with the once cute little puppies and give them away.

noticed that many ppl seems to give the reason "shifting to condo" nowadays when giving away their dogs. i'm starting to doubt the truthfulness of that actually. too many ppl are giving out their dogs nowadays. how irresponsible!

regards,
hunter

chris78
K9 Maniac

Aug 7, 2003, 8:27 AM

Post #11 of 131 (4265 views)
Shortcut

Haiyooo....terkejut saja...thought you really one of the irresponsible fella...phew...Tongue

chris78
K9 Maniac

Aug 7, 2003, 8:30 AM

Post #12 of 131 (4264 views)
Shortcut

Sigh...Unimpressed...I wonder those irresponsible ones ever realized about this or not huh....Unsure If they can neglect and never take care of a pet...I wonder what it's gonna be if they are to take care of their own kids...Crazy

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 7, 2003, 8:31 AM

Post #13 of 131 (4265 views)
Shortcut

hi,

want u guys to loosen up mah... talk about this talk until so sad..

someday, there might be a new rule that dog owners who are irresponsible will get 5 years jail term, 5 rotans, or both. hehe.

those ppl irresponsible can't be avoided. as long as we do our parts as good dog owners, that's sufficient enough to cut down all those strays out there...

regards,
hunter

chris78
K9 Maniac

Aug 7, 2003, 8:56 AM

Post #14 of 131 (4262 views)
Shortcut

cannot tahan la when talk about those ppl...seen many of them...Unimpressed

I do agree with you...really do hope that in the future there's such a law in our country...Wink

makrawl
Canine Addict

Aug 7, 2003, 6:56 PM

Post #15 of 131 (4256 views)
Shortcut

yeah, i think it should be ok to bring the dog along if it is a small breed. i have few friends and ppl around me who keep small breed in condo. (although it is not allowed) but if your dog behave well (this shows how much time u r willing to spend with them), most ppl can tolerate with them.

ppl, sometimes i think we should plan our time, not "planned" by our time in ourlife. like me, wake up 1-1.5 hours earlier before going to work just to bring them out to relief themselves. come home and bring them out again about 7:30 pm when i'm back (if i'm outstantion, then cannot help it lah!). noon, either my mom bring them out (very seldom) or she just let them pee on the lawn. (i don't like it), feed at 8 pm and keep the leftover at 8:30pm. then some simple training or playing from 8++ till 10pm.(meanwhile, feed my fishes too) leave them alone till 11 or 11++pm then crate them up till the next morning abut 7:30 am. saturday morning or sunday morning(if raining on saturday) is bath and grooming time. saturday night, sometimes bring them out to (Hang Gai Gai) visit my grandma, aunt, cousins. although it sounds very busy ( in fact it is), but i enjoy it.

we have to be basically mentally and physically ready before we keep a pet especially a dog that needs lots of attention.

i keep, chickens, kura-kura, tanks of fishes, dogs, and i jaga my house garden(not my mom). life is busy yet very enjoyable.

so, pre-dog owner, r u ready?

ah! one more thing, if u know that or u might be some changes in your life within a few years( eg, getting married and shift out from the old house, job that doesn't make u stay in a place, or u'll face some kind of challenge like FINAL EXAM FOR STPM) don't keep any pet first (tahan lah sikit) till u are more stable. i banned myself from keeping fish for 2 years when i was studying form 6. after the last paper on the last day, i bought a 4x2 feet aqaurium! the feeling was like i hitted a jack pot!

(This post was edited by makrawl on Aug 7, 2003, 7:03 PM)

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 8, 2003, 7:04 AM

Post #16 of 131 (4250 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] Caution!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi makrawl,

ya, some people, despite knowing they won't be around for the next year or so, insists on buying a pet.. and in the end~ "i'm migrating... who's gonna adopt my poor baby...????"

and some are simply not keen enough to take the responsibility as a good pet owner. they thought its like those in the movies... dogs well behaved.. fetch newspaper for u and can "talk" to u :/

u got quite a hectic schedule arrange for ur dogs hor? i have no timetable fixed for my dog though... i see him then play with him... i free then take him go gai gai lo.

u banned yourself from keeping FISH 2 YEARS for STPM :| ?????? aiya. what fish are those? please tell me it's some fish breeds that's worth waiting for (hopefully it's not 50 cents fish...)

regards,
hunter

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 9, 2003, 6:09 PM

Post #17 of 131 (4234 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, like I've mentioned once.. my friend's galfriend bought a Shih Tzu, paid a heavy price for it... and found out that she's not really a dog lover.. she bought it because all other of her model friends has one pet to take it out during thier weekly coffee session at the cafes... this is the next hottest thing in town besides Gucci / LV bags.. god, how disgusting!

Ended up, I cannot tahan seeing the poor thing, I took the dog out from the cage and start brushing her and play with the Shih Tzu... chia lat man these ppl... just do what they like without thinking that it's also a LIFE that they are commiting to... Mad

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 9, 2003, 8:06 PM

Post #18 of 131 (4232 views)
Shortcut

hi,

yeah, ppl could be such a show off really. they think dogs are toys or somethin'... think most of the time this will happen to those small cute toy breeds.. they suffer the most for their cute looks :/

how sad, how sad.

regards,
hunter

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 9, 2003, 8:15 PM

Post #19 of 131 (4231 views)
Shortcut

Yeah man.. i find it so 'sick' to know... some more can say 'actually i don't really like dogs' right at my face! Wah lau!!! I even brought the poor little shih tzu some of Jaz's small bones to chew incase she got bored.. she's been caged up most of the time.. Pirate But I told her off to let the dog out the cage and only in at night when she's about to go to bed! hhmmpphh!!! Mad

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 9, 2003, 8:21 PM

Post #20 of 131 (4230 views)
Shortcut

hi,

the next time u see her, give her a punch in the face :|

tell her it's from someone in the forum. ask her to WATCH OUT.

regards,
hunter

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 9, 2003, 8:22 PM

Post #21 of 131 (4229 views)
Shortcut

AHHAHAH!!! Too bad, that fella moved out and brought the dog back with her... wonder how she's doing... kesian nia.. I never liked her anyway... bad attitude and mentality especially when dog's concern... Mad

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 9, 2003, 8:29 PM

Post #22 of 131 (4228 views)
Shortcut

haih. too bad then. hopefully the shih tzu manage to escape and seek for a better owner la :/

regards,
hunter

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 9, 2003, 8:31 PM

Post #23 of 131 (4227 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, I'll never forgive her or talk to her ever again if I find out she did something nasty to the poor shih tzu!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 10, 2003, 8:01 AM

Post #24 of 131 (4218 views)
Shortcut

that's just plain heartless. but you can't put all the blame on her..the boyfriend just bought one for her..didn't ask her abt it first..unless he did, and she still agreed,that's a whole different story MadMadMad then she's 110% revolting!!

my neighbour also the same thing..so far 2 of her ex's bought her dogs..the latest one was a GR..but the BF took it back coz they (gf's family) are moving to a condo. the poor pup was 24/7 locked up in the cage! their excuse was "she's so naughty. let her out and she'll destroy everything" if she didn't cage her up and gave her plenty of love,attention, play and walks,she'll be the perfect house pet!! MadMadMadMadMad
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

chris78
K9 Maniac

Aug 10, 2003, 10:03 AM

Post #25 of 131 (4215 views)
Shortcut

Wah...like that also can aa....might as well ask them to get a soft toys better...can jadi pillow or bolster....this type of 'shue mm hei' fella must bring and go 'ta pa' already....terrible!!!Mad

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my